• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CCTP Working Version Progress

> Merge Foundry and Steel Foundry

In what? Or that is dublicated?
---
Foundry may be evolve into "copper and bronze foundry" that gives +25% speed of building archers & spearmans (uses 1 copper) by cost of 1 tin.
And Steel foundry actually are Blast Furnace that would give additional Iron resources by cost of coal.

Foundry uses iron, gives production.
Steel foundry uses Iron and Coal and gives Steel.

So both unlocked at same technology seems a bit duplicated.

Yes slavery would be a great social policy, with production bonus but happiness malus.

In 3.5 we got a solid policy system, i wish we could get a better one in the future.

We already have happiness malus in occupied cities.

So as i written in conception document slavery tech should be add manpower (and may be production) bonus to empire from each occupied city.

And feudalism tech gives you this bonus from your cities too.

> In 3.5 we got a solid policy system, i wish we could get a better one in the future
Yeah. That was more 'exlusive'. In meaning 'one policy exclusive another'. Abhorrent human language... :)

> Steel foundry uses Iron and Coal and gives Steel

But major historical significance of Steel foundries/Blast furnaces not to give steel as new material. It's more to give cheap and mass produced metal (actually it was more pigiron at start).

Wow keep up the good work guys. I have been playing this every few months. The new version really shines with the manpower and caveman era! The balance is starting to feel right in endgame too!

Really enjoying it.

Sorry to keep pressuring you, Gilga, but why aren't you implementing Jheral's policy system? That way we can have a more diverse network of policies.

Lol, what do you think how many hours i will need to get it working correct.
Iam no spezialist for coding Uis, and before i break the whole mod for the new policy system i wait till someone with more knowlegde will help.

Wow keep up the good work guys. I have been playing this every few months. The new version really shines with the manpower and caveman era! The balance is starting to feel right in endgame too!

Really enjoying it.

Cheers:D, good to hear that lategame is better balanced.
Hope you will enjoy the next update as well.

Actually there are two ways of solve iron/steel problem:

1. Make Blast Furnace giving more iron to support units (i think that iron should be strategic resource for any unit of industrial age) and industry. So player can trade excessive iron with other civs.

2. Blast Furnace obsolete iron as strategic resource (I think this is unrealistic way).

Will look what i can do before releasing it.
But await no many core changes, the most tweakes i have done will you never realize)

Thanks for the response guys and thanks for the welcome haha.

Alright, can't wait 'till the next release. I hope this will balance the early game as my AI seems to be stuck with caveman tech and I am able to get into medieval era in 5000 bc or something, lol.

All in all, thanks for developing this mod! I really appreciate the effort you put in this, must be a pain in the 's' to organize all this, right? Alright, I'm off to play some more turns with this awesome mod. :thumbsup:

>most tweaks i have done will you never realize)
Good coding is approved, but no one has to look at source.

All in all, thanks for developing this mod! I really appreciate the effort you put in this, must be a pain in the 's' to organize all this, right? Alright, I'm off to play some more turns with this awesome mod. :thumbsup:

It hurts many times when you managed something, only to see it worked not correctly or causes bugs and about bughunting well its time consuming.

There are so many things i wish to see altered or changed but this will come the next weeks.
With this release oi hope realy all features are working, this counts for the dummy buildings, religions, policies, resources and many more.
To get it all balanced is very hard. In my last test game i ended with to mayn Manpower for example, the same for the ais.
So i fixed some cost and also changed the requirement of Manpower for military units.
Still under development, since yo can trade Manpower we must be carefully to make not to strong for the early game, but also not to weak for the late game.
You see lot of problems, another funny part i encounter the ability to buy objects in Cities for 0 money, while the boni where 100% or more.:lol:

Await the public version of CCTP 4.02 in less then 3 hours.
The project files will be uploaded later, so that horem can work with it.

With this release i will wait for further changes, so that we dont stepp on our feets when coding;)

Started with vanilla technology text updating up to medieval finished.
Would be nice if some one could help me out here, so that i could go to another part for the future.

Like i posted before this will be a working version, but it should be stable and at least balanced till late game eras.

Since we have added massiv content in the past, we will need some feedback of the players, if they encounter balance problems or any related issue.

In this version i also left the reverse egineering lua tool.
To keep all players up to date with technologies, if you dont like this idea or wanna play without it. Just go in the folder Shared and remove/move ReverseEnginnering from this folder.

Like the version before we support whowards dll mod, but since he is testing the besta version of the patch fall, we need to use his non beta version.
Worked fine, much fun to play with, only the ai doesnt recognize how to use canals.
Iam not sure how to teach the ai to use it better.

Ok finally there are still some misleading textures and some key-strings, but we are on a good way to fix them all on the long run.
This version is supporting both English and German language, but all text should be in English for now.

For compatiblity, not all maptypes are working with the Resource Generator. We will need to test what maps working correct. For now i only played continents and pangaes and they all worked fine.

Ok will be back when i uploaded CCTP V.4.02:nuke:

Please plan to next updates :
(One of two ways)

+ Obsoleting buildings (because building Elders assemblage or Shaman's hut in industrial era is'nt good).
+ Or settler upgrading system (several versions of settlers, which build city with builded institutions of previous eras)

Please plan to next updates :
(One of two ways)

+ Obsoleting buildings (because building Elders assemblage or Shaman's hut in industrial era is'nt good).
+ Or settler upgrading system (several versions of settlers, which build city with builded institutions of previous eras)

The first is included most buildings got obsolete.

For the second this is now easy doing. Will need some lua code with city.can.construct and this stuff and some loops. But to be honest iam no lua programmar, so iam happy when i do some basic stuff but creating a fully working UI or simar things, are hard to come with.

Edit: We could use dummy buildings for granting freebuildings on the creation of a new City. This could be done more or less easy, but should be related to a policy.
Otherwise we need again a own lua code for it.

> The first is included most buildings got obsolete.

Good. May be you can just giving cities, that builded in next eras bonuses from techs?

Good. May be you can just giving cities, that builded in next eras bonuses from techs?

Also need lua coding, sorry to say this. Or even worse dll calling.

So if building gives bonus from each resource hex - that is lua coding?

No there is a xml collum in the building entries. This allowes bonus for resources.
Many things can be done in xml, but for the tricky and mostly game changing addons you need to call lua functions.
This is no big deal but you need to be familar with lua, this was always a lacking part in CCTP since the beginning.
Our only true lua expert is fires-forever. He created the multiple policies and tech pages and created the API support in CCTP.
Well if he will be less busy and willing we will see some more features returning.
If not we have ether to wait or we must recruit someone with lua knowledge.

Top Bottom