capitol culture flip

A1CBOZ

Prince
I was playing last night on the mod earth 24 civs and im Rome. It's late game, and im dominating in everyway. Carthage is annoying me, but i don't want to DOW him becasue it will cancell the defense pacts i have with America and Persia. So i culture bomb him. Eventually his capitol city of Carthage flips! I had no idea that a capitol could flip. How often has anyone else seen this?

i've seen this numerours times before.

Capitols are like any city, except they have a palace built in them. that's about it.

Hmm, I would have thought it would be harder to do.

Also, will a city flip if it is the last city belonging to an empire?

Yes it does.. I once played a game on a Duel Sized map as Rameses II against Augustus Caesar..

Strangely enough both our capitals were seperated by only two tiles (Rome was on the end of that tiny peninsula, so it had no landconnection to the rest of the continent (the only one in the world). So, safe to say, I surrounded him as soon as I was able to establish more cities, then expanded from there, while constantly denying him open border agreements..

In the end, Rome simply collapsed due to the immense cultural pressure from three sides and I won the game. I can't remember what type of victory it was though, because I don't think I had achieved the specifics for a cultural victory yet.. Perhaps it was a domination or a conquest victory (even though no wars had taken place)..

So, in short, it is possible to culturally conquer the last remaining 'enemy' city..

:satan: :satan:
So, in short, it is possible to culturally conquer the last remaining 'enemy' city..

That's good info to have. In my current game, Hatty is down to 1 city but is Shaka's vassal, and i have my culture surrounding her's.

It's only a matter of time Hatty..... MWHAHAHA :satan:

Make sure that your cities closest to the border are significantly beafed up culture-wise; try to spread as many religions as possible and build temples and any other cultural buildings that might be available.. Divert as much money to culture as you can without endangering any scientific advantage you may have over your adversaries and lastly; be patient..

It takes a while for a city to truly become infiltrated by your culture and it has to revolt twice for it to join your Civ, which also takes quite a bit of time..

yes, a civ's last city can flip. I remember playing a duel pangaea with 18 civs. I destroyed 6 civilizations through culture flipping. :D

Well, who knows when/if I'll finish that game. I just got BTS! yay! Got my a$$ handed to me by a massive invasion from England on my first game. Took less than 3 hours...

Top Bottom