• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Downloaded v4 of the mod a couple of days ago, and been playing ever since.
Loving it! :)
However, I'm playing Epic on a Huge mod, and I'm getting a *lot* of CTDs that are related to diplomacy. When someone initiates diplomacy, my game will generally CTD with the error message in attachment.
Thanks! :)

You need to turn on your error messages in the CivilizationIV.ini (Configuration Settings) located in the My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ _ file.

Then put a copy here for me to look at, and many many thx for the comments above.

Great mod compilation. Been playing your latest release recently and have not experienced any problems (i only ever use your own made maps). Although ive noticed all my sea vessels state a movement they are uncapable of moving, such as stating it can move 2 but only moves 1. Any reason why?

I'd like to add that i think it would be great if you could include a mod that allows you to blame espionage missions on other civs. With a chance it will backfire ofcourse and cause relation drop with the 2 civs involved (the one you conducted the mission against and the one you attempted to frame for it). Id say you would need extra espionage points for both civs involved and it would create a new cold war type of effect.

I would also like to suggest another idea... Currently each city can only build 4 world wonders and 4 national wonders. Any way you could make it so once a wonder (world or national) becomes obsolete it allows you to build another in its place?... It just seems really annoying if you have built quite a few of the earlier wonders such as the great wall, colossus, stone henge and say great library and then later in the game when they become obsolete you can't build any new wonders... If you know what i mean. It would make those wonders that do not become obsolete worth a lot more in thier placements. Also somthing in the city screen that shows you how many wonders you have built. It sucks having to go through the building list to count them (especially when you cant remember which city built what when you have a lot of cities).

Another thing that bugs me a little is when i have created a great ally and we have built a strong relationship and then my enemy makes them a vassal in the middle of war and all of a sudden my long time ally hates me... doesnt really make any logical sense. sure they have become a vassel, but they should still have some mind of thier own not to want to be at war with an old ally. Which in turn should make keeping them a vassel for my enemy more difficult (thier should be uprisings against the vassel owner and so forth to simulate the fact they are forced to do what they dont want).

And lastly, negative relations should decrease (but not become positive) over time. seems petty a civ would declare war on me 1500 years after a bad relation. I can understand relations affected by war or religion difference lasting so long but relations affected by culture or ingame events should definatly decrease over time.

Not sure if any of that is even possible. Regardless, Great mod and i have been following this thread for quite a long time. You have really increased the longevity and replayablity of civIV. Kee up the great work!

I clicked the link to download on the forum but filefront isn't working is their another mirror I can use?:(

You need to turn on your error messages in the CivilizationIV.ini (Configuration Settings) located in the My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ _ file.

Then put a copy here for me to look at, and many many thx for the comments above.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I got the CTD, I got an error reporting that the the dump failed. Heh.
I reloaded once again, and this time it worked. I encountered Siam and no issues. The next turn however, I was poised to meet several new civs, and I got a BSoD. That was new. :-/

I'll see if I can find a dump somewhere!

I tried updating DirectX yesterday, but I have the most up-to-date version. I'll see if updating my main display drivers works, it's been while since I had nVidia work its magic/voodoo.

I clicked the link to download on the forum but filefront isn't working is their another mirror I can use?:(

Its working now.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I got the CTD, I got an error reporting that the the dump failed. Heh.
I reloaded once again, and this time it worked. I encountered Siam and no issues. The next turn however, I was poised to meet several new civs, and I got a BSoD. That was new. :-/

I'll see if I can find a dump somewhere!

I tried updating DirectX yesterday, but I have the most up-to-date version. I'll see if updating my main display drivers works, it's been while since I had nVidia work its magic/voodoo.

You need to go back into civ.ini and UNCHECK the dump area, its causes more problems then its is worth, at least thats my opinion.

btw, Welcome to CFC both of you'll.

Thanks:), but when I click the button it goes to filefront but a second later an error message pops up saying that internet explorer is unable to open up the page:confused:

Thanks:), but when I click the button it goes to filefront but a second later an error message pops up saying that internet explorer is unable to open up the page:confused:

Try using FireFox.;)

So I tried another mod :)blush:) and it gave me a MAF! That's never happened to me before (well, before the new-ish patch anyway). It was only 50 or so, barely started the game...

Curious...

Hoi,

When round crasht change the game. :( In the Annex the logs.

Groet Floppy1976

OK, i went through your logs and nothing there that is wrong, do you have Python errors set to 0:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

cause that would be the only other errors available, unless you have as in the FAQ's your graphics on High after the Industrial age (needs to be set to Medium or Low from here out)? And good luck!

So I tried another mod :)blush:) and it gave me a MAF! That's never happened to me before (well, before the new-ish patch anyway). It was only 50 or so, barely started the game...

Curious...

Yeah, i get those also, its just a glitch as in the FAQ's, just go your auto savedgame and start from there, it should not crash from then out. And good luck!

OK, i went through your logs and nothing there that is wrong, do you have Python errors set to 0:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups

cause that would be the only other errors available, unless you have as in the FAQ's your graphics on High after the Industrial age (needs to be set to Medium or Low from here out)? And good luck!

Hi strategyonly,

Bin in the Medieval age and at round 441 / 1250 AD. Have the graphics on medium and low asked. HidePythonExceptions = 0 is to 0
The crash continues.
I enclose my savegame and the logs.

Hi strategyonly,

Bin in the Medieval age and at round 441 / 1250 AD. Have the graphics on medium and low asked. HidePythonExceptions = 0 is to 0
The crash continues.
I enclose my savegame and the logs.

Did you change anything at all:confused::confused:, my 004 wont take the savedgame??

Great mod, only recently stumbled across it; though I'm having a few problems.

First of all, the larger majority of my naval and aerial units can't seem to get a promotion; they have more than enough experience points to increase their level and get a promotion, but it doesn't offer me an option of doing so. This occurs in a game where the AI can give its units of the same type a promotion quite easily.

Secondly, Swamps, Poisonous Gas, and Flooding can't be cleared after obtaining the Thermodynamics technology; only Scrub land can.

Thirdly, several buildings don't seem to properly link with their intended functions; such as the Secret Army Base, that can be built at any point during the game and multiple times by a Great General, regardless of whether the player has Biological warfare or not; and the Special Operations Headquarters, that doesn't seem to do anything; and finally the Missile Solo isn't required in order to build ICBMs, as its description illustrates.

I apologise if all or any of this has been mentioned before, the searches I ran didn't turn up anything.

Great mod, only recently stumbled across it

Swamps, Poisonous Gas, and Flooding can't be cleared after obtaining the Thermodynamics technology; only Scrub land can.

That is correct, do you know anything about XMLing? btw Welcome to CFC!

Several buildings don't seem to properly link with their intended functions; such as the Secret Army Base, that can be built at any point during the game and multiple times by a Great General, regardless of whether the player has Biological warfare or not; and the Special Operations Headquarters, that doesn't seem to do anything.

What version are you playing, cause i thought i got rid of that in 004?

I apologise if all or any of this has been mentioned before, the searches I ran didn't turn up anything.[/QUOTE]

Not understand it???:confused:

DId you add or take something out, or move anything at all in the 004 version?

That is correct, do you know anything about XMLing? btw Welcome to CFC!
Thanks for the welcome :) Been around since Civ3, but rarely posted.
I know a small amount about XML, I'm more versed with python. I assume the linking's an XML problem?

What version are you playing, cause i thought i got rid of that in 004?
Heh, sorry, as it turns out I've been playing 003, I must have obtained it from an old link. I assume that'll clear up the promotion problem, also?

Top Bottom