Captured workers on speed?

Sir. Martin

King of the kings
Something that really irritates me is that when AI captures your workers they just disappear, but when you capture theirs, you must move them square by square trough their territory....

Is this a bug, and have some of you experienced the same?
Anyway - It piss me off! :lol:

Your worker disapear

1.- because a.i disband them
2.- you didnt protect them

Ah that is what it is then...?! AI dispand the workers... F***** up.... :nuke:

Originally posted by Tassadar
Your worker disapear

1.- because a.i disband them
2.- you didnt protect them

I you don't see them they may be protected by an A.I. Unit. You could right click on the visible A.I. unit to see if your captured workers are hidden in the stack.

When the AI raids into my territory to capture the workers, but can't get them back to his safely, I see them disband the workers as well.

While annoying, it makes tactical sense. By capturing your worker, the AI denies you that worker. Since getting that worker back to safety may be difficult, the AI disbands it to avoid it's recapture.

I haven't seen this since patch 1.21....is that the patch everyone is using?

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
I haven't seen this since patch 1.21....is that the patch everyone is using?

It's definitely there in 1.21. Irritating too. I'm always nice and give back captured workers after war, or add them to my cities. It would be nice if the AI had a few routines that recognized actions that will piss off any player. Plus, this is something AI civs certainly do not do to each other, as a quick glance at the military advisor screen will verify.

Originally posted by Kilroy

I'm always nice and give back captured workers after war, or add them to my cities.

Interesting, I have always done almost the opposite. I keep them, and use them to replace my own workers, which I add to my cities. I am always worried about having too many foreign nationals in the population, because of course foreign workers turn in to foreign citizens.

Eventually I try and get a huge slave army with no worker maintenance. I know they are slower than your own workers but if you have enough that does not matter very much.

Well, I always keep them to. There is almost never to many workers to clean up pollution etc.

Top Bottom