1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@Toffer90 ,

So this would indicate that I should re-evaluate iNumCityMaintence values for all Civics as well. Since you increased the base value.

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Maybe not, the increase was small and wouln't have much impact on early game where there's few cities due to the exponential nature of the number of city maintenance.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Was this comment a problem? Do not understand why it was removed. But More Rivers comment was not. This makes it harder to find the Defines for Super Forts imhpo.

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It didn't really provide any information one cannot glean by looking at the define name itself.
    <!-- Super Forts begin -->
    <Define>
    <DefineName>SUPER_FORTS_DURATION_BEFORE_REVOLT</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>5</iDefineIntVal>​
    </Define>
    <!-- Super Forts end -->

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The Super Fort segment had more than just what you are showing there.\\

It is these 2 segments:
    SVN 11232
    Code:
    <!-- Super Forts begin -->
        <Define>
            <DefineName>AI_WORKER_MAX_DISTANCE_FROM_CITY_OUT_BORDERS</DefineName>
            <iDefineIntVal>5</iDefineIntVal>
        </Define>
        <Define>
        </Define>
    Now SVN 11254
    Code:
    <Define>
            <DefineName>AI_WORKER_MAX_DISTANCE_FROM_CITY_OUT_BORDERS</DefineName>
        </Define>
        <Define>

By losing the comment <!-- Super Forts begin --> above the AI_WORKER_MAX you lose what this segment refers to.

Perhaps this is a nit pick to you. But to thers that do not frequent the GlobalDefines as much it makes working with the Defines sections harder.

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

AI_WORKER_MAX_DISTANCE_FROM_CITY_OUT_BORDERS has little to nothing to do with super fort coding. It relates to any improvements built outside borders by AI.
    Usually that is forts, I can concede that.
    If super forts were removed we would still keep that define.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

It IS about Super Fort placement by the AI workers (evn the Barb AI). If you Do Not believe me then PM Dancing Hoskuld. He made/incorporated the Modmod into C2C. Else WHY did he include it in the Super Fort section? As he is the one that placed the <!-- Super Fort comment --\> too. And the lines of code into the GlobalDefine.xml

This is besides the point.

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It's misleading to put that define under that header, makes one think it only has something to do with improvements that can claim territorial borders...

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This define (AI_WORKER_MAX_DISTANCE_FROM_CITY_OUT_BORDERS) may be one of reasons on why AI can't colonize space:
    It won't send space workers further than 5 tiles outside of borders to build space stations on Orbit or lunar bases on Moon.
    We would need specialized Space AI, that overrides lots of usual stuff.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It is. Superforts was introducing exactly that through their new modification to forts.

JosEPh_II likes this.
  11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Do space workers normally get to move 2 spaces like regular workers? If they do then it will be 10 spaces they can work outside their borders. BUT if Space workers are restricted to only 1 space per turn then yes they would only be able to go 5 spaces.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Which is what I think T-brd is relaying as well.

And Toffer as I stated, Ask DH. He put it in there. And it really does not matter if you "think" it is misleading. It is the design of the SuperFort Defines.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Koshling adapted the code through from another mod and DH did some initial help with the implementation IIRC.

13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

They can move 24 tiles per turn, so I guess they would be fine then.

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Fun fact: Pushing to SVN is now much more reliable as appveyor will persistently try to checkout from SVN before committing to it.
    Sourceforge has some weird connectivity issues lately, so @Toffer90 revised that thing.
    When SVN dies randomly, cleanup command is executed and then appveyor continues updating stuff - can do that up to 25 times, which can be easily increased without major changes.
    Also it won't compile other DLL variants mindlessly, if stuff was changed on Release branch - branch that appveyor uses to commit to svn.

So for players this means updates could be coming up more reliably and after shorter time.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah I don't think I've said it yet but thanks @Toffer90 ! This was a very impressive improvement!

raxo2222 likes this.
  16. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

I am about 25% of the way through the ancient era with 41 on prince difficulty and things are going good so far. So far barbarians and animals seem to be a bit more aggressive and a little more numerous. My trackers and now my hunters are not having a great time of it. I am around 70 points better than the 2nd place known civ right now with 8 cities and am the most advanced. Two of the ai's now have 3 cities and most of civ's I know about are about half an era or so behind tech wise. No nasty surprises so far. You all have done another great job with this version.

Thunderbrd likes this.
  17. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

I have run into trouble now with cultures. It looks your native culture is all you can get now. No Euro or Asia if you are North American and vice versa. DO NOT like this change at all.

18. jatkinson

jatkinson Warlord

Have you actually conquered another city with a different regional culture? Otherwise I have no idea what you mean as that has always been how the culture system has worked?

19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Yeah, he has to conquer multiple cities of civ with other continental culture.

20. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

6 cities to get the other culture now instead of 1. Why did this have to change?