Can some things be moved to modules?

Ethnocentric... :rolleyes:.
Who says anything about being for Europeans, that was hardly the point. The point was a carbon copy of a human civilization with basically no mod specific changes to them did not fit in the mod. First this was denied in this thread that oh, they were more Tibetan lalala, and lastly it was confirmed that they actually were a carbon copy of north American natives, but they would be changed a lot, which is all well and good.

My problem with steam punk was that ethnocentric as well? :mischief:
Carbon copies or civ's that are redundant is my problem. There are other civs I want to remove as well because they are not unique in one bit, but Valk has said before that FFH introduced civs will not be cut. Ever, so that was that.

Sorry about that. As I said, I'm taking your word that the Chislev, as they are now, have nothing new to offer as Gameplay is concerned. My apologies. As for Steam Punk, let's just say that I'm also taking your word for it. While I want them to stay, that's because I like their ideological bent though I don't agree with it. As the Mechanos stand, they are boring. That much we can agree on.

Apologies again.

PS: No, I didn't know about Valk's unwillingness to remove FFH-born civs.

Sorry about that. As I said, I'm taking your word that the Chislev, as they are now, have nothing new to offer as Gameplay is concerned. My apologies. As for Steam Punk, let's just say that I'm also taking your word for it. While I want them to stay, that's because I like their ideological bent though I don't agree with it. As the Mechanos stand, they are boring. That much we can agree on.

Apologies again.

PS: No, I didn't know about Valk's unwillingness to remove FFH-born civs.

The mechanos are one of the most interesting civs in RiFE. I mean if you don't like them you might as well stop playing Civ period.:nono:

I hate to ask this, but why does CarnivalBizzare seem to dislike them, then?

Edit: I'll try the Mechanos now, and see for myself.

Well, he said he thinks they overlap with the dwarfs too much... we could always combine the Luchuirp and the Mechanos. Take the Luchuirp melee line with the Mechanos ranged and artillery, that wouldnt be too overpowered.... (-:

Well, he said he thinks they overlap with the dwarfs too much... we could always combine the Luchuirp and the Mechanos. Take the Luchuirp melee line with the Mechanos ranged and artillery, that wouldnt be too overpowered.... (-:

This just blows my mind.

Luchuirp: Enchantment-based, open sky dwarves using remembered lore and the teachings of a mysterious, sentient construct created by Mulcarn to build golem armies. No fewer then three gods directly benefiting them as they try to create a new and glorious world of wonder and comfort. Huge focus on blending magic and artisan craftsmanship to make functional, beautiful improvements to their world. Powerful melee line that comes pre-promoted and throws fireballs.

Khazad: Earth-based, traditional dwarves burrowing into Erebus and striving to reconnect with the goddess of all dwarves, Kilmorph, as they recreate a mighty empire nearly impenetrable to assault. Huge focus on defense and economy, very little use of magic, preferring raw craftsmanship; Dwarven Druids with Crush and Earth focus as opposed to the traditional Nature affinity.

Mechanos: Steampunk-based, transhumanist civilization spitting in the face of every god to carve out a distinctly mortal empire, even going so far as to experiment with the boundaries of human life to create unstoppable cyborgs. Loaded with unique units and mechanics, from mobile fortress-tanks to their mechanized artillery to their thopter air force to their steampunk ranged infantry. Powered by nuclear mana and categorized by conflict: against the gods and against their own humanity, as the techpriests seek to reshape not only the ground the Mechanos walk but the forms and functions of the Mechanos who walk it. They have a sniper hero, an ace pilot hero, and a Transformer hero.

Overlap? Really?

Do we really have to discuss this any further?

I think most of us are agreed that an Indian civilization is just as valid as any other civ and that there is about as much overlap between the dwarfs and the Mechanos as there is between Sheaim and Elohim...

Do we really have to discuss this any further?

I think most of us are agreed that an Indian civilization is just as valid as any other civ and that there is about as much overlap between the dwarfs and the Mechanos as there is between Sheaim and Elohim...

India indians or native american indians, or aztec indians?:crazyeye:

I would like to be able play with only the original civilizations. Is there a way to do turn off civilizations while still being able to use the random civ selection?

Yes. Bottom option or so on the custom game menu.

If anything, Varangian Guards would be special "Doviello Units" that can only be built by Kuriotates/Elohim/Bannor (maybe if Doviello was a vassal or an ally)

Don't the Verdandi already serve that function, at least for the Elohim?

Like A_Moon said, select the "Civ Section" option (I forget the actual name, should be clear though, bottom option in the list), change the new civs to blocked, back out, and then go back into the custom game screen. They will not appear in the dropdown, nor as possible choices.

Wow, that is a great option. Just used it. Thanks!

Elohim can build Verdandi? or are you talking about the Tolerant trait?

Elohim have been able to construct Verdandi since FF. The Verdandi pedia explicitly states that the Elohim use them as mercenaries.

I also vote the calabim can build agents under certain circumstances, so their civpedia entry can be right about their being hired out to other governors. Maybe, it requires Zaria to be the calabim leader as a requirement?

That would be difficult, since Unrestricted Leaders isn't an option here...

Top Bottom