1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

2 of them.

2. jatkinson

jatkinson Warlord

Well if the Assimilation function is not working, make a bug report in the appropriate thread and provide screenshots and a savegame so the developers can test and fix it.

3. Blazenclaw

Blazenclaw eccentric eclectic

You can also build settlers from a conquered city; in theory you only need to conquer one city of a different culture, take a look at the pedia entries for local/native/adopted cultures ;)

cobbaut likes this.
  4. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

I'll give this a try and see what happens. Thanks for that info.

5. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

That would make the change much easier to deal with. Building 5 new cities from the conquered ones should not be that hard to do

6. Blazenclaw

From the pedia entry of any C.L:
    upload_2020-12-9_11-19-28.png

7. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

Thanks for that info too. I spent 20 minutes in the pedia and did not find this. That explains things very well and now that i know this it looks like it will be a decent change.

8. Blazenclaw

If you don't mind me asking, what places did you look first? It is important information, and I'm not sure where best to put it lol.

9. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

I went to special buildings, then special. I saw entries for C.Ac, C.Ad and C.N but not C.L.

Blazenclaw likes this.
  10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

C.L. is BUILDABLE building ;)

11. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

It changed a LOOONG time ago.
    Of course, I simply edited MY starting city to have ALL regional (but not national) cultures from the start, lol.
    But that's outright cheating.
    Anyways, regional cultures are now WAY too hard to gain without cheating, but to each their own.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Because otherwise one player can too easily steamroll to get all the heroes and special units and the more they get the easier it gets to get more.

13. kormer

kormer Chieftain

Soooo, didn't want to spoil anything for myself, but just realized my map doesn't actually have any space terrain on it. I don't know why, just assumed the feature used the viewports tech.

Anyways, are there any map scripts with space terrain built in, or do we need to use the space scenarios?

14. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

I've used to think that investing in Heroes was a good idea.
    But then I saw that combining units gave you MUCH better "squads" than any Hero could ever provide.
    Would take quite a lot of time and resources to achieve, and only applies after several Eras into the game - but in the long run it utterly makes ALL Heroes lacking.
    Not to mention that Heroes can DIE (well, unless you have certain cheating Wonders, lol), whereas units can be simply built again.
    Time and resources, yes, but still a better overall rating.

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Heroes - achievements and great citizens ;)

16. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

Fine, lol, EXCEPT for THAT. :grouphug:

17. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

None of the map scripts does contain space terrain, the only option to play with space is to use one of the scenarios.

18. jshetley

jshetley Warlord

Yeah I can see one player getting most of them, but I was thinking that I could get none of them with the new version. Now that I know what is going on, the change looks reasonable. Still not 100% sure how this works though because I conquered a European city on my home continent, founded 5 more cities from it and got the Euro culture I was supposed to. I also conquered an Asia city on another continent and it only has North American culture in it. No Asian culture at all, and the city I built from it has no Asian culture either. A bug or is it WAD?

19. Blazenclaw

Sounds like you captured a North American city, not an Asian one :mischief:

Is this scenario or world map script? What civ did you capture the Asian city from, maybe you're playing with unrestricted leaders or something, maybe that city itself was capture from a North American civ? Many things it could be. Other than that it sounds like WAD; the city you built from the North American one should also be North American.

20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

WAD, there's a 15% chance for a specific local cultures to disappear when the city is conquered.

I figured there should be some sort of decay to it, and this type of decay, through war, seemed like a decent and simple way to get that.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020