CarmenNES01: Space Colonization!!!

Just a minor question.

Wouldn't the US have Half the World's supply of grain? I mean they supply most of Africa's grain.

Just a tiny thing I was wondering, I don't really know of any other country other than the US that supplies Africa more than 60% of their grain, and still have enough left over.

Not at all. When people IRL say grain, they include corn in it. In this NES, they are separate. So what you say would probably be true for corn, but not for grain (wheat, barley, etc).

Carmen,

check out this thread. It is the largest world map ever for civ4, and Genghis Kai made extensive research while placing resources on it. He has a huge list of references. I am sure you'll find it very useful in allocating resources to countries. Download the package, in it, there is an excel file that shows amounts of all resources per country (or per region in case of larger countries), as well as an image file showing the borders of these regions on a world map. It will save you lots of research for the resources.

Also from my part, quoting a very old post, in which some items might be relevant to your resources:

Turkey is the country with

1- Highest tea consumption per capita.
2- Highest bread consumption per capita.
3- 74% of world's hazelnut production.
4- 25% (highest fraction) of world fig production.
5- 18% (highest fraction) of world apricot production.
6- 64% of known Boron reserves
7- 40% (highest fraction) of known Marble reserves
8- Almost all known meerschaum reserves
9- Oldest known fortified settlement (Catalhoyuk, pop.10000 c.7500BC)
10- First female military pilot

Just letting you know that the stupid resources are finished, and since the Homework has been cooling down, all the stats will be up by this Saturday. (Giving you a week to give in orders in the case I finish on Saturday)

1- resources...oil...I thought the world would run out of oil by 2030.

anyway, from CIA factbook,

The current oil production of the countries, which are under Turkey in this NES is 530,000 bbl/d. Consumption is 950,000 bbl/d. Supporting more than half of the domestic demand (US can support less than half its domestic demand) might deserve an "almost extinct" or "rationed".

2- I have tanks in my stats. Tanks require Advanced Lasers. Does that mean I have Advanced Lasers? Makes me wonder what other techs I already have.

3- I am still unfamiliar with the rules, and I still don't know how to read the stats properly. How much income or EP do I get? My economy says +3, to what number should I add that +3 ? How many EPs does it take to increase levels of stats (no everything is not in the first post)?

The US wonders if both Canadas are at war?

It says nothing on current wars, but wasn't sure if you just forgot to put it in or if they are not at war.

To increase the 'size' based stats, it costs the number in size to increase that stat by one. Your economy is 3, and the parenthesis after that (Not yet put on) is the trading EP gained. The more trading partners, the more EP gained, but it depends on how prosperous the nations are. Oil hasn't become extinct, since a genius found out a way to create more oil, from highly advanced technology lost in WW3. Since it was transported around the world, it is unclear where it is. Even aliens haven't come up with that energy yet ,but that's why there are crystals. :p

Both Canadas aren't at war, but they are pissed off at eachother, and some minor skirmishes have happened.

Hmmm East Canada hates West Canada and West Canada hates East Canada.... I can use this....

*looks at evil plan to rule the world..... errr I mean North America* :mischief:

I am wondering if I could play as the nation that is in the color red and is in extreme southwest Africa. I would really like to play as them.

To increase the 'size' based stats, it costs the number in size to increase that stat by one. Your economy is 3, and the parenthesis after that (Not yet put on) is the trading EP gained. The more trading partners, the more EP gained, but it depends on how prosperous the nations are. Oil hasn't become extinct, since a genius found out a way to create more oil, from highly advanced technology lost in WW3. Since it was transported around the world, it is unclear where it is. Even aliens haven't come up with that energy yet ,but that's why there are crystals. :p

So if my economy is +3, I get 6 EPs to spend.

1- What about increasing the stats that are not size based (military leadership, loyalty, confidence)?

2- For trade agreements, I suppose there has to be some sort of resource transfer?

3- It is unclear where oil is? But you listed its locations in the resources post.

4- Repost: I have tanks in my stats. Tanks require Advanced Lasers. Does that mean I have Advanced Lasers? Makes me wonder what other techs I already might have.

5- except the army part, stats of Greece seem to be a copy of Spain

6- Rubber, Wood, Stone, Fruits, Vegetables are listed in the first post but missing in the resource post. Shouldn't Gold and Silver be luxury resources? And has the world turned vegetarian, as only food resources are plants?

No, you don't have 6 EP...
That economy (+X) is how much you get from an economy level. Then, there is the trade economy, which hasn't been displayed yet. I'm going to finish that. So, you only have 3 EP to spend. :p

1. Leadership is increased by stories/laws. Loyalty is based on some events, and stories/laws as well as Confidence.

2. Yes, unless you pay 1 EP each turn for each resource.

3. Oil is around the nations listed, I was too lazy to do in-depth research. Just assume Turkey's oil dried out because of Russian dominance and over-exploitation.

4. Sorry, but those tanks were left over by the Soviets. However, some nations have a small head start on research, since they already have the units.

5. Yup. :p In fact, all the stats are copies of each other. I'll tweak them a little later, after the rest of the nations are finished.

6. Meat is now widespread, and therefore unnecessary to list. I've removed the Wood, Stone, Veggies, and Fruit, since almost every nation has those. :p

So if a country has economy (-1) how do they get out of it?

2. So do countries get additional benefits from trade, over the simple exchange (give 1ep get resource, or give resource get resource; plus the trade income you are talking about)?

4. So nobody has any of the techs in the beginning? And nobody can produce Tanks in the beginning because they require Adv.Lasers?

6. But all countries have some sort of grain (either grain, corn, or rice...or beans) as well.

2. Yes.
4. Some nations have advanced lasers, since they have taken a large part in WW3. Also, some Novayan Russian occupied countries have head starts against those that don't have Advanced Lasers, since they have abandoned factories or blueprints left over.
6. Although all might have, some have 'Insufficient' amounts, hence the need for trade of these food resources. Without enough food, the military might have to downsize. Also, assume that trading will bump that resource that's trading to bump to adequate.

I have no idea what you just said.

Example:

Nation A has ivory (Plentiful) and Grains (Almost extinct)
Nation B has Grains (Plentiful) and ivory (Almost extinct)

Nation A trades Nation B ivory for Grains.

Nation A now has Grains (Adequate) and Ivory (Plentiful)
Nation B now has ivory (Adequate) and Grains (Plentiful)

If you 'overtrade' a resource, your supply will go down, depending on the nation's size.

thanks

new point:

I noticed some countries (Arctic, Scandinavia, Israel, UAPF, Brazil) have almost no troops compared to the general "enrol all males in the army" trend of the stats.

UAPF hasn't been updated. I believe Brazil hasn't, but I'll check. The Arctic Union has the least amount of men, and today actually doesn't have a military, except some US forces. (As in the real world) However, the few forces they have are like 1337, so it doesn't really matter. Also, I'm adding some resources to alleviate the disadvantage of the Union, via resources.

The Arctic Union has the least amount of men, and today actually doesn't have a military, except some US forces. (As in the real world)
I resent that.

But in the real world, there is no arctic union anyway.

Top Bottom