Catagonian-Fanatican Cooperation Discussion - Operation Aruba

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Catagonian-Fanatican Cooperation Discussion - Operation Aruba

In discussions with Catagonian Chieftain Micco, it came up that they are planning for settling a 2 tile tundra island in their far north as a last emergency solution. I propose that we colonize or settle the two one tile islands east of Brazucan Campo Grande in order to deny them the same privilege.

For sake of reference I call the Northern of these Aruba and the Southern Cayman. Our nightmare situation is that Brazuca settles a one tile island city, and dig in until someone invents the Marines and take them out or that we fall to a naval invasion from CDZ. We should deny Brazuca this opportunity, and following the map deal with Catagonia, develop the following treaty.

Omnivalent Denial of Emergency Islands Treaty (The Omni DEI Treaty).

Catagonia apply their Eastern naval reach with navigation and neutrality status to occupy islands Aruba and Cayman East of Campo Grande

Fanatica apply our Western naval reach to occupy the Northwestern islands of Jamaica and others. Fanatica should also take out the Brazucan isthmus city up north.

Catagonian-Fanatican Cooperation Discussion - Operation Crystal Ball

In discussions with Chieftain Micco of Catagonia, we realize the potential of mutual sharing of intelligence assets on our potential rivals CDZ and C3B.
We could therefore share our military estimates of our rivals in order to refine the force assessment, coordinates, unit tracking, battle tracking and relevant analysis for handling the civilization in question. This could lead to the Treaty:

Transoceanic Assessment of Mutual Adversarial Military Intelligence Treaty (TAMAMI Treaty).

The Mutual sharing of assessment of military force composition and powers of
C3B and CDZ based on the Oyvind Formula.

Please do not call CDZ our potential enemy especially while communicating with CGN representatives. CDZ is neutral as far as we know and is hesitating and uncertain mostly due to general mistrust to other teams. By no means can we risk by even thinking of them as our enemy. We got only one adversary which is C3B.

IMHO, trying to escape to a 1-tile island is futile since the game will be lost anyhow and this will be just delaying the inevitable for either team. However, we might consider these opportunities later on for at present it might seem as a waste of resource which might be better used in some other place.

I have not mentioned anything on CDZ at all to CGN, but emphasized the risk of being less stronger militarily.

I agree with akots that it is way too costly.
However, as a base of operations and naval base it can be worthwile. A place where our galleys can escape to and our troops can heal near C3B's core is very tempting. Looking at it that way I am in favor.

But then again; t will just flip and we've reached the complete opposite of what we wanted.

Actually, looking on the map, we should occupy Aruba with a warrior and build a port base in Caymans. Aruba as a tile would not flip, and Caymans would be too far away for a cultural flip risk. I say we build a port there and cash rush new units there for invading their core. So preparing two galleys with settler, worker, warrior and a pike would get us a relatively cheap and competitive island base close to their core.

I'm not sure the trip there with galleys will be safe. Or you think they will just let us through? Very unlikely. Fly we cannot yet.

WE may actually run through in a gun running operation and station a significant military force there to terrorize their NW frontier territories. We can fight through with all we got.

I agree with Rik. Settling those islands will be a waste right now. And if they choose to settle there, let them. It's not like it would do us anything at all, they would only be wasting resources they could have used against us.

If we don't land there, then they might pull a GCA and hold out until marines. Until then, CDZ or CGN may backstab us, thus eliminating C3B's escape if very important.

Edit: Regular MDI edvard and soon obsolete Veteran Javelin thrower.

We will use the remainging elite JT and veteran JT as bait with the swordsman and as well obfuscate their intel.

Photos of the Northern Island as requested by Provo:

Attachments

• Islands East.JPG
    Islands East.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Islands West.JPG
    Islands West.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 177
We do not need those islands. Anyone who takes control of them will be wasting resources to no good end!

Let C3B have the islands if they want them. We do not need to fear a GCA tactic from them, as none of the other two teams will harbor them.

They can, however, make the game last to marines. Not something I want to do. CDZ or CGN might very well backstab us should we have to wait a year for them to come.

Why should they?

1. If they only have an island or two, I'm sure the other teams and the admins would press on to make something happen.

2. Why would they try to conquer us when C3B has only 2 cities left? They most likely will jeopardise their own existence and will not be done before C3B is wiped out by marines.

All right, I want the islands for a dual purpose.

1. Deny one tile exodu islands to the Brazucans

3. Build 2 Pirate ports and cash rush 2 units per turn and move them up their rear with a minimum of waste time.

Provolution: the only way to cash-rush significant units (i.e. better than archers or spears) would be if those islands had harbors. Not sure that would be cost effective.

Top Bottom