CanNES- Run for Prime Minister Preview

Canuck3

Pastafarian
The year is 2024. Canadian political parties has collapsed. The last elections were a complete mess rife with sabotage, cheating, recounts, bribes and even a murder. The end result was highly contested. The Prime Minister of the last 4 years accomplished nothing except to expose that the other major Canadian parties have been working as one for many decades and only showing a two sided face to the nation to keep up the appearance of democracy. The public has turned away from the major parties and now looks to the smaller parties for a new hope for Canada. For the first time in centuries the voter turnout is expected to reach over 95%. This makes most old truths about which province is conservative or liberal or pro life or pro choice or any other old definition pretty much mute, with so many new voters it is almost impossible to know how which province will lean.

You have a home province.
You have a core political following in your home province from which build your candidacy.
And you have the Million Dollars that the government handed you to help you start your campaign.
And you have your most important asset: Your Time.

Every turn, you can spend your time doing two things: Raising money for your campaign or Getting the people to Vote for you.
And you can also spend any amount of your saved up money on TV adds, Newspaper spreads/stories or any other way you can come up with to get the people of a province to vote for you.

Every province has a pool of undecided voters that you need to convince to vote for you. And then there are ones that have already made up their mind who you can try to win over.

for each hour spent fund raising in a province:
$5k per point in the state at start of turn
$25k for each point gained in the state this turn.

Time spent campaigning in a province:
1st place = gain 12 points
2nd place = gain 6 pints
3rd place = gain 3 points
taken from undecideds unless there are no more left, then split equally from all other (non winning)candidates (each looses same # of points).

Money Spent in a province:
1st place = gain 30% of your current points in the province
2nd place = gain 15% of your current points in the province
taken from all categories fairly (each looses same fraction of their points)

Visiting a state that you already control doesn't give you much, but visiting one you don't have any following in will give you a good boost there.
Spending money in a state you do not have any followers in will get you nothing. spending money in a state you have a good presence in will give you biggest value for you money.

Your Orders (you dont have to read the spoiler text, but please read the rest)
Every turn you have 40 hours of your time to spend (no overachieving workaholics allowed, you're a family man/woman afterall) and you can spend as much of your accumulated campaign funds as you want (no going negative allowed). Please use your time in whole hours (no 10 minute campaign stops) so that I dont go insane trying to figure out fractions of hours. Money is used in $1000 increments (for readability's sake).

Every province has a large pool of undecided voters that you need to convince to vote for you. But once those run out, you have to win over voters that have already decided to vote for another player, which is considerably harder. Different states have different number of voters, so some are easier to dominate, some are harder. The important piece is that its a race against the other players, not against the number of voters. You only need more votes then any of the other players to "control" the province, not more then half or anything like that. But the bigger your "lead" in a province, the harder it is for other player to take it away from you.

Every turn I will need to know:
how many hours you spend Campaigning in which state. (ie 3 hours in Alaska, 10 in highlands, 5 in tory and so on)
how many hours you spend Fundraising in which province.
how much money you spend in which province.

Story NES/Board NES
My defenition of a Board NES, is where everything is predefined by the rules and determined by player's orders, where there is absolutely zero chance of me (the game mod) playing favorites or screwing over a player for a "random" reason. And this game falls under that defenition....except....
I will award random points for stories that make the game more interesting. Mostly cause I've found that people get more involved in the games if there's some storytelling, and are less likely to quit for loosing interest. It wont be large amounts of points, so dont expect to win based purely on your story telling abilities, or lose because you have none.

Am I banned from this? :mischief:

banned..why would you be banned

Because I won the first one and got banned from the second one for overwhelming rules knowledge? And in the next recent boardgame, I was subject to a kamikaze attack.

odd, somehow this seems familiar. and Canuck3, are you VERY closely related to the captain fellow i've been getting PMs from?

anyway, assuming that the rules of this game are not changed DRASTICALY from what i wrote you posted, i will join.

Erik Mesoy said:
Because I won the first one and got banned from the second one for overwhelming rules knowledge? And in the next recent boardgame, I was subject to a kamikaze attack.

Hey you attacked me the same turn I attacked you.

Edit: woops I think you mean erez...

yeah I'm a friend of canucks, whenever i've attempted to make a NES i always work with canuck here,

thus why i havent applied to have my own party :p

but i'm more of a consultant for this one, I have my own AAR to work on so i'm too busy to be an actual mod

no, no one is banned.

Ya captain and are friends and I wish he would help more but it seems like im running this nes. Yes it is mainly the same as yours. I was hoping to make some changes but I can’t seem to make them work so that I even understand them.

yeah, this is canada... so we have a prime minister

this is based off president

This looks good, but I can't join this. Good luck, from one Canadian to another. ALL AMERICANS NOTE THAT THE WORDS "EH" AND "IGLOO" HAVE NOT BEEN MENTIONED UNTIL JUST NOW!

well that post sure was useful, insult a nation and add nothing...

so when is this starting up... and should i post what my party/candidate is/are? have you firgured out how you're going to keep track of what player controls which province? i can help there if you havent figured it out yet.

We can start, i have already received some orders. To start i would like to now:
Party
Leader
time spent and were(40 hour limit)
time spent foundrasing (40 you cam paining and you fundrasing hours are together)
party colour
home province
how much money spent on advertising in each province

In each province you control i will put your colour on the province. As well i will have stats on what way each province is leaning and by how much.

i have moved the nes over now. I am now taking orders and i will put up the stats of each province.

CanNES- Run for Prime Minister

Top Bottom