Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi there:
well, first of all congratulations for this AWESOME mode :D
I'm having some troubles, so if you can help that would be great
1. when i was going to make the clockpunk resource "i don't know how to name it" I couldn't do it, it supposed that you only need sulphur in the city vecinity, but for some reason the option didn´t appear.
2. when I discovered colonialism, i was going to make a colonist, but only show me the option to make a settler and, i don´t know why :cry:
3. my game is crashing and i cant play anymore, so i´ll upload my save file so you can check it (if you want ) :p

Attachments

• seguir.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
2. The colonist and pioneer have been switched off because they never worked for any one but the human player. The code was changed so that the settler now gives the buildings you would get at those techs.

2. The colonist and pioneer have been switched off because they never worked for any one but the human player. The code was changed so that the settler now gives the buildings you would get at those techs.

:O so, that´s maybe why my game is crashing? LoL it turrns that I cheated a little the game to make a few colonist with the world builder :blush: :confused:

:O so, that´s maybe why my game is crashing? LoL it turrns that I cheated a little the game to make a few colonist with the world builder :blush: :confused:

It should not crash as the units themselves have not changed, just the python and it ignores the unit when giving buildings to new cities.

So, Playing that newer game as the Americans, build the Empire State Building, and upon completing it, got an error message and no 3 bonus resources. I am very sad. :(

Other bug, Uranium Mines are kind of problematic.
Sometimes they let you build them in cities with Uranium in the vicinity, other times they don't.
Really annoying.

In the Uranium on a Mountain in the cities in question? I noticed this in the last game I played?

I haven't played C2C in a while, and recently upgraded my computer, so I decided to give one of the larger maps a shot.
I am playing a game on the second to largest map with graphics on High and screen resolution 1920x1080. The game frequently crashes to the desktop, most of the time it says something like this program has requested termination in an unusual way. Once I got an error saying it ran out of VRAM, and once no error occurred. After the VRAM error I realized I hadn't installed my graphics card's drivers, but even after doing that the game crashed within 10 turns with no error. My computer has a 4th generation i5, 16 GB of RAM, and GeForce GTX 770 with 4 GB of VRAM. I would think those specs would be able to easily handle a game like civilization, even with the bigger map and more content of C2C. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the crash to desktops?

so I decided to give one of the larger maps a shot.
I am playing a game on the second to largest map with graphics on High and screen resolution 1920x1080. The game frequently crashes to the desktop?

If you read the posts on this forum - larger maps are no longer supported - sorry. Due to the greater amount of content added.

It should not crash as the units themselves have not changed, just the python and it ignores the unit when giving buildings to new cities.
Is that why we can upgrade to colonists but not build them?

I haven't played C2C in a while, and recently upgraded my computer, so I decided to give one of the larger maps a shot.
I am playing a game on the second to largest map with graphics on High and screen resolution 1920x1080. The game frequently crashes to the desktop, most of the time it says something like this program has requested termination in an unusual way. Once I got an error saying it ran out of VRAM, and once no error occurred. After the VRAM error I realized I hadn't installed my graphics card's drivers, but even after doing that the game crashed within 10 turns with no error. My computer has a 4th generation i5, 16 GB of RAM, and GeForce GTX 770 with 4 GB of VRAM. I would think those specs would be able to easily handle a game like civilization, even with the bigger map and more content of C2C. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the crash to desktops?
Hmm... not sure but there may be some settings in the graphic memory management on your system that may help. It sounds to me like a system that should be able to handle the game easily. Others may know more about these matters.

If you read the posts on this forum - larger maps are no longer supported - sorry. Due to the greater amount of content added.

It looks like you're right. I started a new game on Giant and there haven't been any crash to desktops.

Hi there lads, newcomer here.

Anyone got missing meshes of barley, weat (and other few) and potato resources?

got versions, clean instalation, basicly everything up and ready to play

I can live with giant maps only. But I like my epic sized games.

Dont let the playable maps fall below giant. Playing C2C on small maps just seems a huge step backwards.

I dont know were you guys are at with the multi maps?

It probably wont happen:blush:

Disagree. Will just take time. I keep running across K's coding to see what he's done and while there's now a few problem spots with viewports I think they can be fixed once better understood.

With viewports I believe we aren't far off. I also, a while back did the more rivers and more resources options and when I saw how maps are formed and that map scripts are really more ways to add further definition I realized it really all can be done, and not too terribly difficult at that, in the dll to generate the additional maps. Wouldn't be very good at leaving room for any scripting myself but my point is... the understanding needed to achieve this mod is growing as we go and I see it coming together 'ventually. Just not overnight or over the course of the next many releases.

there's now a few problem spots with viewports I think they can be fixed once better understood.

With viewports I believe we aren't far off.

Thats why i wish Koshling would come back, to straight up the stuff he put here in C2C:p:)

Hello! I discovered this mod a few days ago and have spent a lot of hours being absolutely thrilled with it. So far it's shaping up to be my best Civ IV experience ever! Except I've run into some kind of game-breaking bug.

In mid-play I suddenly found the camera zoomed in to an extreme, where a single unit covered the whole screen. When I attempted to zoom out using the mouse wheel or the globe view button, the image changed to a ridiculously pixellated version of the map in which hardly anything could be discerned from another and no units were visible. Trying to fiddle with the options menus either resulted in no change or a CTD. So I reloaded my save which was only a few turns back, but it was the same.

My only other clue is that this happened right after my hand carelessly clicked more than one of my mouse buttons at roughly the same time. Not sure if that could change a setting or something by itself, but it's the only possible clue.

I've attached some images of the effect. If anyone knows how I might fix this, I'd really appreciate it! This game was going so well...:king:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 171
Hello! I discovered this mod a few days ago and have spent a lot of hours being absolutely thrilled with it. So far it's shaping up to be my best Civ IV experience ever! Except I've run into some kind of game-breaking bug.

In mid-play I suddenly found the camera zoomed in to an extreme, where a single unit covered the whole screen. When I attempted to zoom out using the mouse wheel or the globe view button, the image changed to a ridiculously pixellated version of the map in which hardly anything could be discerned from another and no units were visible. Trying to fiddle with the options menus either resulted in no change or a CTD. So I reloaded my save which was only a few turns back, but it was the same.

My only other clue is that this happened right after my hand carelessly clicked more than one of my mouse buttons at roughly the same time. Not sure if that could change a setting or something by itself, but it's the only possible clue.

I've attached some images of the effect. If anyone knows how I might fix this, I'd really appreciate it! This game was going so well...:king:

See that Field of view slider at the top right corner?
It's at One, it's default at 42. Just move it to 42.

Hey, I've been enjoying this game immensely after downloading it recently but have come into a fairly game breaking bug.

I downloaded this game about a week ago and believe that the install went smoothly, I didn't notice any problems during the install or when I first started playing(aside from long load times which are to be expected). This problem started after I recently reached the classical era in my first game.

The game CTD after an error about some art, I think when I ended my turn. After reloading the last save and all I got the art errors again, clicked ok through them, and then went back into the game to find the tech screen pop up completely blank with only the background and "Ritualism" to the far right as the only tech visible. The tech screen was completely unusable and just that solid image. I escaped out of the screen and saw my save game with no interface. Alt tab out and in and I have it back but tech screen remains messed up. I wait a few turns, save game, reload and have the same errors although the interface doesn't disappear anymore.

The exact error screens just says "Error!" in the top right and "ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_WARLORD_MEDIEVAL' was not found" in one box and then "ArtInfo: 'Error' was not found" in the other box.

If you can't think of what my problem is, could anyone just try my savegame for a couple turns and say if it works, that way I'll just reinstall everything and keep the savegame. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps or reads!

Also, I'm playing Comanche, using windows 7, and have civ 4 complete installed from a disc. If you need any logs or screenshots, tell me how to save and upload them, never fiddled with them myself. Also the game isn't really "broken" as it is very handicapping that I can't use the tech tree at all to plan my research, everything else seems to work fine in game.

TL;DR: Test and Tell me if my save game works properly. Thanks!

View attachment Game 3.CivBeyondSwordSave

Top Bottom