Can't build Hubble

YetiHunter84

Chieftain
Just finished Rationalism and beelined Radar>Rocketry>Satellites, and had saved up enough faith to buy a GE to use on Hubble, but Hubble is greyed out. I'm getting the "only one allowed in the world" notice in the city build list. I'm the only one even in information era, so no-one else can even be building it. Tried exiting game and reloading but the error has remained. Any suggestions?

You may have started it in another city of yours or you've put it into the building queue in one of your cities.

edit) Indeed a bug. Expected it to at least vanish on the following turn, but apparently it's permanent.

I looked at your save game. As far as I can see, this is a bug. You have researched satellites. The HST is not being built by any of your cities or puppets, nor is it in any build queues. No other civ has built it. I also played one more turn to see if doing so would straighten things up. It didn't. I wonder if this is the result of how you acquired satellites? The Notification Log shows that earlier this turn a great person discovered a new tech and that you also were able to select a new tech by finishing Rationalism. Is that actually what happened? Did you get two free techs from Rationalism? Perhaps this bug was introduced when they fixed the Rationalism/Piety exploit.

Exactly - Finished rationalism for the two free techs, but had only 3 turns left on Radar, so used a GS to finish that (overflow into nukes), then took rockets and satellites. I think the GS was naturally occurring (not from PT). From memory I think it was born in Akkad - I could check by seeing which city's GS timer is near zero.

Top Bottom