Caveman2Cosmos v43 Player Guide

I finally was taking a look at this thread and I am not even done reading and I want to cry. It is so beautiful! I am so happy to see so much of what we discussed to become reality now. Great job Thunderbrd and the rest of the C2C Team!

And that is why T-brd and DH would like to see you back modding C2C. Even if it was only for part help. Just the discussion of concepts alone would thrill T-brd.

JosEPh

I have been tempted to. I have recently updated my SVN and checking out all the new stuff. There are some buildings I always wanted to add but never got time to add to empty techs. I am not sure if my icon buttons would look good enough if i made some. Who is in charge of all the nicer looking art?

If I ever got back to at least building modding would you guys be ok with that? Especially for techs that have nothing in them?

EDIT: Also I love some of the new techs and new units. And don't get me started on the awesome new cultures (with units and heroes)!

Last edited:
I have been tempted to. I have recently updated my SVN and checking out all the new stuff. There are some buildings I always wanted to add but never got time to add to empty techs. I am not sure if my icon buttons would look good enough if i made some. Who is in charge of all the nicer looking art?

If I ever got back to at least building modding would you guys be ok with that? Especially for techs that have nothing in them?

EDIT: Also I love some of the new techs and new units. And don't get me started on the awesome new cultures (with units and heroes)!
You would be most welcome to return to C2C modding. ^^
Me and Sparth (Most buttons are made by Sparth) deal with graphics, Sparth isn't much around atm so I can fill in on button creation.

Sorry, yes, I understand that. I just meant it wasn't exploitably sellable.

So what's the deal with the "you're treacherous" modifier you get for declaring war?

I mean I get that I'm treacherous if I declare war on someone I've got a deal with, but in this case I waited patiently till all deals ran out, cancelled them all and then declared war the next turn.

But I still get the "you're treacherous" -1 diplomatic modifier with several nations. I really would prefer to avoid this, but how would I go about doing that? Is it impossible, or is there some further time period you have to wait till the treachery modifier is removed?

So what's the deal with the "you're treacherous" modifier you get for declaring war?

I mean I get that I'm treacherous if I declare war on someone I've got a deal with, but in this case I waited patiently till all deals ran out, cancelled them all and then declared war the next turn.

But I still get the "you're treacherous" -1 diplomatic modifier with several nations. I really would prefer to avoid this, but how would I go about doing that? Is it impossible, or is there some further time period you have to wait till the treachery modifier is removed?
Was this someone you've had stellar relations with?

There is a very large noted problem/issue with diplomacy modifiers and the amount of time they last. I don't want to get too into the explanation on the deepend here but in 99% of cases, our Leaders are not defined up to date with the coding and I do intend some eventual coding to help us rapidly get them caught up so that this and many other issues that derive from that more core problem are addressed. But it's a very very very big thing to address. Soooo be patient with this one.

If you want more info on WHY they get this, I suspect it's because you had an embassy with that nation, thus publically declaring your belief that the nation you declared war on had a sovereign right to exist. And then you went and showed that you didn't care if they had a right to exist or not. Thus it is seen as a form of treachery. Basically, don't have an embassy with a nation you declare war on. It's considered a very sneaky and underhanded act, as holding that embassy declares your preference to resolve problems peacefully with that nation.

No, I had no deals with the other party. No embassy, no right of passage, no open borders or trade. Nothing... All we have in common is state religion. Dunno if that makes the difference...

Maybe the offended players were simply friendly with the invaded player then.

I could look into this directly through the coding but it's really supposed to be a little vague and for the player to guess at.

Well, there is the modifier "you attacked my friend" to cover that... It's the treachery that stumps me - obviously it isn't everyone who thinks so, so it's probably a question of personality. But it's kind of annoying not to know whether there is actually a way of avoiding it. It's so easy to get negative modifiers in this game, that I like to play carefully...

I googled it and found a vague reference to it being something about declaring war a certain period after ending a treaty, but it wasn't anything set in stone.

Yeah, you've got more important things to do. I guess I was wondering if this was something you guys came up with, or if it's from some other mod maybe. A diplomacy mod included in the C2C package.
Because the official wiki's on the subject don't list that modifier.

It sound like something that would come from the Advanced Diplomacy option but I can't be sure. I'm not even sure who programmed Advanced Diplomacy but I THINK it would've been added during the A New Dawn phase this mod was built from.

Top Bottom