Can't start new game

Professor Dyer

Chieftain
Hi!

Casual CIV6 player here.
The problem is, I can't start a new game. The game has been running smoothly all the time, but all of a sudden I can't get a new game started. I have tried different set-ups, but it is always the same: I get to the loading game screen, then I get a "Start game"-screen, and it cuts back to the main menu.

I have the recent DLC (Indonesia & Khmer). I am on a laptop with Win 10.

Any ideas?

Professor Dyer

Did this problem only start when the last patch dropped (Oct. 17)? Or were you able to start new games after the last patch, but all of a sudden now you can't?

Did this problem only start when the last patch dropped (Oct. 17)? Or were you able to start new games after the last patch, but all of a sudden now you can't?

Thanks for the reply!
The game worked fine after the Fall patch, the problem occured all of a sudden.
I can continue playing saved games, but can’t start new ones.

Are you playing with any mods? If so, many mods have not been updated for the new patch, so you should try disabling the mods. If merely disabling the mods does not work, you should try following these instructions to remove the mods altogether (you can later try re-adding mods one at a time to see which ones are problematic).

Many, many thanks! I disabled all mods, and it now works as a charm.
I don't know what happened, but for some reason the Aztec DLC was disable without me doing so. I'll try and introduce some mods and check what's causing the trouble.

Edit: Turns out it was the Quo's AI Fewer Tantrums v.1.0 that caused the problems.

Thanks again!
Prof. Dyer

Last edited:
Top Bottom