1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. tmv

tmv Emperor

"Export versioned items" is what you want.

2. princeofarfon

princeofarfon Chieftain

Thanks. 9098 had the same effects on the save, and it looks like there are hundreds of versions in 2014 alone. Too many to try one-by-one! Fortunately I realized that the backup I did of my system about a month ago did indeed backup the old version of C2C that my save originated on, so I was able to restore it. It still has an issue with the messages in the top center of the screen getting clogged with BUG errors (something about failing to write to the .ini), but everything else seems to work as it did before. Once I finish this game, I'll move on to the latest version of C2C.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Those errors are fixed if you run as administrator. The game can't write to the INI and some log files without it. The INI files contain your preferences.

4. princeofarfon

princeofarfon Chieftain

Aaaaaand that would be it, thanks! Messages as normal now. This save is seriously my favorite game of Civ IV I've ever played, and a close candidate for my favorite game of any Civ. I know it's still got a long ways to go even though I'm entering WWII-era, but I'm not even sad. And when it's done...a new campaign with the latest C2C! Gonna be fun.

5. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

I've looked through some of the older posts for explanations on how to update SVN, but I'm still unsure of how to do the updates properly. I'm essentially exporting it fresh every-time to a new folder which I then rename c2c.

The SVN program itself has changed quite a bit as have the function names so sometimes I'm unsure of how to follow the step-by-step guides. Any of you guys have any guidance for me?

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Just move your svn folder into the mods folder and play directly from it there. No need for regular users to mess around with exporting.

The folder needs to be named Caveman2Cosmos.

7. tmv

tmv Emperor

If you do that, you better hope that there will be no commit that introduces interesting bugs or destroys savegame compatibility.

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It is easy to revert to an older svn revision. Right click SVN (you may need to press shift or alt) folder - TortoiseSVN - update to. Write the revision number you want and click ok.

9. tmv

tmv Emperor

Yes, I know that. It's just more of a hassle when you have these problems. And if you have a weak internet connection you might want to update your SVN repository regularly and only export when you actually want to use the version.

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@armenia4ever : Well if you for some reason have to update the SVN often and like to play on an old revision for longer periods of time, then it is very easy procedure to do an export.

When it is time to export a new version:
    1. Delete all folders except for your user settings folder in your Caveman2Cosmos folder located in "BTS_Path\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos.
      • The C2C mod folder name must be exactly Caveman2Cosmos or else you will get problems.
    2. Before you leave the now almost empty folder copy the path from the window address bar.
    3. Right click your updated SVN folder and choose SVN export... In the window that appear, paste in the address in the address bar, and click enter. none of the checkboxes needs to be checked.
    4. It will ask if you want to overwrite a couple of files in the UserSetting folder that you didn't delete earlier.... choose to overwrite them all or not at all. Some options will return to their default values if you overwrite.

Stimpified likes this.
  11. fegeleinmarsch

fegeleinmarsch Chieftain

When is the next version coming out?

BUDDHAALIEN likes this.
  12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It'll still be a while. There are too many identified issues to feel good releasing another version yet.

13. BUDDHAALIEN

BUDDHAALIEN Chieftain

I hope it will be finally a from caveman to cosmos game, not a from caveman to raveman game what it is right now. But I can´t still await the v38 version ,too ! It would be for me disappoint when i can´t still settle the space in v38 so i wait a little longer till this is fixed. I hoped this would be possible in v37. Is there a release date for v38 ?

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You will be able to but full multimaps implementation is nowhere near design implementation yet. @pepper2000, @Faustmouse , and map makers have come together to provide a way to get 'off planet' on some select predesigned maps.

15. BUDDHAALIEN

BUDDHAALIEN Chieftain

Will there be a earth map in v38 with a moon- or marsmap ? That would be cool. I don´t really like randommaps.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You should take a look at the maps section in the forum. There's a few maps with the moon and so much more.

17. Kell Red

Kell Red Chieftain

I thought all maps had other planets. Is it only certain maps then? Which maps allow you to have space colonies?

Also for the several past versions of the SVN I had a problem of neanderthal not spawning. I thought it could had just been back luck but I started a new game on v37 and saw a bunch of neanderthals early on.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

1) you'll have to look in the maps and scenarios section of the forum where the map makers post their designs.

2) Neander spawns were messed up for a bit there yeah.

19. R-TS-X

R-TS-X Chieftain

Hi!

Have no idea where I should ask it, so I do it here.

Is there any way to disable far future eras, like in AND mod?

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not really. Not unless you can mod it out for yourself.