Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

You can't even really go to war in the later eras, without cheating in some way. Most of the cities have over 500 units, here is a sample. The even more annoying part is that they don't even really use that immense amount of units, all it does is make the turn times slower. I got rid of one civilization and that sped up the turn times, because I just got rid of 7000 units.
View attachment 635295
Also I use Warlord units to help clear some of the excess baggage, but that only does so much.

Two points:

1. This. Needs. To. Be. Fixed. Dammit. In fact, it should be quite high priority, because it causes immense LAG, and that SUCKS.

2. You can (theoretically) capture cities via Espionage (waaay costly in the first half of the tech tree, though). This method works equally well against 1 unit and against 1.000 units, lol.

You can't even really go to war in the later eras, without cheating in some way. Most of the cities have over 500 units, here is a sample. The even more annoying part is that they don't even really use that immense amount of units, all it does is make the turn times slower. I got rid of one civilization and that sped up the turn times, because I just got rid of 7000 units.
View attachment 635295
At least the spread of unit usage is getting a lot better in this image. This is more like the wars I fought in late AND. Nukes were key of course. Curious - is this with or without SM?

Not saying this can't be improved obviously - but there are signs of improve-ment in an image like this. Particularly when we've classically gotten so many complaints that the game is too easy in general.

At least the spread of unit usage is getting a lot better in this image. This is more like the wars I fought in late AND. Nukes were key of course. Curious - is this with or without SM?

Not saying this can't be improved obviously - but there are signs of improve-ment in an image like this. Particularly when we've classically gotten so many complaints that the game is too easy in general.
Well, I can't be sure about the reasons of it, but my current game has AI finally building Heroes and heavily merged units, and not as massively spamming junk units.
Or at least the civ I was dealing with, did - can't be sure about all the others until I get to deal with them, lol.

Side question:
What are the "hidden attitude issues" that make even GREEN FACE (aka Friendly) civs decline to sell tech to you or convert, all under "We don't LIKE you enough"?
Like, wtf, you're already FRIENDLY, dude - which is way enough in all OTHER instances.
Any explanation?

there are signs of improve-ment in an image like this. Particularly when we've classically gotten so many complaints that the game is too easy in general.
Maybe people shall accept (perhaps temporarely) that C2C AI gets demanding in lategame and not use as much land/civs as they are used to. Or just make later units more and more costly.
P.S. Play with each other, AIs are merely props.

Last edited:

Don't play with Size Matters.

1659093642296.png

I don't think the spreading is working as good it is supposed to be.

Or just make later units more and more costly.
Well that IS a big part of what the unit review will bring as far as major revolutionary items. The cost increase plan there is fairly aggressive.
Yeah that's going to just mean a LOT of units then as being unable to merge, cold wars just become more and more counts of units rather than more and more stronger merged units. Non SM games units are a bit more production expensive and they might need to be more expensive still.

I can't find it, but somebody said to use bribe city function to pass the massive amount of units. That does not work, the massive army just sits there and retake the city on the next turn, even if you take the last city.

I can't find it, but somebody said to use bribe city function to pass the massive amount of units. That does not work, the massive army just sits there and retake the city on the next turn, even if you take the last city.
"Somebody", indeed, lol.
And, well, my point was that you can CAPTURE cities even with tons of units in them.
I never said you could KEEP them easily, lol.
Also, what do you mean "even if you capture the LAST city"?
Like, why would you play with "you need to kill ALL units to kill the CIV" to begin with?
It's just ANNOYING (now with HIDDEN units even more so, but it was stupid even back then with normal units, when a random spy could hide in a different civ city as well), lol.
This option is good for themed and roleplaying scenarios (like, using a Hero to roam around without a city), but it's total nuisance for any normal game.

"Somebody", indeed, lol.
And, well, my point was that you can CAPTURE cities even with tons of units in them.
I never said you could KEEP them easily, lol.
Also, what do you mean "even if you capture the LAST city"?
Like, why would you play with "you need to kill ALL units to kill the CIV" to begin with?
It's just ANNOYING (now with HIDDEN units even more so, but it was stupid even back then with normal units, when a random spy could hide in a different civ city as well), lol.
This option is good for themed and roleplaying scenarios (like, using a Hero to roam around without a city), but it's total nuisance for any normal game.
I don't play with you need to kill all units. I mean, I had one last city to conquer and there was over 3000 units in the city so I decided to bribe the city. The Score Board said 0 cities left and the turn finished and then the 3000 units took the city again.

Last edited:
I don't play with you need to kill all units. I mean, I had one last city to conquer and there was over 3000 units in the city so I decided to bribe the city. The Score Board said 0 cities left and the turn finished and then the 3000 units took the city again.
Doesn't make sense.
When you take the LAST-last city, you KILL the civ (immediately the moment you take it, not after the turn ends).
Unless it's not 100% that way with bribing - haven't played that way for a while, dunno now.
But it shouldn't be like that, I think.
Can you check now that there WAS NO hidden city anywhere that you simply missed?
Cause I had a similar case - I thought a civ had, say, 2 cities.
I captured both - and it still survived, because there was some city hidden on a faraway island or something.

Mods, any answer?

If the number of cities next to the civ name on the scoreboard is white, then it means that you know for sure it is the correct number, if it's in cyan blue it means that there's more cities somewhere you have no vision or knowledge of.

If the number of cities next to the civ name on the scoreboard is white, then it means that you know for sure it is the correct number, if it's in cyan blue it means that there's more cities somewhere you have no vision or knowledge of.
I was in later eras, when whole map has been discovered. Plus all my invasion units were all over his territory, so nothing was not discovered. I also used Ctrl - Z to reveal whole map, and no cities. I negotiated for peace, and in the list of things to trade there were no cities left.

Attachments

• Shepard April 8, AD-1948 - 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Shepard April 8, AD-1948.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.2 MB · Views: 7
Potentially (there can still be none more, but the color reflects that you don't SEE that info anyways, I've seen that happen with unambiguous 1-city civs that I've surrounded, still cyan).
But definitely the most PROBABLE culprit in this case, like I said above about me bumping into similar situations as well.
Basically, so long as it's cyan on the turn you are looking at it - there CAN be hidden cities, even built THIS TURN, elsewhere.
Not too probable to be literally "1-turn-old cheat-escapes", but it CAN happen with big maps.

I was in later eras, when whole map has been discovered. Plus all my invasion units were all over his territory, so nothing was not discovered. I also used Ctrl - Z to reveal whole map, and no cities. I negotiated for peace, and in the list of things to trade there were no cities left.
"No cities to TRADE" means "not MORE than one city", not "definitely LESS than one city".
If it has exactly ONE city, you also can't TRADE it.
But if you're saying that you checked the ENTIRE map, and there was no cities - well, I have no idea.

"No cities to TRADE" means "not MORE than one city", not "definitely LESS than one city".
If it has exactly ONE city, you also can't TRADE it.
But if you're saying that you checked the ENTIRE map, and there was no cities - well, I have no idea.
I always play on Pangea maps, so I know where the cities generally are.

Loaded, didn't recalculate, ended turn, waited 10 minutes for it to NOT end, not my problem anyways.

Top Bottom