Caveman 2 Cosmos

There's still work being done to fix the GEM apparently but no map will have over 35 civs allowed after this coming release. (without a special dll that will no longer be supported.)

currently the last SVN (yesterday edition), as well as the downloadable v34, is crashing while loading my GEM sav, which runs fine with C2C v33. Looks like there is a massive incompatibility, it is not a memory allocation problem.

Furthermore, so far I undertstand, it is not the primary problem of amount of civs (that is an inderect problem only), but amount of different units (and in so far partially related to amount of civs, but not essential) which the game all loads althought they are invisible, if I don't move over the world intensive. This for me looks like a structural problem of C2C, not caused by the exe directly, but how the exe gets the stuff to proceed.

There is no need to load all in one rush, split of operation in two or three parts and reload partially, depending from moving and turn processing, along with forced reload of the not needed parts out of memory (force the memory unload for all such), may bring more than lowering the amount of civs.

Someone here told, that you gt the GEM working up to memory usage of ~ 2.6GB
This is the proof why this programming is structurell suboptimal. If the game can use more than 2 GB (by patch), then it MUST be able to use up to 3 GB (resp. in XP 2.9 GB). There is no other border / Restriction in memory. Getting a memory allocation error before 3GB (but after 2GB) always IS a MOD programming failure, and the exe is not the reason. The exe either can handle 2 or 3GB. anyways.

Also, I got in svn a VRAM memory allocation error, althought the used VRAM at that moment only was 360MB.

The fact, that I can run the sav of my GEM fine w/o any error using the C2C v33, but not with the v34 or the SVN, underlines that there is a problem caused you your, maybe python, maybe dll, or some other.

For me it looks like you now look for a way aropund with wrong focus: limit the factions instead analyse why the v33 works but not the v34 and SVN and continue buildung up from v33. V33 w/o the bugs should work as fine as v33 with bugs. V34 + svn are steps in wrong direction.

btw: as long as there is no CTR-free earth map bigger than standard, for me C2C is not a subject to play with.
All your doing is worthless w/o presentating a working CTR-free map. As the fundamental sense all of doing should be to make a game playable and give success to the players, not to give success to the programmer and strggeling in details. Like a car: the public has to take it, not the enginer.

Its because GEM is NOT compatible any longer thats why. Thats why i deleted it from the SVN. We took out the extra civs, thats where all the errors are coming from and the memory stuff, so either stick with v33 or dont play GEM, its that simple., and btw, WE (c2C) modders are not responsible for the GEM map anyways, that is the mappers, and they have their own thread, thx.

Hello!
Longtime player of your mod!
Thanks for your great and huge work!
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to browse the thread, but I have question:
Is there a fix for crashing during gameplay for latest mod version?
I've downoladed some dll for one of previous version and still using it...
Thanks in advance and best of luck

Hello!
Longtime player of your mod!
Thanks for your great and huge work!
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to browse the thread, but I have question:
Is there a fix for crashing for latest mod version?
Thanks in advance and best of luck
If you're talking about the current SVN, yes. Just went in.

Um... Dunno what SVN is... Can you elaborate it for me, please?
I've encountered crash only once, but don't want it anymore...

Ah.

Well... crashes are a common problem in mods and there's constant work being done to detect and fix them. The SVN download is where we have the most updated version of the mod and almost any crash you may have encountered (from the last release as of this moment v34) would've been debugged and the debug updated to the SVN.

We keep the SVN version as a running shared up-to-date version between modders and its where we release fixes to problems found as well as any and all other updates. At times it may not be 100% stable as new ground is constantly being developed there too but usually big problems are fixed nearly as soon as they go in.

If you want to get through your crash you should either wait for the impending v35 release version (which will by default break save games anyhow) or I'd suggest updating to using the SVN version. The SVN download and instructions can be found at the beginning of the SVN thread stickied here in the main C2C forum.

Ah.

Well... crashes are a common problem in mods and there's constant work being done to detect and fix them. The SVN download is where we have the most updated version of the mod and almost any crash you may have encountered (from the last release as of this moment v34) would've been debugged and the debug updated to the SVN.

We keep the SVN version as a running shared up-to-date version between modders and its where we release fixes to problems found as well as any and all other updates. At times it may not be 100% stable as new ground is constantly being developed there too but usually big problems are fixed nearly as soon as they go in.

If you want to get through your crash you should either wait for the impending v35 release version (which will by default break save games anyhow) or I'd suggest updating to using the SVN version. The SVN download and instructions can be found at the beginning of the SVN thread stickied here in the main C2C forum.

Thanks

Hello everyone! I've been busy, real life and all, but I've recently started playing this mod again.

A few things I noticed.
One A-Bombs can be intercepted by a machine gunner.
Yeah, that's not logical at all.

Secondly, Defensive buildings that injure people are a bit broken.
They randomly destroy my units, instead of doing any damage, in fact, the only thing the log says is a unit died.

Not only does that make no sense, it makes winning a city attack basically impossible without 100 units.

I don't mind enemies from the city attacking me. That makes sense.
But random unit deaths for no reason, from full health, and just randomly dying, and it's not even logical either.
A 70 Strength APC just randomly dies, but a Heavy Cannon I haven't upgrade has no damage?

Or my random group of Great General people that died too.
Literally, this makes no sense at all here.

You can't win a battle with a city if the defenses randomly kill random troops with randomness, and I know that's a lot of random, but it's the point.

The World Wonder that randomly kills a unit that kills your unit if you build it is less broken, and it ruined Grimith's let's play.

So, either something broke somewhere in the mod, or you think the only way you can win against cities is with 100 units, and 20 of them have to be maxxed out Artillery/Siege weapons.

Also, you cannot target a city with bomb defenses with a bomber.
Because magical shield around the city?
Yeah, that makes less sense than the random dying.
A bomber is somehow stopped from dropping a bomb on a city because it's defense value is too high? I can understand if it was a blimp, but not something that caused the Firebombing of Dresden. :)

Let's not get into how my v1 missiles have 0 accuracy, and can't even do a single thing to a city tile, thanks to the defense.

And apparently, they are really drunk and keep missing this command bunker in a city.
Not only should missiles have very high accuracy, sort of, they shouldn't be countered by thin air. :)

I'm hoping my MRMB will nuke the hell out of the city so I don't have to worry about being hilariously trolled.

It's worth the hit to relations.

Anyhow, please let me know how a protracted battle can take place late game with broken defense units that kill you without even letting you know except, "Blablah died."

Also, The Bermuda Triangle just ate one of my destroyers. Curses!

Oh, you still haven't fixed the Gentleman's club being ruined by the Judge's Prostitution ban. You do know that's offensive right?
A Gentleman's Club is the nicer name of a Strip club, and no stripper is going to be appreciate a judge calling them a prostitute. :) Not to mention, any judge who tried to ban Strip Clubs would be kicked off his bench. :)
Seriously, are you trying to get an army of strippers to beat you up?
:p

I know it's more minor than the nuclear power plant requiring a toxic waste dump, when the two are completely different items, and have nothing to do with each other, and no toxic waste dump has ever caused a nuclear meltdown...

At least Atompunk takes care of the completely silly idea there. :)

I do like the Gentleman's club obsoleting Brothels. But still, two different things.

OH, good gravy, Ambulance WW1 has like +324% defense from Tiles. How do you expect anyone to win a fight against an enemy with 127 Strength when they start with 25!

That's just silly!

Let's not get into how my v1 missiles have 0 accuracy, and can't even do a single thing to a city tile, thanks to the defense.

And apparently, they are really drunk and keep missing this command bunker in a city.
Not only should missiles have very high accuracy, sort of, they shouldn't be countered by thin air.

You obviously do not realise that V1 attack locations were completly random. They had enough propellant to reach the target location (usually London) when the fuel was exausted they fell to the ground. They were not targetted at military installations, just the city.

Not used them myself yet, but they should do something - randomly destroy a building and maybe reduce food (to simulate loss of population and destroyed food depot's).

You obviously do not realise that V1 attack locations were completly random. They had enough propellant to reach the target location (usually London) when the fuel was exausted they fell to the ground. They were not targetted at military installations, just the city.

Not used them myself yet, but they should do something - randomly destroy a building and maybe reduce food (to simulate loss of population and destroyed food depot's).

Er, in this game, they're like normal missiles, which technically act as Airplanes.
I an aware they were not the best accurate missiles of all time in real life, :p, but they should be decent in this game.

They do damage to troops in the city and what not, so they're not all bad.

Still, A Machinegun user stopping an atomic bomb from being dropped is a bit silly. :)

This fight is significantly more lengthy than any fight I had in Vanilla.
Almost 16 times as long.
And that's with one city, thanks to it's defenders having broken levels of defense, and having the only way to bypass that defense is with a nuke, or a bunch of planes/ranged bombardment.

THe annoying thing is the damage done to them is healed after every turn, regardless of how damaged, so either cities need to be attacked by 100 random troops all at once, saccing 50% of them, I don't see how this fight is going to be won.

Ranged bombardment is rather wonky. And there's no way to smack the city directly and damage more than one unit. No matter what unit you use

I'll keep trying, but good gravy. I think trying to figure out 8th Dimensional Polynomials is easier, or building a 12 sized Tesseract.

Er, in this game, they're like normal missiles, which technically act as Airplanes.
I an aware they were not the best accurate missiles of all time in real life, :p, but they should be decent in this game.

They do damage to troops in the city and what not, so they're not all bad.

Still, A Machinegun user stopping an atomic bomb from being dropped is a bit silly. :)

This fight is significantly more lengthy than any fight I had in Vanilla.
Almost 16 times as long.
And that's with one city, thanks to it's defenders having broken levels of defense, and having the only way to bypass that defense is with a nuke, or a bunch of planes/ranged bombardment.

THe annoying thing is the damage done to them is healed after every turn, regardless of how damaged, so either cities need to be attacked by 100 random troops all at once, saccing 50% of them, I don't see how this fight is going to be won.

Ranged bombardment is rather wonky. And there's no way to smack the city directly and damage more than one unit. No matter what unit you use

I'll keep trying, but good gravy. I think trying to figure out 8th Dimensional Polynomials is easier, or building a 12 sized Tesseract.

You've brought up a lot of points that's for sure. Many of which I was not aware of.

Nukes can be intercepted eh? That's... kinda ******ed yes. Not sure how that was put in place or when but it sounds like something we may have inherrited (the fact that you're getting this far in the game and StrategyOnly has is actually a testament to a LOT of improvements having been made so far.)

With the statement that ranged bombardment is rather wonky - we need to know what version or revision you're at when you say that (and exactly why.)

I don't know of any buildings that kill units outright next to the city. Opportunity bombard seems a bit strong yes and maybe it would be best to have it off as a default.

Bombers can't attack the city defenses due to minimum attack levels? I know they can't attack the units IN the city until they've knocked down the defenses but not being able to bomb the defenses would thus be completely against the intention there - and it would need to be fixed (which I can do but I need a test case to see it happening in a game I can load with the debugger.)

So... yeah, many of the points you make are good ones but this is the first time in recent memory that we're getting people experiencing modern warfare and reporting back on it. So past Rennaissance is fairly beta (hell past medieval is fairly beta still.) And we recognize improvements need to be made there.

You've brought up a lot of points that's for sure. Many of which I was not aware of.

Nukes can be intercepted eh? That's... kinda ******ed yes. Not sure how that was put in place or when but it sounds like something we may have inherrited (the fact that you're getting this far in the game and StrategyOnly has is actually a testament to a LOT of improvements having been made so far.)

With the statement that ranged bombardment is rather wonky - we need to know what version or revision you're at when you say that (and exactly why.)

I don't know of any buildings that kill units outright next to the city. Opportunity bombard seems a bit strong yes and maybe it would be best to have it off as a default.

Bombers can't attack the city defenses due to minimum attack levels? I know they can't attack the units IN the city until they've knocked down the defenses but not being able to bomb the defenses would thus be completely against the intention there - and it would need to be fixed (which I can do but I need a test case to see it happening in a game I can load with the debugger.)

So... yeah, many of the points you make are good ones but this is the first time in recent memory that we're getting people experiencing modern warfare and reporting back on it. So past Rennaissance is fairly beta (hell past medieval is fairly beta still.) And we recognize improvements need to be made there.

I don't have Opportunity Bombard turned on. That was one of the first things I turned off. :) I mean, I don't know how it would cause defenses of a city to kill units, but still. No unit in the city attacked me.
Along with the surround and destroy bonus. Boobytraps should also not do 30% unit damage to a tank. :) Just saying.

So, I'm really not sure how the defense in the city can kill a 70 strength unit in a single turn, and leave other units intact.
That's about as silly as it destroying a Nanoswarm with 320 strength.

Thank you for reading my post, and not thinking I'm crazier than an insane asylum run by Cthulu. :)

As for the revision of this mod, the files in the Caveman directory are from 5/2/2014
I don't know if that's the exact date of the revision.
You'll have to point out where to find that.

Also, the bomber was a bit weird. They normally couldn't bomb city defenses, but I did get it to happen once. When the city had 380% defense.
Hilariously a nuclear bomb is not efficient at killing defenses. :lol:
I believe I dropped it from 675 to 560 or so.
Also, the city's health rose from 19 after the bombing to 26 in just 5 turns. Wat. I don't think it was more than 5 or 6. Me thinks the AI bonuses need fixing.

Also to clarify, I meant that the A-Bomb unit was blocked from dropping a nuke. I know that it was a plane, but it's nuclear bomb dropping shouldn't be blocked by a machine gunner.

Modern Machine Gunner, I should add, but even so, a dude with a machine gun designed for shooting people in front of him, isn't going to hit a plane 20,000 feet in the sky.

I do know that I wish that Grimith didn't encounter the stupid Wonder that murders units when another one dies.
Because then he could have seen some of these annoying features.

Keep in mind, all this is on Settler Difficulty. The easiest.
9 policemen, an ambulance, and a modern machinegunner shouldn't be able to hold off the combined might of 40+ units. :) And 70% of them are tanks and APCs, with a few Modern Artillery, which should totally be able to do something besides bombard defenses and kind of ranged bombard.
Oh, and Lara Croft who mops up a lot of fodder.

I'm going to stop the war though, since it's too drawn out.

Other bugs I've found...AI giving you cities in the diplomacy menu gives you cities with 8000 Production. :woohoo: and 9000 research. And 400 healthiness, and 250 happiness.

Best gift ever.

Also, my spy revealed that the capital city of Greece has 15,000 production.
Makes my legit 4000 look sad.

Don't think that's intended, but it would explain the war machine Greece had.
I know I turned Tech Diffusion on, but Greece is apparently reaching the point where even my Mastery Victory is going to get difficult, and I have 320 points, and he has like 70. I can't get a permanent alliance, so I must have done something silly and turned them off.

All things considered, I haven't encountered too many issues. I'm just mad he keeps beating me to wonders that he shouldn't be able to grab in literally 6 turns.

Oh, for Ranged bombardment being wonky, every person with it starts with like 10 or 15% accuracy, meaning you're forced to spam the bonuses to accuracy to have a chance to use it.
And currently, bombers and ranged bombardment is the only way to do any damage to units, since their defenses are way too high.

Also, I don't think the ranged bombardment damage works properly, since I apparently have +140% damage and it drops a policeman to 90% health...
I'm not sure how that works. Also, it's amusing to have the AI try to spam Ranged bombard at 15% accuracy against my nearest cities...

At least the other bugs I found were really minor, the Gentleman's club having prostitutes somehow, Toxic Waste Dump violating all the laws of physics. "Imma going to meltdown like a nuclear reactor despite not having any nuclear material that could meltdown at all ever. Also, you need to build me to build a nuclear reactor somehow, even though it's against the law to dump nuclear spent rods in a toxic waste dump." :) Thank you Atompunk though. Seriously, thanks for that.
Yes, I'm going to harp on that until the sun dies in 5 billion years. :)

I know it's minor, and it should be down at the bottom of the list to fix, just like adding in the Avatar Promotion tree and the special promotions from the Visa Modpack. :) OR you know, the special train other civ units during a golden age, and free promotions during a Golden Age. Note, I'm not entirely serious about that, but it would be awesome!
Hey, that mod dev likes me at least.

Sorry for the wall of infinite text. When I start, it's hard to stop.
I'll probably just start up a new game, more than anything, and turn Tech Diffusion off, so at least this time I can stay ahead of people. :)

I know it's minor, and it should be down at the bottom of the list to fix, just like adding in the Avatar Promotion tree and the special promotions from the Visa Modpack. :) OR you know, the special train other civ units during a golden age, and free promotions during a Golden Age. Note, I'm not entirely serious about that, but it would be awesome!

I have been thinking that Golden Ages need need some boosting. Perhaps one per GP needed. Something like the reverse of the Dark Ages Platyping did. perhaps
  • during GA unit need fewer exp to level up (at all levels)
  • special units/promotions available

Well, got the art_def_unit_native_warlord_medieval missing error, seems can't do anything about it without downloading SVN version?
SVN download speed is so slow...
Is it possible to merge the SVN repository with my v35 of the mod?
Thanks in advance

I have been thinking that Golden Ages need need some boosting. Perhaps one per GP needed. Something like the reverse of the Dark Ages Platyping did. perhaps

That would be really nice to see!

Well, got the art_def_unit_native_warlord_medieval missing error, seems can't do anything about it without downloading SVN version?
SVN download speed is so slow...
Is it possible to merge the SVN repository with my v35 of the mod?
Thanks in advance

NO, each one is a completely different entity. No merging, no overriding, nothing.
But they should be compatible, so you "should" be able to use your savedgame, again, "should."

NO, each one is a completely different entity. No merging, no overriding, nothing.
But they should be compatible, so you "should" be able to use your savedgame, again, "should."

Yup, used my save almost fine, some civs got replaced, otherwise fine for now, thanks

Yup, used my save almost fine, some civs got replaced, otherwise fine for now, thanks

Well if some civs were replaced, the previous version was using some custom civs. They have been removed for memory reasons. The game engine automatically replaces them if using existing saves. :)

I don't have Opportunity Bombard turned on. That was one of the first things I turned off. :)
Ok, helpful to know that in correlation to what you've mentioned.

I mean, I don't know how it would cause defenses of a city to kill units, but still. No unit in the city attacked me.
Ok, right. Well... it wouldn't. There are those trap and tower buildings which have not had a great deal of balancing to modern and beyond warfare but then again, they can be completely avoided given they can't hit anything but adjacent units and distances and speeds are greatly enhanced by this point. Enough air power can prepare a city to fall with relative ease without ever having to put your troops in a tenuous position next to a city for a round. We're talking modern warfare here. If you don't achieve strong air superiority in a theater of war you're pretty well f***ed. But you CAN overcome that deficit with a LOT of interception and siege units alone. It's just very important not to treat modern warfare like the siege warfare of the middle ages - you cannot get away with camping out next to a city over the round. You come in with shock and awe or you go home.

Along with the surround and destroy bonus.
Not sure what you're trying to say about S&D here but you had a thought and I'd like to hear more about it.

Boobytraps should also not do 30% unit damage to a tank. :) Just saying.
There was some work taking place to deepen this stuff and make it more reasonable. It's been hijacked by many other tasks of equal importance. You're quite right those defensive buildings do need some more 'thought' applied to them to make them more reasonable. That said, there are some traps that could/should stop tanks in their tracks pretty well too though. So at the moment things like this are reflecting more than what they say because they're filling gaps in design elsewhere. Honestly... modern era has only begun to be reached by more than a small handful of players and many of the key modders haven't even played that far yet either so haven't been able to get the feel for things you've been. I'm sure I'd point out quite a bit myself if I ever get there in one of MY games too.

So, I'm really not sure how the defense in the city can kill a 70 strength unit in a single turn, and leave other units intact.
HP is always a base 100 (Size Matters changes this basic game fact but if you're NOT playing Size Matters this will always be true.) If the defensive building tags are not further developed, they will continue to do flat HP damage irregardless of the strengths of the units they hit. And whether a 7000 strength unit or a 7 strength unit takes 100 hp of damage, both would die indiscriminately if the damage was not somehow ratioed out to the strength itself. I've long wanted to deepen the trap line tags a great deal because I know of this problem. Just one of the very very very many things I want to address at some point. Perhaps it's nearing time to really work that over since it's becoming the topic of the day at this point.

As for the revision of this mod, the files in the Caveman directory are from 5/2/2014
I don't know if that's the exact date of the revision.
You'll have to point out where to find that.
You really must have downloaded an SVN version to have some of the adjustments from this cycle in play already. But all you have to do to get a complete update is update your caveman2cosmos file with the tortoise update command (right click on the file and you'll see it.)

This is why I asked... I had a feeling the 'wonkyness' of Ranged Assault might've had to do with not experiencing it after recent fixes and adjustments. It should be much more solid now. The only thing at this point I'm thinking is that I need to pull back on the damage limit tags a bit or it can easily become too easy to use with a massive force to completely take out opposition without even entering battle. (Though doing this is strategically not a good idea because it kills all of what COULD be your hard earned captives!) I don't want it to be an overwhelmingly valid approach to warfare but rather a great supplemental strategy.

Also, the bomber was a bit weird. They normally couldn't bomb city defenses, but I did get it to happen once. When the city had 380% defense.
Hilariously a nuclear bomb is not efficient at killing defenses. :lol:
I believe I dropped it from 675 to 560 or so.
hmm... I'm really going to have to investigate how this is working I think. You aren't the first to comment that strengths of nukes aren't very well aligned so I may just have to go in and really world builder test out how they play out as well. Now that more and more are reaching the modern era it may be time to start considering this.

Also, the city's health rose from 19 after the bombing to 26 in just 5 turns. Wat. I don't think it was more than 5 or 6. Me thinks the AI bonuses need fixing.
Not sure which AI bonuses you're talking about here... But a city's defense recovery is and has always been a matter of recovering a percentage of it's maximum defense when enough rounds have passed to experience a recovery (I think it's every other round.) Again, something else I've been wanting to manipulate significantly for a long LONG time. I WANT to give cities an opportunity to set themselves to BUILD defensive recovery as well as adjust how it works in general. I'm closer to being qualified to do that now than ever but AI city build evaluations are having some trouble in similar areas as it is so are already requiring a complete audit to figure out where they're making their stupidest mistakes and why. So that would certainly take a priority because I don't want to introduce something that might enhance the AI building selection woes any further at the moment.

Also to clarify, I meant that the A-Bomb unit was blocked from dropping a nuke. I know that it was a plane, but it's nuclear bomb dropping shouldn't be blocked by a machine gunner.

Modern Machine Gunner, I should add, but even so, a dude with a machine gun designed for shooting people in front of him, isn't going to hit a plane 20,000 feet in the sky.
AH, you're talking about the A-Bomb unit, the atom BOMBER. Gotcha. Well... if we have it possible for machine guns to intercept stealth bombers than it's no worse than that. I've often questioned whether machine gunners should have interception abilities... but I've not reached that far into air combat yet as I still have a lot of work to do on the earlier eras of combat before I'd feel very ready to rethink so much of this late game side of combat.

I do know that I wish that Grimith didn't encounter the stupid Wonder that murders units when another one dies.
Yeah, heard about that one. Don't know which wonder it is but it's sounding more and more like a good candidate for flat out removal from the game due to ... well... unfairness really. I think some modder that put this in was probably thinking how cool it would be to possess the wonder and not thinking enough of how a player would feel when his prize units become an indiscriminate victim of its effect.

Anyone have any idea what wonder this is? It should at LEAST be modularized and turned off by default so that players that want it can have it in the game but we aren't irritating those who aren't prepared to deal with it's quirks.

Keep in mind, all this is on Settler Difficulty. The easiest.
9 policemen, an ambulance, and a modern machinegunner shouldn't be able to hold off the combined might of 40+ units. :) And 70% of them are tanks and APCs, with a few Modern Artillery, which should totally be able to do something besides bombard defenses and kind of ranged bombard.
I'm not sure how they could've stood against that force to be honest. What was the main problem? Not being able to get the defenses down far enough to attack? A few Artillery units is probably not enough, particularly if going it on a shoestring with air support. Now... if only the AI can be shown to have truly grasped this message - I've been trying hard to get them to build MORE SIEGE!!! I'm finally seeing them build some but though I'm setting the evaluation values on siege units to ******edly high levels they still seem to not value them quite enough. We'll see as I get further into things in play experiences I suppose.

I'm going to stop the war though, since it's too drawn out.
Well... do understand it IS the intention to make invasions very VERY difficult because otherwise we can't reach later eras because the player's already pretty much won by then.

Other bugs I've found...AI giving you cities in the diplomacy menu gives you cities with 8000 Production. :woohoo: and 9000 research. And 400 healthiness, and 250 happiness.
Oh wow... I've not heard of this one before and I'm really disturbed by this one because I don't know anything about the trade stuff. I'd really have to get a save where one can just go in and make such a deal to have a shot at figuring out how THIS happens.

Also, my spy revealed that the capital city of Greece has 15,000 production.
Makes my legit 4000 look sad.
Hard to say just from hearing this if there's any possible good (albeit perhaps unintentional) reasons for this like out of whack wonders or events or something. Or maybe his capital was traded back to him from someone after a war given what you said just above this comment... Point being it's impossible to even research just hearing about it but it does help to know the problem lurks somewhere here.

Oh, for Ranged bombardment being wonky, every person with it starts with like 10 or 15% accuracy, meaning you're forced to spam the bonuses to accuracy to have a chance to use it.
Yeah there was a bug that's been fixed in the unit accuracy settings since your fileset.

And currently, bombers and ranged bombardment is the only way to do any damage to units, since their defenses are way too high.
(Or simply having enough siege weapons/air power to really take down the defenses to the point that you CAN then do more.)

Also, I don't think the ranged bombardment damage works properly, since I apparently have +140% damage and it drops a policeman to 90% health...
I'm not sure how that works. Also, it's amusing to have the AI try to spam Ranged bombard at 15% accuracy against my nearest cities...
Ranged Assault damage is hard to determine for a player but so you can understand, the % damage is really the % of damage that the unit would deal to the defender in a normal round of combat if the unit hit the defender at their current strengths. That then becomes a value that's extrapolated out to the rest of the units hit by the ranged assault much like collateral (it actually uses a calculation very similar - almost identical really - to collateral. It in fact used to BE the unit's collateral damage and this was the very problem that led to a major rework (not all units that we wanted to be able to ranged assault even had any collateral damage ability so were doing nothing when they 'hit' with the ranged bombard!)).

At least the other bugs I found were really minor, the Gentleman's club having prostitutes somehow, Toxic Waste Dump violating all the laws of physics. "Imma going to meltdown like a nuclear reactor despite not having any nuclear material that could meltdown at all ever. Also, you need to build me to build a nuclear reactor somehow, even though it's against the law to dump nuclear spent rods in a toxic waste dump." :) Thank you Atompunk though. Seriously, thanks for that.
Yes, I'm going to harp on that until the sun dies in 5 billion years. :)
Hydro judgement calls I believe. He explained once that the meltdown effect was being used to simulate a number of various 'disaster scenarios' not all of which are necessarily to do with nuclear meltdown really.

Obviously, the bug fixes and major needs to rebalance and thus deepen the ability of current game effects to more accurately reflect their intentions are much higher on the list than importing any concepts from other mods, no matter how valuable those ideas may be.

Sorry for the wall of infinite text. When I start, it's hard to stop.
I'll probably just start up a new game, more than anything, and turn Tech Diffusion off, so at least this time I can stay ahead of people. :)
I'm liking to turn it off so that I have a harder time keeping up with them. But then... I'm testing a deity level game to see if it's really as easy as I keep hearing it is. So far they do have a significant lead (and I'm loving it! FINALLY a challenging game! But from what I hear they'll hit the Classical era and start to lag and I'll be able to catch up a little too easily then. I'd like to see why that happens... I've got a hunch.)

Yes, some interesting ideas. I'd planned on having a very Golden Age centric trait too... I've developed a number of tags that have never been used just for this purpose. I'd love to get back in and work up my traits one of these days. It's only been what, 2.5 years since I started in on that and still haven't finished the project.

BTW, I did take all those purple promos out of the main selectable pool of earnable promos so we could now figure out how we want to make them specially enableable, such as from a building a GG builds or something along those lines. Something to come back around to after the major freakout bugs are dealt with here so it'll be a while before I take another look into the matter.

Top Bottom