Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi All, Love the mod but i cant seem to get a viable DL of ver. 25, have tried DLing it 4 times and each time i get a corrupted DL.

oh i use google chrome as my browser,

i used the link on this page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377892
and it sends me here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15324
which takes me to this page for the actual DL: http://newx89.com/randomstuff/civ4mods/Caveman2Cosmos/

hope that explains which link i used lol!

Well good to know its not just me!

OK i just tried it and it works PERFECTLY, and the folder just needs to read Caveman2Cosmos also, delete the v25 on the end, but again i d/l'ed and it works great, all i can say is try again. I d/led it in 10 minutes.

OK i just tried it and it works PERFECTLY, and the folder just needs to read Caveman2Cosmos also, delete the v25 on the end, but again i d/l'ed and it works great, all i can say is try again. I d/led it in 10 minutes.

Great then we know it's not a download limit, do you think the naming of the files is an issue with how the downloading is handled? ..as I would like to keep version numbers and dates. I think the issue might have been caused by high traffic on the site as I saw this message after login,

Server #47 is under the DDOS attack (IP Nullrouted)
We have just received a HUGE (over 3GB/s incoming traffic) DDoS attack targeting the Server #47. Our CISCO guard firewall was unable to handle such attack, so one of the server IP address - 212.1.208.189 was disabled (all the rest websites on this server are working fine).

If your website is using this IP (due to unique IP rotation system only 10 websites are using this IP) it will be unavailable for the next 3 hours. As soon attack will subside, this IP address will be enabled and your website will start working again. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

I don't know if that ip is for my website or another one on hosting24, and 3GB/s? ..

Edit: Gunny_highway, tell me if it keeps happening. Don't know if you have to wait 3 hours or not..

i have a similar problem with the download, it goes to about 130 mb or so and then stops for no reason, have tryed several times but it keeps happening

Hi,
I tried the DL again as of this posting and the page wont even load! my time now is 9:48 pm Pacific

I have tried one last time tonight and again DL'd file is corrupt, i also tried to DL the animated leaderheads file which was also corrupt. this was at 11:58pm Pacific

Thanks for your time!

Hello

I want to do 2 questions. Let me know if you can help me.

1. During a C2C v23 play, I don't know why, if I try to build a supermarket, I get negative bonus. It is fine? Attached image

2. When I have a stack, I can´t see all units because UI, Is there a way to see stack in the left column taking out UI? Attached image

Thank you!

Attachments

• Civ4Supermarket.JPG
    Civ4Supermarket.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Civ4UnitsStack.JPG
    Civ4UnitsStack.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 133
I posted a ticket to my providers.. I hope they can help. As there site states they should have unlimited data transfers. But I don't want to make anyone have to wait ..try the torrent posted by BlueGenie http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7499292/CivIV__Caveman_to_Cosmos_v25

Edit: I was told that the download issues could be caused by the DDOS attack they are experiencing and that I should wait until it's over. But am uploading another extra leaderheads zip as I to get a corrupted version when trying to download it, I might just have to re-upload the whole mod file again ..but it's odd that it did work for strategyonly, Which might tell that it's not the file, but the DDOSing.

I posted a ticket to my providers.. I hope they can help. As there site states they should have unlimited data transfers. But I don't want to make anyone have to wait ..try the torrent posted by BlueGenie http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7499292/CivIV__Caveman_to_Cosmos_v25

Edit: I was told that the download issues could be caused by the DDOS attack they are experiencing and that I should wait until it's over. But am uploading another extra leaderheads zip as I to get a corrupted version when trying to download it, I might just have to re-upload the whole mod file again ..but it's odd that it did work for strategyonly, Which might tell that it's not the file, but the DDOSing.

It just worked fine for me, so maybe it's fixed?

It just worked fine for me, so maybe it's fixed?

Yes, the DDoSing is over :) ..and I've come to understand that some files I uploaded just was corrupted and needed to be re-uploaded like the extra leaderhead zip. But also that some downloads became interrupted while being downloaded because of the DDoSing as I think the Caveman2Cosmos file got for people with slow download like me. ..I might just have re-uploaded that one unnecessarily.

Hi,
I was finally able to get the mod last nite around 4:00am (couldnt sleep so i tried again lol) I want to thank you guys for responding to my posts quickly and for doing all you could to help, that kinda stuff just makes an already great mod even greater! Thnx again.

Hi,
I was finally able to get the mod last nite around 4:00am (couldnt sleep so i tried again lol) I want to thank you guys for responding to my posts quickly and for doing all you could to help, that kinda stuff just makes an already great mod even greater! Thnx again.

Thanks, glad it finally worked for you :) ..Iv'e removed the corrupted leaderhead zip now and replaced it with the working one, Now am yet again trying to download the original c2c file to confirm to myself that it's really working so I can remove the new one.

Edit: Yep confirmed, it works for me 2. I think in the future I will be able to easily notice if something is corrupt by simply comparing the file sizes :p

I've been playing a gigantic map with 32 civs, snail speed for the past few days. It's been a blast, after dozens of hours I'm at around year 3500 BC having just entered the classical era. \o/

The only problem I've had is some floating resource improvements, which might have been caused by my viewport settings (67x40). It's not game-breaking, but a mild annoyance. I wonder if anyone knows some good viewport configurations for gigantic maps?

I've been playing a gigantic map with 32 civs, snail speed for the past few days. It's been a blast, after dozens of hours I'm at around year 3500 BC having just entered the classical era. \o/

The only problem I've had is some floating resource improvements, which might have been caused by my viewport settings (67x40). It's not game-breaking, but a mild annoyance. I wonder if anyone knows some good viewport configurations for gigantic maps?

Those are bugs pretty much everyone using viewports has been having, and bugs that are being worked on. Some of them go away if you enter the military advisor (F5) then come back out.

About configurations, AFAIK all you can do is change the size and turn them on/off.

This is a known, but hard to track issue. If you have a case that you can reproduce reliably from a save please post it along with instructions on how to reproduce.

Those are bugs pretty much everyone using viewports has been having, and bugs that are being worked on. Some of them go away if you enter the military advisor (F5) then come back out.

About configurations, AFAIK all you can do is change the size and turn them on/off.

Yeah, reloading the game works too. But they're back whenever the viewport switches, so it's not worth the hassle.

SO mentioned a while back (I'm not sure where) that the mod is set to display wonders and city defenses, but not all the other buildings in the city. I was wondering where that setting is (I'm looking to turn the defenses and wonders off, if it's possible).

@koshling, I'm finding the floating improvements occur anytime I've been playing for a while, so if you're not seeing at all in your own games, I'm not sure a save is going to help you. I've seen some wierdness in the great wall for a turn or two after loading a saved game, but it goes away after several VP switches (not one, oddly), so I'm not too worried about it.

SO mentioned a while back (I'm not sure where) that the mod is set to display wonders and city defenses, but not all the other buildings in the city. I was wondering where that setting is (I'm looking to turn the defenses and wonders off, if it's possible).

Folder Assets/XML file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml variable SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL set it o zero for no buildings.

Thought I asked this already, but can't seem to find it...:mischief:
What does the promotion "silver tongue" do?

Top Bottom