• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CCTP Working Version Progress

@ 3335d - I'll look at the policies once Gilga has sent the updated soloution.

Didnt included the new system, didnt wannt to break the mod.
But i bet Fires multiple systm willwork when it will be altered for BNW.
Looks similar like other changes so far, but you never know.;)

Can you add for example new internation conress wonder without LUA?

Yes, we have several of them in the mod (only the text-strings seems broken).
*World History more or less a better museum with a huge tourism impact for late game.
*Global Energy (Or what its called) grand free Electricity.
*Global Vault add +1 Food to each Scientist.

*World History more or less a better museum with a huge tourism impact for late game.
*Global Energy (Or what its called) grand free Electricity.
*Global Vault add +1 Food to each Scientist.

I don't understand their meaning.
Can you please describe it? Like what techs they'll be require and what does that mean?

Oh ok i will try.
They are all ready for adjusting. Add the moment most of the league buildings where related to the tech world projects.

But it all depends that all civs will have discovered this tech, so there must be place for gameplay.

What they do, all need techrequirements, and a resolutions.
When the resolutions is done, its like the vanilla things boni for place 2. and 3.

For more details look a the pedia please, there are so many infos, i dont wannt to post it also here.

Edit: Look under CCTP/Resolution and you will find the xml entries.

I don't like this wonders. Their effects not fits for their meaning.
You make too much wonders, that can be builded in one time and they are not unique.
---
I think you should not add more new, but you should to replace the old ones, which is not interesting.

I may propose for example to make ITER\TOKAMAK as International Project.
And give it main effect of additional SCIENCE from Research pacts.

Actually "CCTP\Resulotions" (spelling error)
Do you use some specialized soft for editing XMLs? Or just text editor?

Actually "CCTP\Resulotions" (spelling error)
Do you use some specialized soft for editing XMLs? Or just text editor?

Yes i use Modbuddy for creating and editing files.
This is the best way for creating a mod.
Its called SDK you can download it for free when you have CiV on steam.

game settings

austria - huge map - play the world map script - quick - cctp 4.02

still many problems with this mod when starting from ancient era

early on you can't do anything the worker is constantly skipping turns because there's nothing for him to do why give one at the beginning if they can't do anything?

you are constantly building caveman and than having to delete them over and over because there's nothing else to do. there should be a convert production to something available from the very start or something else that takes unlimited turns just so you don't have to keep building caveman.

the ai is still broken they still won't expand or evolve they just keep building CAVEMAN (same with city states.) i was way into the medieval era and they hadn't even progeessed from ancient apperently the prehistoric era was never meant for computer players.

religious sanctuary has txt_key error

game settings

austria - huge map - play the world map script - quick - cctp 4.02

still many problems with this mod when starting from ancient era

early on you can't do anything the worker is constantly skipping turns because there's nothing for him to do why give one at the beginning if they can't do anything?

you are constsntly building caveman and than having to delete them over and over because there's nothing else to do. there should be a convert production to something available from the very start or something else that takes unlimited turns just so you don't have to keep building caveman.

the ai is still broken they still won't expand or evolve they just keep building settlers (same with city states.) i was way into the medieval era and they hadn't even progeessed from ancient apperently the prehistoric era was never meant for computer players.

religious sanctuary has txt_key error

I'd like to see the caveman era go by a lot faster. That would also help with the fact you spend so many turns sitting around unable to build things(it would fix the early religions... early large cities... make island maps playable again, etc.)

For a bit of good news, I am not having the problem with the AI refusing to expand. I'm at about 5000BC in my current game and Indonesia has four cities.(I have three, was going to build a lot slower but I kept finding settlers in ruins.) There are very few AIs with less than 2 cities at this point. I'm playing on Emperor difficulty and I can't say that the AIs are either falling behind nor snowballing ahead. It's just right. They are spamming cavemen though; and probably going over their unit limit. I know I had so many that I had a 20% production penalty and I was still behind them in military score.

And in other good news, the mod is much more stable. I haven't had any crashes with this version and only got an icon showing up incorrectly 'font failed to load' error once.

And just curious, but is it normal for Lake Victoria to spawn in the tundra? :eek: I found it, then got a settler from the ruins right next to it. I just couldn't resist settling a city though it is a tad cut off from the rest of my empire. I just have to take the city Persia settled between it and myself and I'll have a nice thin 4-city empire. It will be hard to defend; but I'm playing Morocco and going for a cultural win so I'm hoping it's not going to come back to bite me.

Also, glad to see that mod that caused forests to grow is gone(I know it hasn't been in since G&K). Having the terrain change over time is great.. but not so long as it only goes one way. Especially when you cut down a forest only to have it grow back the next turn. :p

Most important bit of feedback: I'm having fun. :D The caveman era is dragging on pretty badly; but the 'one more turn' pull is there. I'm really curious how this game is going to turn out. It's a huge terra map; and I'm dead center on the main continent. I'm hoping the AI will expand to the new land to give me a bit more challenge, I'm planning to stick to the 'motherland' as I'm sure a coastal city far from the rest of my empire would just make me into a target. My closest neighbor is Venice(turned off start bias); going to be interesting seeing if I can work together with Enrico or if we're going to be trading rivals. I suspect with the extra gold awarded for trading with me; and his double traderoutes we will be world powers. Also Cerro de Potosi is about a city's distance from my cap between us(I know Enrico isn't going to be settling it. :) ) and the Fountain of Youth spawned on the southern coast near the Ottomans. For whatever reason this map has a lot of wonders... I don't even want to know what's over on in the new world.

early on you can't do anything the worker is constantly skipping turns because

you are constantly building caveman and than having to delete them over and over because there's nothing else to do. there should be a convert production to something available from the very start or something else that takes unlimited turns just so you don't have to keep building caveman.

Ever thought of gifting units to a city state for influence?

Ok reworked 2 files to avoid the reported problems.
Caveman limited to 15 per player and added the Process Creation, transform 15% of production into Gold and 5 % into Science, avaible from game start.

You need to replace the old files (Units/UnitClasses.sql and Varius/CCTP_Progress.xml)

Attachments

• CCTP_Processes.rar
    767 bytes · Views: 79
  • UnitClasses.rar
    2.5 KB · Views: 81
And just curious, but is it normal for Lake Victoria to spawn in the tundra?

Strange right, i just changed the ammount of natural wonders per mapsize.
But i found Lake Victory in my last game in a snow region. The only tile workable was the wonder and only snow and mountains arround it:lol:.

Thanks for the feedback, its still under developing, but i think we are on a good way.

> the Process Creation
Available to player? Or only to AI's?

> glad to see that mod that caused forests to grow is gone(I know it hasn't been in since G&K)
And i'm not. It should be, but may be with slowed reforestation rate.

> the Process Creation
Available to player? Or only to AI's?

> glad to see that mod that caused forests to grow is gone(I know it hasn't been in since G&K)
And i'm not. It should be, but may be with slowed reforestation rate.

Its for all players, because i have no clue how to limited to a spezial player or ai.

I think you should create several works for cities.

1. Gathering (at start, 10% to food, and 10% to wealth)
2. Trade (tech: Measure of cost, 15-20% to wealth) This you may use to it my icon with Сowrie/Cypraea
3. Harvest (tech: Agriculture, 25% to food) - you already have that, but i think it would be better and more usable in ancient era.
4. Original game wealth (tech: currency, 25% to wealth)
5. May be more effective wealth conversion should be in industrial era.

Science conversion would be good only in modern era.

I think you should create several works for cities.

1. Gathering (at start, 10% to food, and 10% to wealth)
2. Trade (tech: Measure of cost, 15-20% to wealth) This you may use to it my icon with Сowrie/Cypraea
3. Harvest (tech: Agriculture, 25% to food) - you already have that, but i think it would be better and more usable in ancient era.
4. Original game wealth (tech: currency, 25% to wealth)
5. May be more effective wealth conversion should be in industrial era.

Science conversion would be good only in modern era.

Sounds interesting, got some quick test runnings and it seems that the ai is now much better.

So i think the limit for cavemans was not the problem.
More that the ai ,due there bonus , got nothing different to build.

Also for further balancing i need some feedback about the ammount of Manpower you got over the eras.

Anyway no game breaking bugs, thats the all wished.

Must look how to get the worker better included in the early era.

From playtesting, one of the two CSs near me has an army almost twice as large as I do, composed of Cavemen and Fire Eaters. I don't have an army as large; when I was forced to build cavemen I simply constructed them in 1 turn and disbanded them for 5 gold the next. :)

> amount of Manpower you got over the eras.
empire with 14 cities in early Renaissance (througth astronomy) has to 60 free manpower.

> no game breaking bugs
was only one, when i pick late tech in ancient age.

> how to get the worker better included in the early era
what do you mean?

how to get the worker better included in the early era
what do you mean?

Iam brainstorming, maybe a building requirement that will be needed to construct the workers.

Top Bottom