Caveman 2 Cosmos

Once you have learnt one computer language it is usually possible to get the foibles of another language quickly enough.

My problem at the moment is that I have convinced myself that I am to old to program - mostly because I can't debug on a screen, I need paper and coloured pens.:D

Yeah, I had loops in a lecture at my university, but this was in Java. And I think I first need to understand the structure of it. But it should be doable.

If you can understand the whole Events python file, you can pretty much design your own conditions and effects already.

The rest is just logic thinking to solve logic errors which no tutorial can teach you.

To play around with screen interface, BTS pedia will be easiest to experiment.
Don't bother with Sevo or mine, both are not meant for teaching purposes.
Simple advisor screens like Diplomacy and Financial are also easy for beginners.
Basically, ignore any python screen more than 500 lines.

Well, I never really "learned" a Computer Language :crazyeye: I just had two semesters of "Informatics for beginners" and yeah... As I said I can understand the Python part of the events most of the time (and probably a lot more if I'd spend a day to have a look at the tag-names for Civ, but I'm not able to write it on my own yet. But probably that is just one of these "harder than you think" things, that become quite easy once you really try it :lol:

Let's see, I have some ideas for events (and it gets more and more the more I read through the Event file) and I still want to implent the Cultural Heritage project. And I *think* that I could make at least a very basic version run when I learn a bit python (without a good UI). That's really motivating!

Edit: Sounds pretty cool Platyping! I already copy some python codes from the events and I plan to manipulate them a bit to alter them. And I think this is something that comes with practice. I will first focus on this easy python from events and maybe missions (for space units) as well before I have a look at screen programing, but good to know :)

I have to admit I haven't gotten Heroic II units yet in my playthrough so I don't know if this is a balanced suggestion, but...

Would it be possible to REMOVE the promotion from the unit if the golden age is triggered? They could get it back by spending more EXP to get the promotion again I suppose, but I think that'll work well to limit abuse without being as drastic as deleting the unit... I don't think I would want to lose such a highly promoted unit!

I have to admit I haven't gotten Heroic II units yet in my playthrough so I don't know if this is a balanced suggestion, but...

Would it be possible to REMOVE the promotion from the unit if the golden age is triggered? They could get it back by spending more EXP to get the promotion again I suppose, but I think that'll work well to limit abuse without being as drastic as deleting the unit... I don't think I would want to lose such a highly promoted unit!

That's why I said it is a 2 edged sword: You don't HAVE TO promote the unit with heoric II if you don't want to lose it. But a sacrifice a highly experienced unit for a GA seems about fair for me (I mean, I have to sacrifice GP to get one...)

Along these lines, rather than losing the promo... we could make it only give one use. Once successful it won't happen again. BUT it may lead to Heroic III, IV, V etc... that add another use each time its taken. I'd love to integrate that into Unit Quality prereqs when the Size Matters option is on so that the quality level of the unit limits how many heroic promos can be taken. This could actually work quite nicely.

Hello!!

Can I use Perfect Moongose Map Script 3.2?, or I have to wait an update of caveman to cosmos that it contains this update, because now C2C has v.3.10 for moongose.

Thanks you!!

C2C has more terrains and other stuff than normal. It may work but it may not.

edit I'll download it and see how difficult it will be to convert.

edit 2 It is not a quick job. So won't be in the next release.

I tried, but i think he has alot in the dll also.

Thank you for your job!!

Only was a question, it is not possible, i will use v.310 that contains c2c mod. :goodjob:

Hey guys, super mod, thansk for ruining my socail life!"

Just my observations from playing prehistoric, (as far as I have got)

it takes too long to get to tribalism and to settle another city. Maybe it wouldnt be a good idea to settle another city before Tribalsim but I think the option should exist.

The bonuses from hunting (myths etc) can be a bit excessive especially when you have only one city where they are all located! Once a scout/chaser gets to a certain level they are practically invincible and with enough of them you could be more than doubling your hammers and food every turn.

It's indeed a While before you can have more then one city yes, But i do not find it Problematic, Or something one should look at, If you get lucky you can get Tribes from goody huts ;) Though be carefull they may break your empire

it takes too long to get to tribalism and to settle another city. Maybe it wouldnt be a good idea to settle another city before Tribalsim but I think the option should exist.

The bonuses from hunting (myths etc) can be a bit excessive especially when you have only one city where they are all located! Once a scout/chaser gets to a certain level they are practically invincible and with enough of them you could be more than doubling your hammers and food every turn.

The cool thing is: it kinda simulates reality. Humans started out as hunter/gatherers. Cities came way later. And the invincible hunters are simply the persistant hunting techniques that allow the tribe to concentrate on military/science/culture instead of building new hunters every year since the old once died.

But yeah the worst part about this mod is the addictiveness, I have thousands of hours (from RoM, AnD to C2C). :lol:

Do you have the option "Auto end turns where there are no decisions for me to do. " on?

The rest is as intended. The Myths are intended to simulate the neolithic spurt in knowledge. They need a bit of tweaking due to recent changes in the combat system but that is a task for after the release of v34.

Do you have the option "Auto end turns where there are no decisions for me to do. " on?

The rest is as intended. The Myths are intended to simulate the neolithic spurt in knowledge. They need a bit of tweaking due to recent changes in the combat system but that is a task for after the release of v34.

Thanks, will try auto end turns

Why are stone tools workshops better than mines? Mining gives them +1 hammer and now I have a choice between building stone tools workshop in 14 turns for 3 extra hammers or mine in 20 turns for 2 extra hammers...

Why are stone tools workshops better than mines? Mining gives them +1 hammer and now I have a choice between building stone tools workshop in 14 turns for 3 extra hammers or mine in 20 turns for 2 extra hammers...

It is so because no one has reported as a bug on the bug thread.

I am playing with v33 and ran into what may be a game stopper. I moved an army up to an enemy city, bombarded it down to zero defenses and then was told I could not assault it because it was within a city's radius. What is going on?

Top Bottom