Carthaginian Civilization

Hey, wait up! :)
Hi, I've played a game with your mod yesterday and yes - no bugs or glitches or anything - well done! :goodjob:

HOWEVER:
Can I kindly ask you to reconsider Numidian Cavalry unit? I mean, we all know that the "Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse" are a no-brainer way to conquer the entire landmass, so Horsemen units arevery strong from the get-go.

Now, I get that they cost 50:hammers: instead of 80, which makes them VERY powerful. But why on Earth you've also given them "No Terrain Cost" (so they can jump across the rivers and hills and forests O_o) AND they don't need horses? :crazyeye:

Nitpicking (yes, it is nitpicking, nothing important here):
- In Cothon description it doesn't say that it gives +1:food: on sea tiles. It is obvious, but for the sake of clear info I'd put it there.
- Civilopedia entry for Numidian Cavalry states that they cost half of the hammers that Horsemen do, where in fact it's 50 instead of 80.
- Also, I had to build few Horsemen units to discover that they have no terrain cost and no Horse resource requirement - it wasn't clear to me from the start.

Now, I am deeply impressed with your mod, and the artwork/loading screen is better then Firaxis stuff imo. But please reconsider Numidian Cavalry stats, cause otherwise it's a slaughter of the innocent - I killed all the civs on my landmass (five of them) before AD on Immortal!

So there you go, that's my feedback, and thank you for your work :king:

Hey, wait up! :)
Hi, I've played a game with your mod yesterday and yes - no bugs or glitches or anything - well done! :goodjob:

HOWEVER:
Can I kindly ask you to reconsider Numidian Cavalry unit? I mean, we all know that the "Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse" are a no-brainer way to conquer the entire landmass, so Horsemen units arevery strong from the get-go.

Now, I get that they cost 50:hammers: instead of 80, which makes them VERY powerful. But why on Earth you've also given them "No Terrain Cost" (so they can jump across the rivers and hills and forests O_o) AND they don't need horses? :crazyeye:

Nitpicking (yes, it is nitpicking, nothing important here):
- In Cothon description it doesn't say that it gives +1:food: on sea tiles. It is obvious, but for the sake of clear info I'd put it there.
- Civilopedia entry for Numidian Cavalry states that they cost half of the hammers that Horsemen do, where in fact it's 50 instead of 80.
- Also, I had to build few Horsemen units to discover that they have no terrain cost and no Horse resource requirement - it wasn't clear to me from the start.

Now, I am deeply impressed with your mod, and the artwork/loading screen is better then Firaxis stuff imo. But please reconsider Numidian Cavalry stats, cause otherwise it's a slaughter of the innocent - I killed all the civs on my landmass (five of them) before AD on Immortal!

So there you go, that's my feedback, and thank you for your work :king:

No worries, I like nitpicking: The "half the costs" comes from a previous version, that's just a text error that I'll update, and the Cothon, I'll change that around too.

I'll definately reconsider the calvary being too strong issue (and as for requiring horses - thought I fixed that in V.5 - but I'll take another look b/c they should DEFINATELY require horses)

Thanks for the feedback - I won't be updating this week because of work, but I'll try to have another "final" version :crazyeye: soon.

I downloaded it through the mod browser, but cannot seem to get it to appear. I feel like an idiot, but what did I do wrong? I also downloaded the Dutch mod and that worked fine. I was able to see that and the Mongolian scenario from the free add DLC. Just could not find this one. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hmm... I seem to get random fatal errors with the Carthaginians. Occasionally when talking to another Civ (when I play as Carthage) or when I talk to the Carthaginians (when I am any other Civ) the game will crash. It's not always, but once it crashes it seems to always crash the game upon reloading and retrying.

Great mod molnutz though one comment. The UA seems to be trampling a little bit on Arabia's toes. I'd suggest a UA that better encourages a coastal empire - something along the lines of +1 additional gold on all water tiles and maybe +2 additional gold on all improved water tiles. This would stack very nicely with the Colossus which would serve to really push city builds to the coast. It would also leave the player in a better position to take advantage of the UB.

Hey Steve,

I'm still fairly new to the game. I love the Carthaginian Civ. I love the numidian cavalry and the extra Naval power. I'm also glad the Cothon appears earlier than the harbor.

However, when I build new cities on the coast, The Cothon is not in my building list. To make matters worse I can't build a Harbor either. This is after I've built one in the capital so I know I have the prereqisite tech.

The only other Mod I'm using is "better diplomacy". I've tried several combinations of mods on and off but I can't seem to find the combination that worked for me the first time I played Carthage(when I could always build them). I'll try it by itself when I get home tonight.

Can you offer any suggestions?

It seems that if I build the Cothon in Carthage first, any new city automatically has a Cothon if it's on the coast. I just had not noticed it before. they will also create trade routes
However, if I build the Cothon in a different city first, the new costal cities still have Cothons but they never create trade routes

Would love to try, but no d/l link means Mac users can't enjoy it (unless I load up Civ 5 in Boot Camp/Windows 7 ugh)

Top Bottom