Cannot find the .ini file in App store version

SunBear

Chieftain
I know there have been many forms looking for this file, but after trying every route suggested I still cannot find this file. I don't know if it's because it was purchased from the App Store, or if there is a different location I'm missing. I am running on a MAC.

There is no folder in my documents, save for some school files. There is also nothing in my library that seems to be related. I cannot find any .ini files using spotlight, and when I search Civilization all I get is the icon to launch the game.

I have tried right-clicking the icon to show the package contents, but I can't find it in there either.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

I don't have the App store version, so I can't tell you for sure where to find the .ini file. Based on the way the Civ5 App Store product configures itself, I would have thought the Library would be the most likely place to look, particularly if you have nothing related to Civ in your Documents. Here are a few suggestions ...

Note that you have to run the game first. The .ini file is not installed until you have launched the software.

Spotlight doesn't index your /Library/ folder, so it's not surprising that you can't find it using Spotlight.

Are you sure you are looking in the /Users/<your_name>/Library/ folder, and not in the /Library/ folder? You should have a folder called Civilization IV - after you have launched the game at least once.

Holy cow I finally found it, I was looking in the main library not user. Incase anyone were to have this question again its through

User/library/application support. =]

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my reply where to look in the General Discussion area. The "~" in ~/Library means "/Users/whatever_your_user_name_is" in general Mac nomenclature. I apologize for assuming that you were aware of that.

Top Bottom