Caveman 2 Cosmos

I deleted the source folder... Oh I selected "Omit Externals" for the SVN export... nothing else.

Did you use LZMA or LZMA2 compression method?

Edit: {
If you right click the zip and select properties you'll see a different size than what windows explorer says.

I tried again, this time I didn't delete source folder and I didn't select the "omit externals" (don't know if that does anything to be honest.).
in windows file explorer it said 705 MB.
In properties it said "Size On Disk: 688 MB"
}
I'm not sure which I used now but I COULD try it again in a few hours, which I may have to do to complete this anyhow. Sorry for the delay y'all but RL calls during the middle of all this... ack!

I'm not sure which I used now but I COULD try it again in a few hours, which I may have to do to complete this anyhow. Sorry for the delay y'all but RL calls during the middle of all this... ack!
LZMA is a lot slower than LZMA2 but can give better compression.
I don't know how much RAM you have on your comp, but increasing the dictionary size will reduce the size of the 7z, but it requires a lot of RAM for the compression process.
Increasing the Word Size has a minimal effect, but an effect nonetheless.

config examples for compressing C2C after deleting sources, debug dll and .pdb files.
LZMA2 unless otherwise stated.
dictionary-word ▬ 7z file size
64 MB - 64 bit ▬ 687 MB
64 MB -128 bit ▬ 686 MB
128 MB- 64 bit ▬ 677 MB
128 MB-128 bit ▬ 676 MB
128 MB-256 bit ▬ 676 MB
192 MB-64 bit ▬ 676 MB
256 MB-128 bit ▬ 675 MB​
LZMA- 64 MB- 64 bit ▬ 679 MB
LZMA-128MB-128 bit ▬ 664 MB
LZMA-256MB-256 bit ▬ 658 MB
LZMA-1024MB-273 bit ▬ 653 MB (1 GB RAM needed to decompress...10 GB to compress)

The higher these numbers are, the more RAM and time it takes to compress/decompress.
I suggest 128 MB dictionary size and 128 bit word size as a pretty optimal LZMA2 config for compressing C2C.

Last edited:
LZMA is a lot slower than LZMA2 but can give better compression.
I don't know how much RAM you have on your comp, but increasing the dictionary size will reduce the size of the 7z, but it requires a lot of RAM for the compression process.
Increasing the Word Size has a minimal effect, but an effect nonetheless.

config examples for compressing C2C after deleting sources, debug dll and .pdb files.
LZMA2 unless otherwise stated.
dictionary-word ▬ 7z file size
64 MB - 64 bit ▬ 687 MB
64 MB -128 bit ▬ 686 MB
128 MB- 64 bit ▬ 677 MB
128 MB-128 bit ▬ 676 MB
128 MB-256 bit ▬ 676 MB
192 MB-64 bit ▬ 676 MB
256 MB-128 bit ▬ 675 MB​
LZMA- 64 MB- 64 bit ▬ 679 MB
LZMA-128MB-128 bit ▬ 664 MB
LZMA-256MB-256 bit ▬ 658 MB
LZMA-1024MB-273 bit ▬ 653 MB (1 GB RAM needed to decompress...10 GB to compress)

The higher these numbers are, the more RAM and time it takes to compress/decompress.
I suggest 128 MB dictionary size and 128 bit word size as a pretty optimal LZMA2 config for compressing C2C.
I'll have to try all that next time. Getting back to my desk, the files were uploaded to ModDB and I really didn't want to start the process over.

Last edited:
@ all players and fans and modders:

I am, as you know, active on Twitter. @thunderbrd1 https://twitter.com/thunderbrd1

I'm going to be Pinning a tweet about v39 soon and I need EVERYONE who has ever cared about C2C to get on twitter (make an account if you have to) and like and retweet that post (it will be the first one on my page since it will be pinned). This will give it more edge rate and thus more cause to be seen by everyone who follows anyone who retweets it. I will be doing everything I can to amplify this message directly to those I know on twitter that like C2C as well and will also post about this almost daily for the next week or so (and again if you see any post about it, interact with it, including to reply to it, to help amplify how important Twitter believes it to be. Make your own posts about this release as well. Many of you are on Facebook - post about the release there! Follow each other! Let's build a network for this.

And if you don't agree with my political views being out there at times, ignore it as usual. ;)

Good job on releasing version 39! :thumbsup:
I've been eagerly awaiting it since I read that a new version may come out if everything went right a few pages back.
I already liked it on twitter and re-tweeted it, hopefully that helps drag attention to it!

Good job on releasing version 39! :thumbsup:
I've been eagerly awaiting it since I read that a new version may come out if everything went right a few pages back.
I already liked it on twitter and re-tweeted it, hopefully that helps drag attention to it!
Noted and thank you! Every like, comment and retweet helps. @LarryDixonTGK is also an amazing ally for us who has a huge involvement in the gaming industry as a whole and is in deep with thousands of game fans and his retweet is also huge - I urge everyone here to follow him and magnify his retweet as well!

doe s it break the SVN's?Does this update break all previous saved SVN'sThunderbrd? Have down loaded but not unzipped?

Last edited:
doe s it break the SVN's?
No... It's basically just one of the SVN versions itself and compatibility isn't broken there (yet). It will be soon after v39.

Top Bottom