Captured City given to Wrong Civ

AxDeath

Chieftain
Since the forum has no viable or concise search option to let me search 13 pages of threads located solely in Bug Report area, I'm just gonna hope no one has posted this before.

I just captured the city of Bombay from the Dutch. The Dutch captured it while a vassal of mine (I'm Arabia, Saladin). Indian cultural borders have had it pretty much swallowed up since it was taken and in constant revolt.

Well the dutch got fed up with being my vassals and started a war and I thought i'd take the city off their hands, but when I captured it (stack attack, tanks and mech inf) the city was given to my vassals, India.

The message read "India captures the city of Bombay (Dutch)"
The city is filled with my troops. there are no indian troops nearby. I saw something similar happen only a few turns before and did not realize it.

Carthage traded a small city on the indian/dutch border to me to stop a war. The city was tiny and unguarded. When the Dutch went to war with I, they took the city before I could get out to defend it. When I came to take it back I found it in indian hands. I figured they must have just captured it while I wasn't looking but it seemed odd, since I did not recall seeing any message that the city had been taken by India (since India hasn't actually fought at all in this war or captured anything. that's Ghandi for you).

Again, my apologies if this is a repost. I've often complained that extremely large forums do not employ appropriate search engines to help users find what they need and I simply don't have time to read 13 pages of bug reports nor 30 pages of google search results to find out if this has in fact been posted. Especially if it was posted under some clever name (such as CITY STOLEN FROM ME, or CIV TAKES IT IN WRONG HOLE, you never know just how clever internet people might be) :]

When you click on search at the top under "select a forum to search" select "Civ 4 BTS bug reports"
back on topic: you should post a save and maybe some screenshots.

The first one isnt a bug, The city felt itself to be of your vassals nations, and so when you "Liberated" it, it went to them. (Sort of how the Allies had to give Paris to DeGaul)

The second one may or may not be a bug, probably the City was "Mostly" indian when it was given to you, but as India wasnt your vassle it went to you, then when the dutch took it, it simply revolted after a bit and went to Indian control. Really Needs a Save

I capture a city with massive military force. I bring the city under military rule and into my hands and it reverts to my useless vassals? Keeping in mind that a vassal is a servant state. NOT AN ALLY. They became vassals to escape UTTER TERMINATION AT MY HANDS. THEY ARE MY ENEMY.

If I wanted them to have the city, i'd give it to them. Especially since once they get it, I cannot demand it of them, cannot capture it culturally, cannot break vassalization and attack it.

What ever happened to the good old days when you could just violate your peace treaties and make everyone hate you.

Alright pull down my thread then. If it's not a bug, then it's just stupid. Last question, can I uninstall Beyond the Sword without wrecking everything? Or better yet can I choose which parts of it to use? They should have called this expansion BLUNTED SWORD.

I capture a city with massive military force. I bring the city under military rule and into my hands and it reverts to my useless vassals? Keeping in mind that a vassal is a servant state. NOT AN ALLY. They became vassals to escape UTTER TERMINATION AT MY HANDS. THEY ARE MY ENEMY.
Yep. If they "Are your Enemy", you destroy them totaly, then give independence to their cities, as a "Colony Vassle"

Vassleage just works differently, and deeper than previously. Its all part of the "Not just warfare" nature of the extention

It annoyed me when if first happened, but then in my second game when it happened (And I was the vassle), it seemed a good thing. Its one of the ways the game changed.

Fair enough, if enough poeple say that its wrong, then I suppose Fraxis might change it so that you can refuse to give it to your vassle, but then that Vassle, (And possibly your other vassles) would have to react negativly, then there would be loads of posts about that being wrong.

The solution is, as you said, just to play Warlords or Vanillia, I dont think You have to uninstal, just click on one of the other Civ Iv icons to run that version.

Yeah I've had the city thing happen, and its beyond the ridiculous. you should be given the option, but to have it automatically revert is a joke

Top Bottom