Cannot start mod scenarios in Warlords (part 2)

HerrOber

Chieftain
Ok, I will not describe this time how exactly I configured the system. There are tons of free clone disks/images, too easy to download.

Anyway, I am able to start Warlords OK, but when I try to load the MOD, I am getting "Insert correct CD-ROM and restrt application". I wonder why it is so? Works OK for the regular Civ4. Did they improve protection on Warlords. Any tips are welcome.

did you copy or download warlords?

I downloaded MFS/MDF files, did all the virtual directory disk mounting, etc.
It's avauilable all over: eMule, bitTorrent, rapidshare and so on.
Then, I installed the latest warlords patch.
Just to emphasize - regular warlord games start without problems. It's MODs that fail.

technickly its illegal

sorry mate i can't help you ,just buy warlords

THAT'S THE REASON THIS THREAD WAS CLOSED THE FIRST TIME! Don't download cracks, just buy the stinking games, downloading cracks is stealing.

Not really. Canada doesn't have the laws against sharing files systems. It is totally legal to use eMule, bitTorrent and similar.

I personally also don't consider it stealing because I waited for almost 2 years before downloading the disc clone. The game creators had their profit. You cannot expect people to pay for the product that is more than 2 years old.

Not really. Canada doesn't have the laws against sharing files systems. It is totally legal to use eMule, bitTorrent and similar.

I personally also don't consider it stealing because I waited for almost 2 years before downloading the disc clone. The game creators had their profit. You cannot expect people to pay for the product that is more than 2 years old.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
First, Canada does have laws, its just that the wording in the law itself is really bad and can be read so that it has a loophole, but that's irrelevant really... we don't help people who don't pay for games here, and any minute now a mod will drop in to tell you the same thing and close the thread. Buy the game and we'll be happy to help you.

Yes, downloading the game (for free, not from steam, etc.) is illegal, even in canada. (The law is a little fuzzy in canada, but that is something that is specific to music)

Also a no-cd crack is NOT ILLEGAL in any country, but to "legally" use a no-cd crack you need to own the game. This thread will probably get shut down, but you are allowed to make a backup copy of your original disc (meaning you should be able to copy the original cd and either save the image to hard drive or burn it to disc). Since I hate using an original copy of any game since it always runs in your cd drive and causes scratches on the cd. Once the cd becomes unreadable you cannot get that cd replaced in the future.

Also the forum rules (for all forums i've ever been too) do not allow the discussion of no-cd cracks because they can be used to play illegal copies of the game.

Basically if you've played a downloaded copy of the game, and you liked the game. Go buy it, consider it a demo version.

Yes, game creators DO expect people who play the game two years after it is released to pay for it. If a game is old, then by all means search from store to store or go on EBAy and buy it for a reduced price; shopping on the intenet is not hard. If the price isn't being reduced, then the fact that the game is two years old doesn't matter, people still pay the price to play the game legally.

You are basically saying that stealing an item that is old isn't illegal. It is.

Breunor

I am sorry guys if I made an impression that I am a wicked software pirate or something of that kind. Not at all. I do use eMule and files upload/download share systems to download movies, music, occasional software, games, etc. Remember reading the article somewhere that one cannot be sued for that in Canada. As long as you don't make profit and do not use this stuff commercially, you are Ok and can share files with others.

Now, of course game creators expect us to pay for old products. However, if you can copy a song or a movie from a friend, will you still go ahead and pucrhase it? I do not know such people. Same with the games, or almost all other software on personal home computers.

Consider it a demo? But this is already a full game I have. Sorry, I am not an idealist to waste money like this, game industry makes enough profit.

As for other forums. There are tons of them on Inet where people discuss exactly this - how to crack games. There are even whole sites. Strange you have never seen one???

I understand if you do not want to help me, and I apologize again if I violated this forum 's rules or offended somebody's feelings. No need to help also, as I already fixed the problem.

I don't think this is the place to have a discussion about copywrite laws and the difference between sharing files and stealing.

The other thing about the current gaming industry is the PC gaming market is unfortunately barely making money. I think the only companies that are rolling in cash are EA, Blizzard and any other company that has a popular MMORPG. The gaming industry that is currently making all kinds of money are consoles, and if this trend continues us PC gamers will see a continual decline in game quality.

Just my 2c on the issue of pirated computer PC games. (I actually encourage the use of pirated console games because I dislike that industry because the console makers make the profit from selling you games and lose on the system itself)

I am sorry guys if I made an impression that I am a wicked software pirate or something of that kind. Not at all. I do use eMule and files upload/download share systems to download movies, music, occasional software, games, etc. Remember reading the article somewhere that one cannot be sued for that in Canada. As long as you don't make profit and do not use this stuff commercially, you are Ok and can share files with others.

Now, of course game creators expect us to pay for old products. However, if you can copy a song or a movie from a friend, will you still go ahead and pucrhase it? I do not know such people. Same with the games, or almost all other software on personal home computers.

Consider it a demo? But this is already a full game I have. Sorry, I am not an idealist to waste money like this, game industry makes enough profit.

As for other forums. There are tons of them on Inet where people discuss exactly this - how to crack games. There are even whole sites. Strange you have never seen one???

I understand if you do not want to help me, and I apologize again if I violated this forum 's rules or offended somebody's feelings. No need to help also, as I already fixed the problem.

I know there are sites like that on the internet, but this isn't one of them. And as someone else mentioned, much of the game industry (at least computer game industry) is actually struggling and not doing as hot as you think they are, but even if they were, it doesn't mean it's legal.

Anyone who steals games and does not pay for them robs not just the companies but also all other players who paid for the game. So you robbed me and I ask that you be banned from this site if you steal pc games. Getting a free ride when others pay for it makes the ride more expensive for everyone who pays. Honestly, I hope you grow up one day and become a human being. There are other laws than the ones written by lawmakers. Don't you have your own moral laws and your own human being judgement that tells you that stealing and robbing other people is not a nice thing to do? If a law has a loophole it still gives you no reason or right to take advantage of it.

Gee, Littlewolf, what a monster you made me look like. I can see the argument that sharing games can be construed as stealing from game makers. But robbing you? Just exactly how? Has the price of the game increased since it was released the first time? I doubt it.
And please don't pretend to be Martin Luther King with your preachings about moral laws and legal laws and gibberish about human beings. All I ever did was share some files with others over the Internet; never made any profit out of it. Just get off your high horse. I am robbing you??? Sorry, don't think so.

Higher gas prices - that was I call ripping us off and making huge money. Noone calls it stealing, but that's exactly what it is.

I liked the argument about console games industry and PC games industry. That's exactly my opinion, this trend of switching to consoles should be discouraged, therefore war cracking console games.

Just for clarification:

As I understand it, file sharing is legal (not illegal) in Canada. As far as I can tell, though, this does not give anyone a right to circumvent software licensing requirements. So sharing the .iso or the files is not illegal here, but installing and running the game is. This is indeed different from the situation with music . . .

Top Bottom