Cannot Locate the CD-ROM (SafeDisc error)

Zog

Chieftain
I've been fighting this all night.

I'm running XP SP2 with a Pioneer DVR-109 (the only CD or DVD drive in the system) with the latest firmware.

I have no trouble installing, but whenever I try to run the game, either from the shortcut on the desktop or from the autorun from the CD, I get this message.

I've looked up safedisc issues with other games, mainly MS titles, and I've tried forcing the drive into PIO mode, tried swapping the drive with others I have laying around, used msconfig to disable everything you possibly can, and even tried launching it in Win2k compatibility mode.

Anyone have any luck fixing this problem? I've tried calling their tech support number, but as you can imagine, they're swamped and are asking for you to wait 24 hours and call back - grr.

Thanks

We had the same problem. Try putting the install disk back in the drive. Reboot. Click on the CIV IV desktop icon. There will be a splash screen displayed. Click on that, and you should be on your way.

My disc were labeled wrong, Disc1/isntsall disc2/play, i put Disc 1 in had no more cannot find disc error. hope it works for you as well.

Top Bottom