1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

While I like Rwn's Dangerous Animals I'm not advocating their inclusion into the Main. I was batting the idea around of combining my 2 modmods with his as a New Modmod to reduce the leg work needed to add all 3 into a game.

And just curious here, have you tried a game with DA modmod?

JosEPh

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I did an early version but have not had time since.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The sum total income from a farm in food or a mine in production is more than a village in commerce. Sure the playstyles may differ and that's good. But if we don't balance those out some, the town/villages then the player with the playstyle to use them is getting the shaft. And not the shaft mine.

They're also not an immediate build-to-best situation like farms and mines and they are the most attractive targets for pillagers. I'm thinking they may deserve to be, at their best, better than farms and mines in pulling what they are intended to pull in.

4. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

it really is a case of picking up some hardcore % multipliers for food early and keeping them all game, with %hammers following that to build all those multipliers, you need more production.:crazyeye:

Combine that with the population tier structure being 6 and 13 and then whatever you need for going 3 tiles out (oh my, all those %culture buildings!). Getting to population 6 is mandatory for basic functionality past metalworking but getting to that 13 population can at stages be all a town can do to really be an asset and not just a stick in the mud.

Keep in mind with all those % buildings that keeping as high a base returns the most bang for the buck; it really is a vicious cycle of addictive feedback. Poor commerce just sits there and gets confused with 'gold' almost always. :blush:

Just like the real world, settle the coasts and follow the rivers inland, leaving the rest of the land for later.

---

I would love a bit more in depth monetary screen, one that does not overflow out of the window and really breaks down where the resources are really coming from in a collapsing tree. Not to mention a view trade route window that does not run out of bounds before getting past food :p

That context window mentioning commerce is nice though!

Oh and is it just me or is the default corporation window impossible to use at a glance like the well made religion window is? I have to use the domestic advisor's corporation column.

Cheers!
    -Liq

5. banut

banut Chieftain

Hello,is there a way to download older versions?

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thru the SVN. See 1st post in SVN thread on how to set up SVN.

JosEPh

7. Civmatrix

Civmatrix Warlord

Something on your recent svn updates causes my game to freeze when I end turn. I havent played in a few months. I was working fine on a earlier version. But I updated last night and now even new games hang. I cant even get out of the first round.

8. dexter_inside

dexter_inside Warlord

Same here, I had to revert to v8603 to continue. The new dll that Thunderbird built for v8606 is hanging my game.

9. Jeystone

Jeystone Chieftain

Having Played Civ since version one and Civ 4 BTS since it came out and C2C since forever, Is there a C2C for OS X Please?

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

As far as I know no mod that uses a custom dll will work on Apple Mac/OS X/whatever. There is a thread here or in RoM/AND that describes how to set up an emulator (I think) so you can run such mods. See here

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

True. Which is another great reason to ban Apple computers from the market.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It was not Apple that decided that custom dlls were not useable in BtS but the people who ported it to Apple.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's the general incompatibility of Apple with a number of things. From what I can tell its the compiler that can't make it work with Apple. So anything programmed and compiled this way can't.

14. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

Apple lost me at one button mice. It's been years since I looked at their computers though so maybe they grew and added a context menu that is not off by default and doesn't involve their effing command key. :mischief:

Cheers!
    -Liq

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

17. Civmatrix

Civmatrix Warlord

I played the last main revision V35 (not the Svn because of the latest hangup) and I somehow got 90 000 000 gold with Egypt randomly later in s game that was in prehistoric times. It was an odd bug. I wasnt a custom games or anything either.

Plus I went to get the svn to see if it had been updated and I could not connect. Did the URL change?

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There are problems connecting to the SVN. It is not working at the moment. Not our bit, the repository.

19. Civmatrix

Civmatrix Warlord

ok thanks. Ill just go back to v35 for now then.

20. testerke

testerke Chieftain

Hi,

I have only 1 question;

Is this mod using the "Better AI" mod?

Thank you