Can I view this forum on my phone via an app?

Aiken_Drumn

Deity
Supporter
I was just wondering.

Everything has an app these days. Does CFC? I doubt a specific one, but a generic forum reader that might be recommended?

The UX is a little clunky on a phone, no offence!

Not sure if this is site feedback, or computer questions either, sorry!

I can view it in safari on my iPhone and iPad. No app needed. iPad is better.

Apparently there is a Xenforo reader app for Apple phones.

Otherwise it seems we could be again using tapatalk with Xenforo, as we did before with vbulletin (once upon a time).
Would there be any demand for this?
(I don't know myself, I use the forum in the browser on my mobile phone).

I've just realised signatures are not visible when I view the site on my phone.

I guess that is somewhat positive as there is less fluff around the messages.

Otherwise it seems we could be again using tapatalk with Xenforo, as we did before with vbulletin (once upon a time).
We disabled that for various good reasons :)

Xenforo looks fine on mobile devices, on Android you can go to the menu (three dots) and select "Add to Home Screen", this will give you an icon on your home screen which you can find stored beside all your apps. Works great and no need for clunky add-ons which slow the site down!

I do tons of posting on my phone. Editing quotes is a pain in the butt but reading and posting straight responses or full quote replies isn't so bad.

Huge difference!

Will report back soon on my full findings! 😜

An app for this forum should be nice, I can see the threads in my cellphone, but I can't log in there. Just in computer.

An app for this forum should be nice, I can see the threads in my cellphone, but I can't log in there. Just in computer.
Any chance you can expound? I just logged in on my phone to reply to you.

OT: how do you people manage it? I could have written a book on a regular keyboard in the time it took to post this.

Top Bottom