Cartographic Office of Fanatika

Originally posted by Octavian X
Interesting map. How did you remove the FoW?

Thanks. Trade secret.

Just kidding. I just revealed the map (Ctrl-Shift-M). It removes the Fog of War to display all of the terrain. It also removes all of the units, cities, and improvements, so there is some adding back that must be done to create a functional map.

If you look carefully, you'll probably notice that two of the Aztec cities are in areas of the map that have not yet been explored. I went ahead and added these cities after extrapolating their location based on their cultural borders.

All told, it's a little more work than the standard map, but if it helps with the strategic deployment of our forces, all the better.

hy octavian,

i recommend employing FortyJ as new surveyor. He does great mapmaking work and showed a good hand in the most recent border discussions.
Please appoint him for a position in our office!

Octavian,

At disorganizer's request, I entreat you to find a position in the Cartographic Office of Fanatika for me. I believe that I can better serve Fanatika's interests as an official member of this office.

I believe that you can serve Fanatika better.

I find that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I thought it would be easy being Vice President in both democracy games here at CFC, though it is much harder than I thought.

Therefore, I would like to ask if you wish to head this office. I would remain as a periodic cartographer, making a map here are there. If you wish to head the cartographic office, contact me via pm or this thread.

Thanks.

Octavian, I am both humbled by your confidence in my abilities and excited about the opportunity to lead this office into the next age and beyond.

I accept.

That's great! I will give you the details now.

Tonight, I will ask a moderator to change the current Cartographic Office Thread in the main fourm to be closed. After that, set up a new thread like mine, with posts as follows:
  1. In the first post, place a thumbnail of the current map and link to the full map, as long as a message saying it's not a discussion thread, and link to this office thread.
  2. Use the second post for the archive. If you would, list my old maps in it, along with yours.
  3. The third post needs the city name registry, as I have posted it. Contact those with question marks by their names, for the names they desired. This needs to be updated after each election. Remeber that it always changes when new people enter the CoC, and no one names two cities.
  4. From then on, use the rest of the posts for announcements.

Titile the tread as I did. Remember, do it after my current thread is closed.

Good luck!

Thanks Padma. I tried to get all the names in that first edition, but I obviously missed yours (and maybe some others, too). I'll update the list immediately.

The frigid sea on the north face of our province is now called the "Sea of Shaitan".

The large ocean on our east face is the "Vanirian Ocean".

The tundra region that makes up a large portion of the province is known as "The High North".

Top Bottom