CEP AI Workers Being Super Lazy?

Gringo52

Chieftain
Hey guys,

First time commenting on here (it was a long process trying to register my account haha).

Anyways, the Communitas mod seems all around awesome. Great map and great improvements on the base game.

That said, there is something that is making it impossible for me to use the mod: the AI simply doesn't seem to do anything. I'm playing a game right now with Morocco on Marathon speed, Large map with 10 civs, and all of the Communitas mods enabled (the latest versions, I think they were updated Feb. 5th).

It's turn 250 or so and of those 10 civs, only 2 or 3 have done anything with workers. The others haven't improved any of their tiles. I just invaded Zulu and he had one city with a population of 4 and unimproved horses, salt, and iron. The civs that do end up doing "stuff" seem to only improve strategic and luxury resources and build wonders and units. For example, I have yet to see an AI built farm, even on top of wheat.

There are a couple of other things that I have noticed that are strange (for example, Brazil sending settler after settler unprotected just to be captured by barbarians) but all of those other issues have already been mentioned. As far as I can tell, there are no other threads on the forum about this worker issue. Is this a problem that other people have noticed or is there something wrong with my copies of the mods/ other mods interfering? (The other mods that I'm using are pretty simple...Fortress borders mod and a few extra civilizations).

Thanks guys for all the hard work!

Just did a real quick test in BNW using all the same mods I was using except for the Communitas mods. AI workers performed much more rationally. So it's either some kind of interference between mods or it's a bug (or something I did wrong in the installation) with one of the Communitas mods. Could the Marathon speed have something to do with it?

Thanks a bunch Erikose, sorry for spamming a thread that already exists guys.

And it's good to see that I'm not crazy or the only person with this frustrating problem...The mod seems so cool and so well done until I realize that I'm basically playing with myself haha :(

Believe me, Gringo, felt the same way! Started a new game with the suggested fix, and perhaps you can help the talented team of modders and CEP enthusiasts to figure this out as well. Been playing the various incarnations for years and well worth it. Most of us would not play Civ 5 without it at this point.

:cheers:

- Erikose

Top Bottom