Caveman 2 Cosmos

it really is a case of picking up some hardcore % multipliers for food early and keeping them all game, with %hammers following that to build all those multipliers, you need more production.:crazyeye:

Combine that with the population tier structure being 6 and 13 and then whatever you need for going 3 tiles out (oh my, all those %culture buildings!). Getting to population 6 is mandatory for basic functionality past metalworking but getting to that 13 population can at stages be all a town can do to really be an asset and not just a stick in the mud.

Keep in mind with all those % buildings that keeping as high a base returns the most bang for the buck; it really is a vicious cycle of addictive feedback. Poor commerce just sits there and gets confused with 'gold' almost always. :blush:

Just like the real world, settle the coasts and follow the rivers inland, leaving the rest of the land for later.

---

I would love a bit more in depth monetary screen, one that does not overflow out of the window and really breaks down where the resources are really coming from in a collapsing tree. Not to mention a view trade route window that does not run out of bounds before getting past food :p

That context window mentioning commerce is nice though!

Oh and is it just me or is the default corporation window impossible to use at a glance like the well made religion window is? I have to use the domestic advisor's corporation column.

Cheers!
-Liq

Hello,is there a way to download older versions?

Thru the SVN. See 1st post in SVN thread on how to set up SVN.

JosEPh

Something on your recent svn updates causes my game to freeze when I end turn. I havent played in a few months. I was working fine on a earlier version. But I updated last night and now even new games hang. I cant even get out of the first round.

Something on your recent svn updates causes my game to freeze when I end turn. I havent played in a few months. I was working fine on a earlier version. But I updated last night and now even new games hang. I cant even get out of the first round.

Same here, I had to revert to v8603 to continue. The new dll that Thunderbird built for v8606 is hanging my game.

Having Played Civ since version one and Civ 4 BTS since it came out and C2C since forever, Is there a C2C for OS X Please?

Having Played Civ since version one and Civ 4 BTS since it came out and C2C since forever, Is there a C2C for OS X Please?

As far as I know no mod that uses a custom dll will work on Apple Mac/OS X/whatever. There is a thread here or in RoM/AND that describes how to set up an emulator (I think) so you can run such mods. See here

As far as I know no mod that uses a custom dll will work on Apple Mac/OS X/whatever. There is a thread here or in RoM/AND that describes how to set up an emulator (I think) so you can run such mods. See here

True. Which is another great reason to ban Apple computers from the market.

It was not Apple that decided that custom dlls were not useable in BtS but the people who ported it to Apple.

It's the general incompatibility of Apple with a number of things. From what I can tell its the compiler that can't make it work with Apple. So anything programmed and compiled this way can't.

Apple lost me at one button mice. It's been years since I looked at their computers though so maybe they grew and added a context menu that is not off by default and doesn't involve their effing command key. :mischief:

Cheers!
-Liq

I played the last main revision V35 (not the Svn because of the latest hangup) and I somehow got 90 000 000 gold with Egypt randomly later in s game that was in prehistoric times. It was an odd bug. I wasnt a custom games or anything either.

Plus I went to get the svn to see if it had been updated and I could not connect. Did the URL change?

@TB or Alberts

Koshling made changes to the CALLBACK system improving its speed and changing how it is defined in the XML.

I tried to use Platyping's World Tech mod but it uses the USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK which causes a CTD in C2C. An error is displayed but it all crashes before I can see the text in the box.

Is there a replacement for USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK? What is it called and what do I have to pass to it?

edit The only example I have to go on is the Animal Placing one which has
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_CAN_BUILD_CALLBACK_GRANULAR</DefineName>
		<DefineTextVal>BUILD_BONUS_DONKEY,BUILD_BONUS_HORSE,BUILD_BONUS_IVORY,BUILD_BONUS_BISON,BUILD_BONUS_CAMEL,BUILD_BONUS_COW,BUILD_BONUS_DEER,BUILD_BONUS_FUR,BUILD_BONUS_KANGAROO,BUILD_BONUS_LLAMA,BUILD_BONUS_MAMMOTH,BUILD_BONUS_PIG,BUILD_BONUS_POULTRY,BUILD_BONUS_RABBIT,BUILD_BONUS_SEA_LIONS,BUILD_BONUS_SHEEP,BUILD_BONUS_WALRUS,BUILD_BONUS_BARLEY,BUILD_BONUS_CORN,BUILD_BONUS_FLAX,BUILD_BONUS_MELON,BUILD_BONUS_POTATO,BUILD_BONUS_PUMPKIN,BUILD_BONUS_RICE,BUILD_BONUS_SQUASH,BUILD_BONUS_WHEAT,BUILD_BONUS_ALMONDS,BUILD_BONUS_APPLE,BUILD_BONUS_BANANA,BUILD_BONUS_COCONUT,BUILD_BONUS_DATES,BUILD_BONUS_FIG,BUILD_BONUS_LEMON,BUILD_BONUS_MANGO,BUILD_BONUS_OLIVES,BUILD_BONUS_PAPAYA,BUILD_BONUS_PISTACHIO,BUILD_BONUS_WINE,BUILD_BONUS_HENNA,BUILD_BONUS_INDIGO,BUILD_BONUS_RUBBER,BUILD_BONUS_TIMBER,BUILD_BONUS_CANNABIS,BUILD_BONUS_COCA,BUILD_BONUS_COCOA,BUILD_BONUS_COFFEE,BUILD_BONUS_COTTON,BUILD_BONUS_INCENSE,BUILD_BONUS_MUSHROOMS,BUILD_BONUS_OPIUM,BUILD_BONUS_PAPYRUS,BUILD_BONUS_PEYOTE,BUILD_BONUS_PRICKLY_PEAR,BUILD_BONUS_RESIN,BUILD_BONUS_SILK,BUILD_BONUS_SPICES,BUILD_BONUS_SUGAR,BUILD_BONUS_TEA,BUILD_BONUS_TOBACCO,BUILD_BONUS_VANILLA</DefineTextVal>
	</Define>

My guess for my need would be
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK_GRANULAR</DefineName>
		<DefineTextVal>TECH_DRUIDISM, ...</DefineTextVal>
	</Define>

@TB or Alberts

Koshling made changes to the CALLBACK system improving its speed and changing how it is defined in the XML.

I tried to use Platyping's World Tech mod but it uses the USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK which causes a CTD in C2C. An error is displayed but it all crashes before I can see the text in the box.

Is there a replacement for USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK? What is it called and what do I have to pass to it?

edit The only example I have to go on is the Animal Placing one which has
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_CAN_BUILD_CALLBACK_GRANULAR</DefineName>
		<DefineTextVal>BUILD_BONUS_DONKEY,BUILD_BONUS_HORSE,BUILD_BONUS_IVORY,BUILD_BONUS_BISON,BUILD_BONUS_CAMEL,BUILD_BONUS_COW,BUILD_BONUS_DEER,BUILD_BONUS_FUR,BUILD_BONUS_KANGAROO,BUILD_BONUS_LLAMA,BUILD_BONUS_MAMMOTH,BUILD_BONUS_PIG,BUILD_BONUS_POULTRY,BUILD_BONUS_RABBIT,BUILD_BONUS_SEA_LIONS,BUILD_BONUS_SHEEP,BUILD_BONUS_WALRUS,BUILD_BONUS_BARLEY,BUILD_BONUS_CORN,BUILD_BONUS_FLAX,BUILD_BONUS_MELON,BUILD_BONUS_POTATO,BUILD_BONUS_PUMPKIN,BUILD_BONUS_RICE,BUILD_BONUS_SQUASH,BUILD_BONUS_WHEAT,BUILD_BONUS_ALMONDS,BUILD_BONUS_APPLE,BUILD_BONUS_BANANA,BUILD_BONUS_COCONUT,BUILD_BONUS_DATES,BUILD_BONUS_FIG,BUILD_BONUS_LEMON,BUILD_BONUS_MANGO,BUILD_BONUS_OLIVES,BUILD_BONUS_PAPAYA,BUILD_BONUS_PISTACHIO,BUILD_BONUS_WINE,BUILD_BONUS_HENNA,BUILD_BONUS_INDIGO,BUILD_BONUS_RUBBER,BUILD_BONUS_TIMBER,BUILD_BONUS_CANNABIS,BUILD_BONUS_COCA,BUILD_BONUS_COCOA,BUILD_BONUS_COFFEE,BUILD_BONUS_COTTON,BUILD_BONUS_INCENSE,BUILD_BONUS_MUSHROOMS,BUILD_BONUS_OPIUM,BUILD_BONUS_PAPYRUS,BUILD_BONUS_PEYOTE,BUILD_BONUS_PRICKLY_PEAR,BUILD_BONUS_RESIN,BUILD_BONUS_SILK,BUILD_BONUS_SPICES,BUILD_BONUS_SUGAR,BUILD_BONUS_TEA,BUILD_BONUS_TOBACCO,BUILD_BONUS_VANILLA</DefineTextVal>
	</Define>

My guess for my need would be
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_CANNOT_RESEARCH_CALLBACK_GRANULAR</DefineName>
		<DefineTextVal>TECH_DRUIDISM, ...</DefineTextVal>
	</Define>
I'm not too hot on working through that sort of issue. Have you pm'd Koshling that question? If he needs to guide one of us to resolve it I would be listening and willing to help.

Top Bottom