Caveman 2 Cosmos

I'm trying to build the dll from source, but i'm missing the Python.h and appropriate boost libraries as well. Where can i get the ones you guys use? Why aren't they in source control?
Also, why are you guys still using svn? github is so much better lol.

If you're proposing that the "Settler" difficulty should be made as difficult as "Noble" currently is, then in effect you are proposing to rename the "Noble" difficulty to "Settler" (and so on down the further difficulty levels). That's what I meant by "rename". It's functionally the same thing.
Nah, a rename is a rename, making all difficulties three steps harder is not the same thing as a rename.
Deity would become harder than what nightmare currently is, how would that be just a rename?

Upload save.
On what space map you are playing?
Vertical Solar isn't standard space map (that it mixes terrains from multiple planets, and has resources/features in places where they are absolutely useless), so this may be map issue.

Satellites can go only on Orbit terrain (this terrain should border Earth directly).
I'm playing the vertical solar map. From what I can tell, I just needed to research ion propulsion to go there. Or maybe it's a map issue like you said. Here's the save in case you need it.

Attachments

• 1 (7-14-18).CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.7 MB · Views: 102
I'm playing the vertical solar map. From what I can tell, I just needed to research ion propulsion to go there. Or maybe it's a map issue like you said. Here's the save in case you need it.
So it seems like there was no Orbit terrain but Cislunar Space bordering Earth.
Satellites should be able to go into space as soon as its unlocked.
-----

Yup, there IS fairly bad map issue - there is no Orbit terrain on Earth northern border.
Spoiler :
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-07-15 09-18-37-91.jpg

@TPEHEP you should add Orbit terrain on edges of Earth.
This is important as you can build space station improvements on Orbit terrain, gather science and build some world wonders using satelittes, space shuttles and heavy rockets.

Also there is almost no AI in this save.
If you just wanted legit space experience without AI, then you should picked my space map (its small world).

Kation with my help made space map, that has both normal Earth phase and properly done space part.
This map had some issues on Earth so it wasn't added to mod.

Last edited:
Caveman 2 Cosmos
:old: :) :gold: :culture: :espionage: :hammers: :science: :commerce: :religion: :food: :health: :strength: :borg:

Version 38.5
9 Jun 2018

Compatible across versions. Continue playing your current game of C2C - just save our current game and load it in the new version. You will be asked "Should the modifiers be recalculated?". Just say yes, wait awhile and then continue your game with all the new features.

734+ Technologies

And so begins 100,000 years of history..

Caveman2Cosmos is a CivFanatics.com community mod that add new features, gameplay, and content to the Civilization 4 experience. It is the most expansive Civilization 4: BTS mod to date with almost daily updates since November 2010. It is the spiritual successor the The Civilization 4 mod Rise of Mankind and its addon A New Dawn, and combines the work of over 100+ CivFanatics.com past and present modders to create a mod to "rule them all". It is currently being developed by StrategyOnly Productions with a modding team made up of prominent members of CivFanatics.com.

Caveman2Cosmos introduces a massive amount of new content with massive customization to Civilization 4 : Beyond the Sword. From the the discovery of controlled fire in the Prehistoric Era to the spaceships of the Galactic Era this community mod is perfect for the player who craves very deep strategy but is still enjoyable to the more casual player. Be warned, with this much content this mod may take almost 100 hours or more to win a single game. This mod is evolving on a weekly basis and new features are added all the time!

Good news, the new "Graphics paging" option saves about 30% of RAM memory usage (with bigger maps, more RAM saving), and it should remove virtually all MAF errors. It replaces the Viewports system. This system can be activated in BUG Options screen. It should be auto-activated by default. There should NOT be any crashes (besides MAFs) also recently there has been some crashes to desktop, but that's all you have to do is use autosave and use FIRST entry there and then everything should be fine (just glitches is all), i have looked and looked trying to make it as stable as possible, but if there is pls report and we will try to figure it out and let me know, thx. (See post # 6, para 8)

We listen to all player ideas and suggestions, and our goal is to continue our tradition of making the best possible megamod for Civilization 4. We believe in the power of community and our forum is our own little civilization with hundreds of thousands of valuable posts from players all around the world. This mod is updated almost daily and we encourage the use of SVN to get the latest "pre-release". We would like to say thanks to all the players who have supported us over the years.

Caveman2Cosmos Theme

Link to video.

Please read post # 6 before asking some questions, thx.

Minimum System Requirements
4+ GB of RAM Recommended
1024 x 768 Resolution
256 MB Graphics Card (1GB Highly Recommended)
For Civ4: Beyond The Sword 3.19

Here are the BUG Controls: (See Attached)
I just had a peak at this thread for the first time out of curiosity, and immediately couldn't help but notice that the pictures on the opening post look VERY familiar. Do you have Sierra's permission to use them, out of curiosity?

Is there a reason behind not being able to spread deer, goat or sheep to newer cities? Particularly Deer?

Is there a reason behind not being able to spread deer, goat or sheep to newer cities? Particularly Deer?
There is no limiting factor yet. Although Moose and Reindeer do have latitude limits.

Eventually you wont be able to spread any animal to a city that has the resource near it. You will be able to place the herd on the map, in an empty plot with the correct terrains. (Empty plot means does not have a resource on it even one you can't see yet.)

I'm trying to build the dll from source, but i'm missing the Python.h and appropriate boost libraries as well. Where can i get the ones you guys use? Why aren't they in source control?
Also, why are you guys still using svn? github is so much better lol.
When I was taught how to compile, it was through the BtS form core instructions. Since then it's been a matter of referring back to that original setup. @alberts2 or @Koshling (who setup the SVN) might be able to help you with these questions. I do know you cannot compile this with the latest compilers because it must be back compatible to quite a few versions ago. VS2010 I THINK was the latest we can go - possibly 2013. As for the libraries you're looking for, I can't say why they wouldn't be available if you were authorized as a full team member - that might be the problem.

I'm not a programmer, just a modder who's learned enough programming to adjust the program. I wouldn't even know how to setup version control but I can interface with it. Last time I had to try to get something from Github it seemed terribly complicated but I wasn't familiar with SVN at all even then so it might not be as bad as it seemed now. Alberts2 explained some pros and cons a while back and we chose to keep SVN because apparently Github wouldn't let us keep everything in one place - some file types would not be savable there iirc.

I just had a peak at this thread for the first time out of curiosity, and immediately couldn't help but notice that the pictures on the opening post look VERY familiar. Do you have Sierra's permission to use them, out of curiosity?
Are you referring to the main game panel image? I think Hydro or Sparth did reach out but Sparth would be the one to ask that question of.

Nothing is being done for profit or any exchange of financial resource whatsoever here anyhow so we're not even capable of being sued over any intellectual property infringements.

Looks like barbarian spawning doesn't look at map category of tile, I guess @Thunderbrd could look at barbarian spawning code.
I believe it used to... Might be something still on the infinite list.

Barbarians are known to spawn next to water, so if the space terrain is next to water then barbarians can spawn there. It is somewhere deep in the code I think. Not something we would spend time on if that time could be better spent getting Multimaps up and working.

Barbarians are known to spawn next to water, so if the space terrain is next to water then barbarians can spawn there. It is somewhere deep in the code I think. Not something we would spend time on if that time could be better spent getting Multimaps up and working.
They spawned fairly close to hills in this case.

Nah, a rename is a rename, making all difficulties three steps harder is not the same thing as a rename.
Deity would become harder than what nightmare currently is, how would that be just a rename?

In your own words, what you're proposing to do is:

All difficulties become three steps harder. Deity would become harder than what nightmare is currently.

Now let's examine what would happen if we were to do purely just a rename. If you rename Noble (and all subsequent difficulties) to Settler and so on respectively, what is the end effect?

The Settler difficulty becomes as difficult as current Noble. All difficulties become three steps harder. Deity would become harder than what nightmare is currently.

What you are proposing is literally a rename. Making all difficulties three steps harder is just the same thing as a rename. This is not a difficult concept.

The end result is a purely cosmetic change, to no great benefit.

It would be impossible to make
  • Deity harder than the current nightmare
  • Emperor harder than current Deity and easier than current Nightmare
  • Nightmare three steps more difficult than the current nightmare
by doing a rename.
Ergo it is not the same as a rename.

There is no limiting factor yet. Although Moose and Reindeer do have latitude limits.

Eventually you wont be able to spread any animal to a city that has the resource near it. You will be able to place the herd on the map, in an empty plot with the correct terrains. (Empty plot means does not have a resource on it even one you can't see yet.)
I think you misinterpretted. I'm saying spread, as in specialization / trade technologies to make more deer ( or other more rare animals ) herds in newer cities when you didn't have the ability to save said animals. Sheep Goats and Deer are the most obvious at the moment.

Top Bottom