Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

How do I get to the center of the Universe from here?

Attachments

• OlyOsk March 5, AD-1956.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 17
You can only change it for yourself, not for the AI players.
You can set the default difficulty for AI, though, somewhere.
Might be interesting to make all of them Settlers just to see how it affects their already stupid stupidity, loool.
Now, where exactly can I do this, eh?

Might be interesting to make all of them Settlers just to see how it affects their already stupid stupidity, loool.
Does not influence their AI IQ. However, it WOULD make them more dangerous by far by giving them a lot of extended handicap benefits, including better goody hut results and some others that you can't just 'set' for the AI to experience in the handicap infos xmls.

Does not influence their AI IQ. However, it WOULD make them more dangerous by far by giving them a lot of extended handicap benefits, including better goody hut results and some others that you can't just 'set' for the AI to experience in the handicap infos xmls.
I didn't mean the literal AI behavior (though I think it would also be slightly affected), but how much more aggressive (or else) they'd become when given even more "free resources".
It's less about "choices" and more about "capabilities", lol.
Also, it'd be a slight test towards whether the "stupid decisions" are one-turn-deep, or not always so - given that they'd have more actual resources per turn as well.
Basically, to test whether stuff like "I need 10 hammers for a good unit and 8 for a stupid one, but I only get 9 per turn, so I'll never build the good unit altogether" actually exists in AI.
Cause, ya know, Settler makes them "suddenly" get not "9", but "11" hammers, which may or may not switch their decision curve.
I'm not a programmer, so I can't predict whether any of this makes any sense, but at least it can be somewhat tested via difficulty changing, lol.

Also indirectly, during the game itself, via Flexible Difficulty :
1665042522875.png

Note though, that for the AI, difficulty changes only seem to happen every 25 turns (at least with host at Turn Increments : 1 and Normal speed).

P.S.: I don't seem to be able to set the AI difficulty at the game start :
1665042857948.png

is there a NEW rule i dont know about upon entering UR own city with crime units(thief/Ambusher) in them withOUT fighting them to get into UR city?? i can't even get in with a crime unit without attaching 1st . .

also i just built enforcers and they cant even be built in the city, it throws them out right away . .

EDIT come 2 find out its the "ambushers" that do that / /

Attachments

• cri.JPG
    cri.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 29
  • me.JPG
    me.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 29
  • enforcer.JPG
    enforcer.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
is there a NEW rule i dont know about upon entering UR own city with crime units(thief/Ambusher) in them withOUT fighting them to get into UR city?? i can't even get in with a crime unit without attaching 1st . .

also i just built enforcers and they cant even be built in the city, it throws them out right away . .

EDIT come 2 find out its the "ambushers" that do that / /
Stuff is super complicated here - I can see how it was easily accidentally made to work like this but I'm not sure what change made it happen, nor how to immediately fix it... I'll bring it up in discord.

@flabbert , @Toffer90 @raxo2222
From latest SVN; Would you explain for me what this means:
remove the minimum culture flip (flabbert)

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Is flabbert still active? When I go to Git I do not find anything for flabbert over the past several months. Is his commits actually being added?

Last edited:
Also, (the random ?) storms seem to be removed..? Why ?
They are removed completely as a thing, messed with feature growth and looks like were deemed not a feature worth repairing.

Huh, I expected instead issues with AI not knowing how to deal with the unit damage...
(I don't remember, are there any (naval-only ?) promotions that reduce damage from them, or is that only for reefs ?)

Still a bit sad to see them go, they made the map feel more "alive"...

(But I guess that repairing events is a bigger priority ! ?)

@flabbert , @Toffer90 @raxo2222
From latest SVN; Would you explain for me what this means:

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Is flabbert still active? When I go to Git I do not find anything for flabbert over the past several months. Is his commits actually being added?
He's still active but he's working on something else temporarily at the moment. I really didn't understand what he had meant with that project either but it was something to try and fix some issues with tile flipping and culture amounts.

Question about Rogues. I'm playing 42 (really like it, lots of changes that makes sense from 41). In my current game, a Rogue from an unknown nation is wiping out my infrastructure, but I CANNOT SEE it. I have dogs, Enforcers, Ambushers, Thieves, and Rogues, nothing. The only way I know it's there is because I get the messages when my improves are destroyed. I've tried all combinations of promotions, no success. What stopped it finally was stationing Enforcers (with the Investigate promotion) on the remaining improvements, and the rogue got killed trying to move into the tile. My economy tanked, and the next time this happens, I'll go bankrupt and have to disband the army and then my cities will be overrun by the French.

Why can't my rogues see their rogues? Please help.

Question about Rogues. I'm playing 42 (really like it, lots of changes that makes sense from 41). In my current game, a Rogue from an unknown nation is wiping out my infrastructure, but I CANNOT SEE it. I have dogs, Enforcers, Ambushers, Thieves, and Rogues, nothing. The only way I know it's there is because I get the messages when my improves are destroyed. I've tried all combinations of promotions, no success. What stopped it finally was stationing Enforcers (with the Investigate promotion) on the remaining improvements, and the rogue got killed trying to move into the tile. My economy tanked, and the next time this happens, I'll go bankrupt and have to disband the army and then my cities will be overrun by the French.

Why can't my rogues see their rogues? Please help.
Assuming you are playing hide and seek, you need to keep the combination of disguise veil detection and camo veil detection both up on plots to see through the Rogue's dual approach to maintaining stealth.

Assuming you are playing hide and seek, you need to keep the combination of disguise veil detection and camo veil detection both up on plots to see through the Rogue's dual approach to maintaining stealth.
I am using hide and seek. My Rogues have 3 wilderness spotting and 2 crowd-spotting (if that are the terms.) The enemy Rogue is called a "Barbarian Rogue, so not likely to have have any special modifiers.
Btw, is there a comprehensive guide to Hide and Seek and all the stealth stuff? I looked through the various mod descriptions and change logs, trying to find something that is current.

I am using hide and seek. My Rogues have 3 wilderness spotting and 2 crowd-spotting (if that are the terms.) The enemy Rogue is called a "Barbarian Rogue, so not likely to have have any special modifiers.
Btw, is there a comprehensive guide to Hide and Seek and all the stealth stuff? I looked through the various mod descriptions and change logs, trying to find something that is current.
The Player's Guide does either cover it itself or link to it. Search that first page (f5) for Invisibility and you should quickly find it there. The wording has been changed since then to Veil and Spot rather than Invisibility and See Invisibility but the ideas are roughly the same. There's been some math changes I think to the system as well since I designed it. I'm not sure if I could explain those adjustments or not but it has to do with same tile visibilities and where the veil amounts begin to apply then fall off.

With truly skilled detection evasion units, it often requires multiple units, not just one that can see through the whole of the invisible unit's skills. Terrains and promotions create a lot of variation in the challenge level and distance is a problem when the invisible units are also fast. Rogues can often slip into cities unnoticed even if you have good spotting systems, because they are taking advantage of your roads.

Top Bottom