• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Strategy, are you going to update to AND 1.73 patch J anytime soon. I really like your enhancements, but I also like the improvements Afforess has made with AND. The J patch or the upcoming H patch would be great.

One thing, since I've been playing with just the plain old animal bonus in AND, I noticed that it will give you the deer, horse, or elephant bonus even if there is already a hidden bonus there. I haven't tried it with an already visible bonus. Is there any way to change it so it won't overwrite bonuses?

How are we supposed to play this mod to the end if it crashes Civ with malloc when most people reach the Industrial age

Strategy, are you going to update to AND 1.73 patch J anytime soon. I really like your enhancements, but I also like the improvements Afforess has made with AND. The J patch or the upcoming H patch would be great.

One thing, since I've been playing with just the plain old animal bonus in AND, I noticed that it will give you the deer, horse, or elephant bonus even if there is already a hidden bonus there. I haven't tried it with an already visible bonus. Is there any way to change it so it won't overwrite bonuses?

We are presently working on a better Animal Placement, they can get it working correctly, but i cant for some reason, it it will be alot better than it was before.

How are we supposed to play this mod to the end if it crashes Civ with malloc when most people reach the Industrial age

The only way to get to to stop with the runtimes/MAF's etc is to play on a smaller map and ALOT less civs, i am presently only trying a map that is 70 X 60 which actually is pretty small, and only a total of 7 civs, and it takes about one minute for each turn, and i have a higher ended PC and I also dont even have any of the extra's, i only have RoM/AND and my stuff included, so you can see this is a HUGE mod and actually less civs the better, and i recommend nothing larger than a standard map.
I dont ever play with Rev or Barb Civ on because it causes to many MAF's later in game.

I like the multiciv aspect though.

I was playing a standard map with 7 civs that MAFed a while ago in the modern era.

I like the multiciv aspect though.

I was playing a standard map with 7 civs that MAFed a while ago in the modern era.

You must have an older PC then, probably XP or Vista then. If you have those you need to switch to the 3GB stuff.

I've read about that. I don't want to risk my computer seizing up or not booting properly.

I only have 4GB of RAM

Updated NEW version out Beta 4, 8 Jun 4 am.

If you have an Original version of RoM in the same area you need to CHANGE the name because this one also has the RoM name rather than NWA, then when you want to play RoM just change the name on this mod and change the original back to the RoM one.

I took some things out, you will have to let me know what you want back or added.

I have had version 4 for about a year. Is this the latest version of the game that works and does not have a bunch of bugs?

When Civilization 5 comes out, will you do another next war advanced for that one? Having the future techs makes the game more complete. I don't know why civilization has never had that option before.

What about civilization 5. Will you do a next war advanced for it? I don't see why they never have a future tech tree, or at least the option for one. I think it adds a lot more to the game. It is difficult for me to go from this mod to a regular game, I feel cheated without using the tech tree in this mod, or the extra units. Perhaps you can call Sid Meire and discuss this with him, and tell him how it is going to be.

Updated NEW version out Beta 4, 8 Jun 4 am.

If you have an Original version of RoM in the same area you need to CHANGE the name because this one also has the RoM name rather than NWA, then when you want to play RoM just change the name on this mod and change the original back to the RoM one.

I took some things out, you will have to let me know what you want back or added.

I did agree that there was probably too many religions(be different if they were founded by things other than just discovering a tech first maybe). I'd probably keep Asatri, as it is in alot of other mods(amra and extra are two) and goes well with the ones Zappara added in RoM.

Just a question Strategy but does the new version update the city styles. When I played Beta 2 the new civs you added had cities that looked like someone had taken pieces of other sets and smashed them together, and also the hellenistic set used by byzantines, greeks etc was invisible by the Renaissance era.

Just asking as I did not see anything related to the city art in the patchnotes.

I do have a request though, when I play RoM I often miss the ethnic art seen in mods such as Veratas Delectat. Would it be possible to update the unit art to be like that? If you have already done this(I have not downloaded the new version yet) I apologize.

What about civilization 5. Will you do a next war advanced for it? I don't see why they never have a future tech tree, or at least the option for one. I think it adds a lot more to the game. It is difficult for me to go from this mod to a regular game, I feel cheated without using the tech tree in this mod, or the extra units. Perhaps you can call Sid Meire and discuss this with him, and tell him how it is going to be.

Dont know for sure, but "maybe." Cause Zappara is going in a completely different direction next time, and i more than likely will follow.

I did agree that there was probably too many religions(be different if they were founded by things other than just discovering a tech first maybe). I'd probably keep Asatri, as it is in alot of other mods(amra and extra are two) and goes well with the ones Zappara added in RoM.

Just a question Strategy but does the new version update the city styles. When I played Beta 2 the new civs you added had cities that looked like someone had taken pieces of other sets and smashed them together, and also the hellenistic set used by byzantines, greeks etc was invisible by the Renaissance era.

Just asking as I did not see anything related to the city art in the patchnotes.

I do have a request though, when I play RoM I often miss the ethnic art seen in mods such as Veratas Delectat. Would it be possible to update the unit art to be like that? If you have already done this(I have not downloaded the new version yet) I apologize.

Yeah they should be the new Geomodders citystyles set. I saw some mistakes in the logs about some of the cityart, but never really payed too much attention to it.

I am working on making modules again just for RoM, i have a thread there in the RoM mods area, of the stuff i have, that works, but if you have Beta 2 and this one you'd have to put the Custom_Civs together to make a bigger one, cause i dont have all of them listed in the RoM thread, i like to keep things just alittle different in NWA.

btw, thx for asking.

NP Strategy.

I still remember making those dragon pics for you with poser for that civ you made what I think is closing in on two years ago. Wow time flies!

Never know, down the road, i might use that stuff again, "hint.":mischief:

btw thx again for everything.

EDIT: Each civ i make takes approx 5 -10 hours.

Anyway as per my last question. Have you been incorporating more ethnic unit art in NWA or is it something your just doing with those modules? Just wondering.

As for making you more pictures I will need to reinstall poser since I now have a new computer, plus the old one with all my work and files had to be wiped because of viruses. That was why i sort of disappeared from Civfanatics. I was not happy trust me.

I have decided to help you out and add more text for some of the corporations. Some of the stuff there are bare bones

Attachments

• Bulleyes Corporation.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 60
Why in the hell didn't you keep the NWA name? I want to be able to play this mod and RoM/AND without having to change names.

Talk about dumb...

Why in the hell didn't you keep the NWA name? I want to be able to play this mod and RoM/AND without having to change names.

Talk about dumb...

Then change it, DUH!!:D

I have version 004, I am afraid to download the other versions, because I think they will be too big and not work at all. Anyways, in 004 lawyers cause a tidal wave that destroys cities, how are they supposed to be used? Also, do some buildings disappear and have to be rebuilt. Last, what does the missile silo do?

Top Bottom