• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Can events be done yet in Civ 3

I was actually imagining something a little different: a "pathway" of tiles, one tile wide, bounded by impassable terrain and/or the edge of the map, leading into the playing area itself. (Of course the "pathway" would consist of tiles where cities cannot be built :nono: ) Presumably the AI settler unit would trudge along the path until it reached the board and settleable tiles (and, no, I don't think "settleable" is actually a word ... :hmm:

Hi Oz, I never tried that. May be the Roman warriors march to the settler and kill him.

And for the word "settleable": I think the word "disbandable" from my last post fits to the same category.:)

The idea I was interested in was using flat counter units to improve performance of the game and get around the fact that half the units I may need are not available.

I look at the huge range of civ 3 ww2 units available and become depressed. I wish Firaxais had left things that worked perfectly fine alone. This false belief by gaming companies that 3d is better has become the nail in the coffin for most legendery games (civ, simcity etc.)

Bro I have to say we feel the same. I floated the same idea your way 2 days before this came :)

Heres my civ4 C+C thread "Chance for a newlook = Better performance with BtS"
I got not much response but the last person said techniquely(sp) its possable, just in case you wanna take look at his approach its there.

Thanks for tryin and best of luck to you

Hi Oz, I never tried that. May be the Roman warriors march to the settler and kill him.

And for the word "settleable": I think the word "disbandable" from my last post fits to the same category.:)

:lol: I'm sure you can get around the killing-the-settler problem by using the foot unit options creatively. :)

- & I do like "disbandable" better.

Cheers,

Oz

Top Bottom