CCM3 Epic Mod

The "Show Team Color Disc" option enables a circle around the unit, but it is not filled with color.
The circle gets filled in when you hit "Z" to toggle the Zoomed-out view.

Last edited:
Does battleships are not meant to be upgradable?
Yes, this is completely intended, even for the "Brits" and their Vanguard, which came too late for WW2. With the end of WW2 the time for battleships was over. Flintlock even made a special text for this feature in the game.

Yes, this is completely intended, even for the "Brits" and their Vanguard, which came too late for WW2. With the end of WW2 the time for battleships was over. Flintlock even made a special text for this feature in the game.
And what about between them up till Vanguard? If they obsoleate with Vanguard as last in line , in my opinion they should be upgradable between them selves as with other flavour units.

And what about between them up till Vanguard? If they obsoleate with Vanguard as last in line , in my opinion they should be upgradable between them selves as with other flavour units.
None of the British battleships can be upgraded (as none of the other battleships can be upgraded, too). The British are the only one, who can build two classes of (normal) battleships in the game. Edit: The upgrade chain for the Vanguard is correct.

Last edited:
None of the British battleships can be upgraded (as none of the other battleships can be upgraded, too). The British are the only one, who can build two classes of (normal) battleships in the game. Edit: The upgrade chain for the Vanguard is correct.
What I meant was the same approach as settlers upgrade to each other and only then to guerilla. Or warriors to each other and then to swordsman.

With out this special action (unit upgrade) enabled no battleships can upgrade to each other. In no way I had in mind that battleships should be upgrade to any other type of ships, but I see no reason if upgrade chain is preserved for them not to upgrade into each other ending the chain with Vanguard. Availability is still limited with by nations box where each nation has access to their own version of battleship.

To be short I have in mind the same functionality as with fanatics or holy man with end of upgrade chain being ansar warrior or pharisee. In battleship case Vanguard. No brit would access to other battleship than King George V class, yet will be able to upgrade it to Vanguard same as with HMS Nelson.

To be short I have in mind the same functionality as with fanatics or holy man with end of upgrade chain being ansar warrior or pharisee. In battleship case Vanguard.
The comparison with the upgrade chains of autoproduced units with the normally built battleships in my eyes is a limping comparison. The autoproduced units can additionally be limited by the buildings that can go obsolete and/or by different forms of government. I don´t want that the British can build their Vanguards until the end of the game cause there is no more limit for them to become obsolete.

Therefore the "upgrade chain" (here better obsoleting chain) for the battleships must be beyond the Vanguard. Here I was irritated myself when looking into the biq and seeing that the obsoleting chain pointed to the cruisers of the Sverdlov Class - but as the Russian Sovietsky Sojus class is in that chain, too, this setting is correct.

When the time of battleships is over, no more battleships can be built. The existing battleships as in history can survive until they are taken out of the game by beeing destroyed or scuttled.

Hi, I'm playing a game without trying to modify anything. However, I can't build railroads because I can not recruit steamrollers. I have coal and I have completed railroads research. :confused:

Hi, I'm playing a game without trying to modify anything. However, I can't build railroads because I can not recruit steamrollers. I have coal and I have completed railroads research. :confused:
Edit: You need coal and iron. When looking into the editor you indeed only need coal. I cannot say why you cannot build them. I have no problems in building them and I think in that stage of the game you should have cities that can afford the pop cost of two. Steamrollers have, as far as I remember, the same settings as in CCM 2.5.

Steamroller.jpg

Last edited:
The comparison with the upgrade chains of autoproduced units with the normally built battleships in my eyes is a limping comparison. The autoproduced units can additionally be limited by the buildings that can go obsolete and/or by different forms of government. I don´t want that the British can build their Vanguards until the end of the game cause there is no more limit for them to become obsolete.

Therefore the "upgrade chain" (here better obsoleting chain) for the battleships must be beyond the Vanguard. Here I was irritated myself when looking into the biq and seeing that the obsoleting chain pointed to the cruisers of the Sverdlov Class - but as the Russian Sovietsky Sojus class is in that chain, too, this setting is correct.

When the time of battleships is over, no more battleships can be built. The existing battleships as in history can survive until they are taken out of the game by beeing destroyed or scuttled.
Ok , apollogies if irritated you somehow on this topic.

Finaly reached modern era and I am enjoying my sanbox game as in first 10-20 turns. CCM3 is realy refined in content, new building generetad resources and Flintlock marwel keeps me playing turn when I should not 😃

P.S. Did you had a chance to look at those 2 ww2 dreadnougts with incorrect requirements when comparing to others?

P.S. Did you had a chance to look at those 2 ww2 dreadnougts with incorrect requirements when comparing to others?
The reported errors are noted and yet partly fixed for the next update of the biq.

The reported errors are noted and yet partly fixed for the next update of the biq.
Just now noticed that PRTO_Minas Geraes Class WWII is missing King flag aswell, in case it skipped you also.

Last edited:
Just now noticed that PRTO_Minas Geraes Class WWII is missing King flag aswell, in case it skipped you also.
ektufall, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The prerequisites for the WW2 version of that dreadnought, that was added much later than the other dreadnoughts, should indeed be the same as the upgrade of the other dreadnoughts to their WW2 versions.

Last edited:
Even after one more day of reflecting I have no other explanation for this problem, than the city where you tried to build a steamroller had no access to coal as it wasn´t connected to the trade net or that the construction could not be finished because the city is under the 2 population cost limit.

Such a problem was never reported anywhere else, so the prerequisites for the steamroller are the same since many years in CCM 2 and CCM 2.5. Can you please post a save file with that problem so I can have a closer look on it.

Even after one more day of reflecting I have no other explanation for this problem, than the city where you tried to build a steamroller had no access to coal as it wasn´t connected to the trade net or that the construction could not be finished because the city is under the 2 population cost limit.

Such a problem was never reported anywhere else, so the prerequisites for the steamroller are the same since many years in CCM 2 and CCM 2.5. Can you please post a save file with that problem so I can have a closer look on it.
I installed the 4 text files (B.Updated files for CMM3), started a new game and all is well now. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for CCM3! :goodjob:

In the std game you cannot generate an MGL, if you have an SGL or an MGL. You can generate multiple SGL's. I have posted a screen shot of two SGL in town.

Hi Civinator,

I noticed at Coimbra a new symbol. I am not sure if it is yours or Flintlocks. What does it mean?

sign.jpg

I noticed at Coimbra a new symbol. I am not sure if it is yours or Flintlocks. What does it mean?
This is a very old symbol (so recoloured) for airports. Now it can be given back to airports (and other buildings that can produce veteran air units) as with the Flintlock mod, this symbol now is tied to the "veteran air units" option of the airports and no longer to the trade option of those buildings. Please note the same for the symbol of ports.

This is a very old symbol (so recoloured) for airports. Now it can be given back to airports (and other buildings that can produce veteran air units) as with the Flintlock mod, this symbol now is tied to the "veteran air units" option of the airports and no longer to the trade option of those buildings. Please note the same for the symbol of ports.

Yeah, I thought so, but that city doesn't have an airport yet. It is building it.

Yeah, I thought so, but that city doesn't have an airport yet. It is building it.
It must not be an airport itself, every other building with the veteran air unit option has that symbol, too.

Reactions: XTC
It must not be an airport itself, every other building with the veteran air unit option has that symbol, too.
I see it now, it is the Military Research Center! Now I have to quickly change the production ;)

Top Bottom