Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hello, can I just tell you guys how much I love this mod (and the mods it incorporates). I feel like there's enough stuff to play around with to last the rest of my life lol!
Always enjoyed reading your review work as well and you've done a lot to help us with AI issues so you're one of us really.

Always enjoyed reading your review work as well and you've done a lot to help us with AI issues so you're one of us really.

oh now you make me feel all fuzzy inside :love:; Im happy I could at least help out with something seeing as I have enjoyed and still enjoys it so much!

Bottleneck
Oh, an interesting point.
I was thinking more about variations of Strength (or what's its name than gives you raw Power) and also Quality Up-ing a lot.
As in, unconditional boosts that don't rely on facing specific types of enemies.
Still, combining units gives you 1.5 times the Strength per 1 Size at the cost of simply building more units (though THAT grows ugly fast in micromanaging).
And that's also an unconditional boost, which is also a fixed rate.
So I could simply set a few cities to "endlessly build Unit X" and then continuously create more and more Weapon X's out of those unit swarms (loool).
Whereas in order to Promote Heroes I'd need to make them find WHAT to fight (and depending on the map, this CAN be a pain in the arse) - and do that a LOT.
So, again, it's Random Hunting (XP gathering in the field) -vs- Time Consumption (unit building in the cities).
And I'll be honest - I'd always choose the LATTER whenever possible.
It's just more PREDICTABLE.

And the excuse of "not everybody plays with the [insert_available_option] ON" is outright LAME, sorry.
If it's there (and definitely something THAT much unique compared to Vanilla) - then if you don't play it, you are simply ignoring a part of the MOD that makes it BETTER than Vanilla in the first place.
Normally I'd agree, but Size Matters is an exception. The mod does not benefit from it, and I won't play with it again. I'm hoping that Combined Arms/Strength in Numbers might fix it, but that may just be me being optimistic.

Normally I'd agree, but Size Matters is an exception. The mod does not benefit from it, and I won't play with it again. I'm hoping that Combined Arms/Strength in Numbers might fix it, but that may just be me being optimistic.
Well, to each their own.
I'm just saying that in general any new FEATURE should be appreciated, not shunned.
I myself don't play with the option that forces me to use anti-Defense units each time I want to attack a city - but that's hardly as unique as the ability to merge units.
I'm not even sure whether this was or wasn't there in Vanilla all along, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
It fits the theme of Vanilla well enough.
But merged units, nope, that's something I've never seen in anything "normal Civ", so it's definitely a feature that stands out a lot as a MOD feature.
Sure, you are obviously free to dislike and ignore it, but that's a choice that I consider to be an exception, not the norm.
Or maybe we even don't disagree there, dunno, lol.

I have used size matters since it was put in and think it is a great feature. I get to explore faster right at the start by splitting and then get better units earlier to deal with the barbs by merging. There are a good many more barbs in ver 41 too so those merged units are great.

I think I have found out how to keep my hunting units going longer. I finally started giving them the veil promotion and have been able to walk right on by neanderthals and barb units in my latest game. Should have been using it much sooner.

Also I decided to start to start another game and move my difficulty up one notch since I was well ahead at prince. It's early yet but I can sure see the difference with barbarians. There are a good many more of them at monarch difficulty. I am seeing stacks of 4-5 of them roaming around.

Also I decided to start to start another game and move my difficulty up one notch since I was well ahead at prince. It's early yet but I can sure see the difference with barbarians. There are a good many more of them at monarch difficulty. I am seeing stacks of 4-5 of them roaming around.
Turn it up to emperor or immortal.

Turn it up to emperor or immortal.

Deity (and eons) is fun! I am around 'Spice Trade' and 'Drug Trade' techs and about half of the 32 AI's are researching stuff I don't have yet.
I tried Nightmare (also eons), but my only city was captured by barbs after 800 turns or so.

I think I might start a new game on One City Challenge, because the main reason behind me dropping ANY games after a day or two, is micro-damned-managing cities.
So with Always One City, that shouldn't be much of a bother, lol.
Let's try BUYING the world again, hehehe.
Note:
This was my FAVORITE victory condition back in... Civ 1.
And yes, I still can remember THAT glory.
It's a Classical Classic with CLASS. :scan:

Does it make sense to trade to get copper wares?

I am currently playing a game where on my continent is exactly one source of copper and one source of iron and i would have to fight a probably difficult war to get to it since its on the far side of my position. In fact, the only metal i got under my grip is silver. With that at least i can built forges, so there is that.

I was however able to make contact with other civs by sailing to the, what seems to be, main continent of the map and one of them, whom i have good relations with, would trade copper wares for no less than 4 techs with me. This would of course allow me to upgrade my Obsidian troops to copper tier but the trade seems still too expensive.

I was however able to make contact with other civs by sailing to the, what seems to be, main continent of the map and one of them, whom i have good relations with, would trade copper wares for no less than 4 techs with me. This would of course allow me to upgrade my Obsidian troops to copper tier but the trade seems still too expensive.
Especially if you consider that you won't be able to renew that treaty. Is there any way you could pay with other resources (even if you need many of them), or, if you are really desperate, with money per turn?

Especially if you consider that you won't be able to renew that treaty. Is there any way you could pay with other resources (even if you need many of them), or, if you are really desperate, with money per turn?

Well they went down to 3 techs when offering all the ressources i could and money is off the table since i am still 17 techs away from currency, even if i beelined it.
I guess what i will do then is take the price, upgrade, fight my way through to get the copper and iron and hope for the best. "Those Australian savages, nobody likes them anyways. :p " is what my history books will write.

Reactions: tmv
Can a criminal lose its wanted status, or does it keep it forever?

Can a criminal lose its wanted status, or does it keep it forever?
Get it out of sight of the nation that put it into 'wanted' status for a round. Sometimes that can mean really getting it to move far and if its YOU that made your OWN criminal 'wanted', you need to simply get it out of your borders IIRC.

Get it out of sight of the nation that put it into 'wanted' status for a round. Sometimes that can mean really getting it to move far and if its YOU that made your OWN criminal 'wanted', you need to simply get it out of your borders IIRC.

Thanks! :)

Another question if I may, is building units in my state religions holy city supposed to give a -5% xp penalty? It is shown with green text as if it was supposed to be a bonus, but it is a penalty.

SCREENSHOT:
Spoiler :

2020-12-23 06_36_33-Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword.png

Another question if I may, is building units in my state religions holy city supposed to give a -5% xp penalty? It is shown with green text as if it was supposed to be a bonus, but it is a penalty.

Have you ever heard the saying "Ignorance can be a blessing"
Sorry for being silly :rolleyes:

That might have to do with traits. Anti-Clerical, Gloomy or Aloof could give you this if you use Thunderbrd's trait set. And green text only means this is present, whereas red text means these buildings are absent.

That might have to do with traits. Anti-Clerical, Gloomy or Aloof could give you this if you use Thunderbrd's trait set. And green text only means this is present, whereas red text means these buildings are absent.
Ah yeah that's true - not quite the same red/green meaning here as on the combat help. Thanks for that reminder.

But yeah, I was going to say it was probably the religious trait you selected that has this penalty associated with it.

Top Bottom