Can't load Mod - please help.

Korhal_IV

Chieftain
I downloaded FfH I, ran the executable, installed it in the mod folder for Civ4. However, when I go to the "load a module" screen, it didn't show. So I tried FfH2, the .23 patch that still worked with basic Civ4 (I do NOT have Beyond the Sword yet). That didn't either. Can you tell me what I should do? :crazyeye:

I'm running Vista 64, with the version of Direct X that came with Civ4 (I had to install that version to get the game to work at all), if that helps at all.

I downloaded FfH I, ran the executable, installed it in the mod folder for Civ4. However, when I go to the "load a module" screen, it didn't show. So I tried FfH2, the .23 patch that still worked with basic Civ4 (I do NOT have Beyond the Sword yet). That didn't either. Can you tell me what I should do? :crazyeye:

I'm running Vista 64, with the version of Direct X that came with Civ4 (I had to install that version to get the game to work at all), if that helps at all.

Try disabling UAC (User Access Control) and reinstalling the 0.23 version. UAC is a vista security tool that keeps applications from making changes to files (and probably kept the mod from installing).

Really? I tried it, but it didn't seem helpful.

I reinstalled and figured out that Civ 4 was actually installing to a secret directory, for whatever reason. :confused: Once I knew that, I just reinstalled FtH in its proper place.

Off to play a game! :)

Top Bottom