• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Attached is the fix, I can't test at the moment as I an only a third through the changes to animals Rwn and I are doing.

Attachments

• Demand new.7z
    1.6 KB · Views: 31
I'm one of the fans who takes long breaks, but keeps coming back to C2C. If this doesn't already exist, I suggest making a more centralized changelog, and possibly a secondary file (google doc, maybe?) that covers new features and how they work. The SVN thread goes over the changes in a commit, but if you haven't been consistently playing there's no way to know what you're talking about. For example, there was recently some conversation about demand buildings... but I have no idea what demand buildings are. Is there somewhere to find this more "basic" information?

I'm one of the fans who takes long breaks, but keeps coming back to C2C. If this doesn't already exist, I suggest making a more centralized changelog, and possibly a secondary file (google doc, maybe?) that covers new features and how they work. The SVN thread goes over the changes in a commit, but if you haven't been consistently playing there's no way to know what you're talking about. For example, there was recently some conversation about demand buildings... but I have no idea what demand buildings are. Is there somewhere to find this more "basic" information?

We did have a thread here that was supposed to have the change log at the player level but it just ended up being the same as was put on the SVN so fell out of use.

Demand is a new concept that we are playing with. I have only done one set based on the Crafts Hut -> Hypermarket set of buildings. In this case not having them causes a certain amount of unhappiness per population. When you build the building the unhappiness goes away. The discussion is here

We did have a thread here that was supposed to have the change log at the player level but it just ended up being the same as was put on the SVN so fell out of use.here

Do we have a FAQ thread? Where the opening post (OP) contained answers to the most frequently asked questions and anyone can post additional ones. We should have. @Joseph: Do you have a good enough overview to set up that OP?

For game-play purposes I think it would be better if trade along coast requires boat building (or even sailing), and let raft building only open trade along rivers. I know rafts can traverse coastlines, but early expansion is made very easy by this.

Transporting large amount of resources by coastline on rafts was probably not a common thing in the prehistoric era anyway.

For game-play purposes I think it would be better if trade along coast requires boat building (or even sailing), and let raft building only open trade along rivers. I know rafts can traverse coastlines, but early expansion is made very easy by this.

Transporting large amount of resources by coastline on rafts was probably not a common thing in the prehistoric era anyway.

While I agree that rafts should be as you stated. Will it be a coding problem?

I disagree though about early expansion being made "easy" because of this. Early Expansion is Not as easy as it's been made out to be especially before Sed Life, unless you are playing on a difficulty at or below Noble, or on a ridiculously long gamespeed.

(Warning: Rant On and Please! don't take it personal as it's a general all inclusive rant)

How many times must this Mod go thru this "Kill Expansion" craze? Especially when many of those having "trouble" with it are playing on Gamespeeds that exaggerate and compound the "Perceived Problem", Eternity and Eons. Cut these 2 Gamespeed in 1/2 and this "problem" will also be reduced by over 1/2. Eternity's 14,305 turns is so out of line with All the mod's mechanics that it borders on the side of ludicrous. 7,000 turns is crazy long enough. When will someone besides me say Whoa! enough is enough!
(Rant now Off).

Thank you for your patience. :)

JosEPh

I agree (I'd even say trade across rivers could also be pushed later), currently it's a bit easy to connect distant cities to the trade network without roads, just with rivers and/or coast. And I don't play slower than Snail ;) What about pushing coastal trade all the way to Ship Building (at the beginning of Classical era)?

While I agree that rafts should be as you stated. Will it be a coding problem?
No, I'm pretty sure this is decided by a couple of boolean tags in the specific techs, so just a matter of a tag value swap between two techs.

I disagree though about early expansion being made "easy" because of this. Early Expansion is Not as easy as it's been made out to be especially before Sed Life, unless you are playing on a difficulty at or below Noble, or on a ridiculously long gamespeed.
Another argument would be that this would make the placement of city number two and three a bit more interesting, as there will be a small (Small even in eternity/deity games) period where resources only are shared by roads and rivers.

(Warning: Rant On and Please! don't take it personal as it's a general all inclusive rant)

How many times must this Mod go thru this "Kill Expansion" craze?
Spoiler :
Especially when many of those having "trouble" with it are playing on Gamespeeds that exaggerate and compound the "Perceived Problem", Eternity and Eons. Cut these 2 Gamespeed in 1/2 and this "problem" will also be reduced by over 1/2. Eternity's 14,305 turns is so out of line with All the mod's mechanics that it borders on the side of ludicrous. 7,000 turns is crazy long enough. When will someone besides me say Whoa! enough is enough!

(Rant now Off).
I would hardly say this is about "killing" early expansion, rather about giving game mechanics more depth for the player to explore.

Thank you for your patience. :)

JosEPh
Np. ^^

Code:
			<TerrainTrades>
				<TerrainTrade>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_COAST</TerrainType>
					<bTerrainTrade>1</bTerrainTrade>
				</TerrainTrade>
			</TerrainTrades>
			<bRiverTrade>1</bRiverTrade>

Nope