Caveman 2 Cosmos

Can I just backup my UserSettings folder from the old version and substitute the new one with it? Or would that cause problems?
that should almost always work.

that should almost always work.

It's the "almost" part that makes me paranoid and simply change the BUG manually each time I update the mod with a new SVN. I only make minor changes anyway, and have them memorized by now.

It's the "almost" part that makes me paranoid and simply change the BUG manually each time I update the mod with a new SVN. I only make minor changes anyway, and have them memorized by now.

Why not just make yourself a modmod of it, maybe someone else would like the same changes, never know. Thats the advantage of making modmod's, for yourself.

Well, yes, it's actually the custom advisor that takes the most time to set up.

I don't think we had a case that broke BUG user settings yet. So you can just copy the UserSettings folder.

Sorry quick question, im using flexible difficulty. Now, where can i see my current difficulty? Thought it was on the civ's flag when i played ver24 before :/

Edit : Well, i find something more interesting. I'm playing the huge 28 civ earth map included in the map. Set the FD's increment turn into 125 turns. Been playing around 250 turns with no notification at all (starting on settler and dominating the scoreboard, so almost pretty sure that given if the FD work, i must be on warlord at that time). That was why i'm asking the aforementioned question.

What i hadn't noticed before is, that the "Welcome to C2C" message option is popping now and then even though i had click "No thanks". And everytime that message came out, looks like my whole BUG option was being reset to default :/. Maybe this is the one that caused the problem in FD? :/
Or is it the scenario that done things wrong? Never played with the included scenarios before :/.

Edit again : Well just played a quick planet generator game for a test. This time no Welcome to C2C popping and FD works :). So it must be the scenario. What a shame, i really want to play an earth preset map :)). But stil, can someone point me the answer of my first question please? Still can't find what my current difficulty is. Thanks!

Press F8 (Victory Conditions) then go to the Settings tab. :)
Aaaah there it is :). I remember that the difficulty could be seen by hovering on the flag (or was it scoreboard) which would be simpler and more streamlined but this would done well too.

That's te way I do it, but the SVN is beta so I keep the third folder and update it wit the playable version before I do an update. that way if something breaks I can still get a game while the problem is sorted out. Yes, I have broken the SVN a couple of times.

You can always revert back to an older revision if a new one causes problems, so having an extra copy just needlessly takes more space? Well I suppose it's safer - never hurts to be a little bit paranoid about these things. ;)

You can always revert back to an older revision if a new one causes problems, so having an extra copy just needlessly takes more space? Well I suppose it's safer - never hurts to be a little bit paranoid about these things. ;)

I went ahead and deleted one of the folders. Now I just have the one that tortoise updates, and one inside the mods folder which is basically where I put a copy of what tortoise downloads.

I went ahead and deleted one of the folders. Now I just have the one that tortoise updates, and one inside the mods folder which is basically where I put a copy of what tortoise downloads.

You should use SVN Export rather than a direct file copy really (or else you're also copying the hidden SVN database locking files and stuff)

Great job on the new version. So far it looks like you have greatly improved the AI's chances of staying in the game. The new features make things more interesting.

Quick question. Is there any way to reduce the size of the rival dialogue box that appears whenever they want something (or when you first meet them)? I want to get it down to 60 percent.

Can I just backup my UserSettings folder from the old version and substitute the new one with it? Or would that cause problems?

An even better idea (what I do) is to not even check out the entire SVN. Just checkout the Assets folder from the trunk, and replace the Assets folder, as opposed to the entire C2C folder. It has worked for me for a year, so long as I occasionally check for updates to the PrivateMaps folder.:)

You should use SVN Export rather than a direct file copy really (or else you're also copying the hidden SVN database locking files and stuff)

Ah. Didn't know about this feature. Thanks.

Should I delete the old files before doing a new export? (From the folder that the game reads, that is)

EDIT - For some reason, I think my direct copy wasn't copying the hidden files anyway, judging by how the folder I copied to always ended up around half the size of the SVN one.

Since the last Version of SVN the hidden database files are not in every folder anymore. They are now in a hidden folder in the root of the project named .svn. If you do not copy that folder it should be fine.

Also for at least a thousand revs I kept my Usersettings folder and never overwrote it with the SVN one and there was no problem so far.

Also for at least a thousand revs I kept my Usersettings folder and never overwrote it with the SVN one and there was no problem so far.

Good to know, thanks!

EDIT - How about when new BUG options are put in, like the recent "Invert Shift on the building queue" option?

at me two resources have pink badges. it while is temporary or i only have faced such problem?

A screen shot will give us enough information to fix it. Unless you are talking about lowest graphic settings and the squash, pumpkin and melon resources on the map. In that case we are still waiting for the artist who did them for a fix.

Would love to try the new version but cannot get past this dreadful iLivid download manager. Everytime it tells me there is a message from Civilization Fanatics (which turns out to be empty) and then hangs up. I've now deleted it from my system. Can we have another route for download please - Alan

Top Bottom