Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Yeah, just play on Duel sized map (or my Duel spacemap scenarios) on Blitz or Normal game speed.
Oh, stupid me.
1. Duel size.
2. No other civs.
3. Super fast.
Maybe I should try THAT myself, indeed?
Seriously, lol - I might do just that.
While the Earth map is an interesting immersion aspect, it's not exactly the only self-challenge out there.
Getting to space is another one.
So - dunno, lol.

Oh, stupid me.
1. Duel size.
2. No other civs.
3. Super fast.
Maybe I should try THAT myself, indeed?
Seriously, lol - I might do just that.
While the Earth map is an interesting immersion aspect, it's not exactly the only self-challenge out there.
Getting to space is another one.
So - dunno, lol.
Yeah, I think even ultrafast - speed normally meant for testing only - could be used on my duel no AI spacemap.

Tiny things like covid can be breathtaking too

@Thunderbrd will plagues in Outbreaks and Afflictions depend on civics, traits and properties?
Also fake news (all sorts of things, that pretend to be true, but are false) are technically a plague too.

So which one of you licked the toilet seat??? :yuck::vomit:

@Thunderbrd will plagues in Outbreaks and Afflictions depend on civics, traits and properties?
They can depend on a lot of things. Probably not as likely traits but those can be influencing to disease in general. It's a mostly property driven system. The main differences:
1) Disease property is your representation of vulnerability to disease
2) Transmission of disease can be from city to city, unit to unit (by sharing tiles or in battle), unit to city, even city to unit, weapons applied, plots to units, plots in working range of city to city, all depending on factors that can introduce the disease.
3) You will have levels of outbreak to represent the % of local population (in a city) or severity of disease spread and intensity (on a unit), represented as buildings in cities and promos on units. For every instance of an outbreak you've picked up without overcoming yet, you gain another level of severity, so there's a gradient of how infected a city or unit is.
4) Recovery follows more specific rules and a variety of healer unit capabilities to address problems directly and passively.

There's more but that's the main thing.

Umm what? O_o
Hezbollah is considered a criminal unit and Israel is a playable nation when Israel is historically insignificant and mostly insignificant as we speak, perhaps with the exception of its political leverage and its nuclear weaponry program, which Israel uses to threat the rest of the Middle East with nuclear annihilation just like North Korea threats the rest of Asia with nuclear annihilation, North Korea is just as pathetic as Israel, the difference is that North Korea is an enemy of the United States and Israel is its greatest ally:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
But guys feel free to mock me and strawman me as a conspiracy theorist as much as you want, ignorance is bliss I guess.

Hezbollah is considered a criminal unit and Israel is a playable nation when Israel is historically insignificant and mostly insignificant as we speak, perhaps with the exception of its political leverage and its nuclear weaponry program.
But guys feel free to mock me and strawman me as a conspiracy theorist as much as you want, ignorance is bliss I guess.
Israel wasn't big country, but it was something before getting conquered.

Yes, I'm fully aware of it, reason why I say it's historically irrelevant.
Ancient Israel spent most of its history being conquered by other nations, such as the Babylonians, the Macedonians, the Egypcians and the Romans. While it was resilient and long-lasting it wasn't succesful by any metric.

Israel wasn't big country, but it was something before getting conquered.
Are you serious? Is every civ playable that existed since the start of the "common era"?

That article relates the history of a land which it calls Israel, but which is really called Palestine, or if that's also too political then call it the Fertile Crescent or the Levant. The article does talk about a civ called Israel, but its only source for that civ's existence is that civ's own propaganda/religious mythology, the Hebrew 'scriptures'.

Even that source states that Israel was destroyed long before the Romans came, and the Jewish nation that remained was Judah.

Yes, I'm fully aware of it, reason why I say it's historically irrelevant.
Ancient Israel spent most of its history being conquered by other nations, such as the Babylonians, the Macedonians, the Egypcians and the Romans. While it was resilient and long-lasting it wasn't succesful by any metric.
Are you serious? Is every civ playable that existed since the start of the "common era"?

That article relates the history of a land which it calls Israel, but which is really called Palestine, or if that's also too political then call it the Fertile Crescent or the Levant. The article does talk about a civ called Israel, but its only source for that civ's existence is that civ's own propaganda/religious mythology, the Hebrew 'scriptures'.

Even that source states that Israel was destroyed long before the Romans came, and the Jewish nation that remained was Judah.
I meant it was birthplace of Christianity, and Judaism - one of largest monotheistic religions.
I'm not sure about Islam.
And yeah, whole Middle East region always was mess lol.

Also there were more civs before they were removed to civ megapack mod.
For example Canada and other short-lived civs.
Also we have Indians, Jivaro, aborigines and other insignificant civs in mod too.

Last edited:
Nobody can deny that Israel has had one of the most gigantic influences on the planet. Calling it insignificant is pure anti-semitism at its finest. I'm no Zionist but the fact that zionism is even a thing most know anything about goes to show that it's had an influence and is far from 'insignificant'. If it's been significant, it should be included in the mod. That is not to give any significant element in human history or global perspective any preference over any other, just to include them all for what they are, something that has had an impact on the course of history.

I meant it was birthplace of Christianity,
I repeat, no it wasn't. At that time the Jews themselves called the civ Judah (technically, Yudah, Hebrew has no letter 'j'), which is why the Romans called the province Judaea (technically Iudaea as Latin doesn't distinguish 'i' from 'j').

I repeat, no it wasn't. At that time the Jews themselves called the civ Judah (technically, Yudah, Hebrew has no letter 'j'), which is why the Romans called the province Judaea (technically Iudaea as Latin doesn't distinguish 'i' from 'j').
Well culture without truly independent civ still is a thing.
My country was like this for over 200 years with more or less autonomy.

Nobody can deny that Israel has had one of the most gigantic influences on the planet. Calling it insignificant is pure anti-semitism at its finest. I'm no Zionist but the fact that zionism is even a thing most know anything about goes to show that it's had an influence and is far from 'insignificant'. If it's been significant, it should be included in the mod. That is not to give any significant element in human history or global perspective any preference over any other, just to include them all for what they are, something that has had an impact on the course of history.
For one thing, you're mixing up Judaism, Jewish ethnicity and the sometime Jewish state and calling the whole Israel. Israel did not exist between around 500BCE and 1948CE, so are you talking about outside that period, or are you talking about something else?

There is a massive global propaganda 'cabal' on behalf of the Jews, which is why one gets the impression that Jewishness and Zionism (Jews' right to autonomous homeland) are big deals. (As compared to the Welsh or Breton right to a homeland, which I bet you've never heard of.)

The propaganda machine is also what instils in us the kneejerk to describe any criticism of anything Jewish as anti-Semitic ie. racist. (Even while Israel is more blatantly racist a state than one might think possible.)

As opposed to your reaction of kowtowing to this propaganda, I call for it to be treated with the contempt it deserves.

It reminds me of your attitude to the Bomb (in the Modern Era renaming discussion), how you appear to idolise it for terrorising you.

It reminds me of your attitude to the Bomb (in the Modern Era renaming discussion), how you appear to idolise it for terrorising you.
Well bomb was one thing.

It was about quantum/nuclear physics generally.
That is atoms and nuclear energy.

Israel did not exist between around 500BCE and 1948CE
Uh huh. So what about these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees ?

As compared to the Welsh or Breton right to a homeland, which I bet you've never heard of.
Yes. Because the Welsh and the Bretons have to permanently fear for their lives in UK / France.

how you appear to idolise it for terrorising you.
Or perhaps for several decades where there was no large war?

Top Bottom