Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

With the gateway tech at the beginning of the Ancient Era it helps all civs sort of catch up anyway. So making the Minor Civs setting obsolete earlier rather than later would only benefit the AI. It doesn't seem like it can be too detrimental if it ends early on.
I was referring to the entire option regardless of when it ends. It keeps the AI on higher alert and more militarized and less focused on developing and growing.

Suggestion:
Renaming the Trails tech to Pathfinding. I doubt that Trails were deliberately created by early man. They were more likely created because humans were traveling the path of least resistance. Pathfinding would also fit the Scout unit better, IMO.

Suggestion:
Renaming the Trails tech to Pathfinding. I doubt that Trails were deliberately created by early man. They were more likely created because humans were traveling the path of least resistance. Pathfinding would also fit the Scout unit better, IMO.
Interestingly enough, the Pathfinder is a new planned unit on the books further down the recon line. I will take a look at that suggestion though and it may fit better to make the pathfinder in the scout position and move the scout name to later.

I don't put it past early man to consciously wear down certain trails and recognize them as paths to travel. We're not suggesting they are necessarily going out of the way to make them but they would certainly identify them and naturally enhance them with regular use and begin to learn how to communicate what those routes are among them. I know the workers 'make' them but that's kinda a civ route generation dynamic. I suppose you're saying this would be better termed 'pathfinding' except that pretty much all of the route accessing techs are named after the routes they unlock as a standard operating procedure here.

What the name of the song "SA_Early" (It playing on diplomacy screen of Smoke Jaguar)? I tried to google it and don't succeed.

um, because there is already a path built on the plot to the NE while there is no route at all on the one to the SW. . .
ahahaha sorry about that, i just looked up what the order is, kinda confusing because it doesnt say what the order is u just have to look at the techs i guess, lol, anyways, thx. . .

EDIT:
i know why i was confused, the trail/path/roads almost all look the same, just a darker shade is all .. .

Last edited:
I’m back after a few months and updated my game. I know you guys are probably used to me popping in just to list everything I don't like about the mod but this time around after 3 hrs of playing I have nothing to complain about!

Not only that but I’m really happy with how fast the games loading these days and the work done on the window for diplomacy and such. You guys are doing a great job with it.

Now I’m off to try to find things to complain about. lol

What the name of the song "SA_Early" (It playing on diplomacy screen of Smoke Jaguar)? I tried to google it and don't succeed.
Search for it in audio defines files.

They may be in mod or vanilla files.

Some of those buildings may require space terrains or features.

In my test where I made all space buildings buildable on Earth I managed to get research overflow in Galactic era lol.
Ok yes thank you Raxo: some have space terrain requirements.

Another thing is you probably should limit the number that can be built. Especially for the autobuilds which otherwise just appear overnight in every city.

changes noticed on playing after 1 year
1- animals are normalized in first 100 turns. - good
2- AI is expanding fast - good
3- turn times are same - :(

did 200 turns, will post again after another 200 turns

changes noticed on playing after 1 year
1- animals are normalized in first 100 turns. - good
2- AI is expanding fast - good
3- turn times are same - :(

did 200 turns, will post again after another 200 turns
Well speed improvements aren't really felt when everyone has one city each.
Autosaves on beginning can take proportionally substantial amount of time.

On what gamespeed are you playing?

playing normal speed in large map. at turn 400 my civilization was over run by barbarians :)
guess the AI improvements are good , or else i have deteriorated in the gap (was playing diety mode)

AGAIN: can someone please put back the Great Farmer the way is was before, thx .. .SO...
@Toffer90 I think he hates, that Great Farmer can place resources only in certain terrain/feature combinations.
That is Great Farmer should be able to place any plant/animal resource anywhere.

AGAIN: can someone please put back the Great Farmer the way is was before, thx .. .SO...
Just to be clear, you're fine with tropical plants being grown in the arctic?

@Toffer90 I think he hates, that Great Farmer can place resources only in certain terrain/feature combinations.
That is Great Farmer should be able to place any plant/animal resource anywhere.
Just to be clear, you're fine with tropical plants being grown in the arctic?
The Great Farmer should be able to put anything anywhere, even in mountains, but some things should have tech requirements to match. This means that you can put bananas on a glacier but you need buildings to protect the plants and a few Google servers to provide the heat. Also can't put anything on an existing resource even those you can't see yet.

The Great Farmer should be able to put anything anywhere, even in mountains, but some things should have tech requirements to match. This means that you can put bananas on a glacier but you need buildings to protect the plants and a few Google servers to provide the heat. Also can't put anything on an existing resource even those you can't see yet.
Too much to ask for now as it's not currently possible, but IIRC, the new tag that we'll eventually use for the farmer should be capable of that kind of tech access keying.

Top Bottom