change to modding from the Gathering Storm patch

So Ive recently tried getting into modding, but the modbuddy asset editor tells me that the version of artdef Im trying to use is too new, and I need newer tools. I noticed that names of assets are named ARMOR_01 and in the old version they're named ARMORC, for example. Should I wait for an update on the SDK or is this something I can work around easily? I cant preview files in the asset editor because it has assets from the "letter era" when I need them from the number era. So I can only view assets with the letters...

So Ive recently tried getting into modding, but the modbuddy asset editor tells me that the version of artdef Im trying to use is too new, and I need newer tools. I noticed that names of assets are named ARMOR_01 and in the old version they're named ARMORC, for example. Should I wait for an update on the SDK or is this something I can work around easily? I cant preview files in the asset editor because it has assets from the "letter era" when I need them from the number era. So I can only view assets with the letters...

As mentioned elsewhere you need to wait for the SDK Assets update from Firaxis.

So we have finally been given the power to grant modifiers via lua as seen in the BlackPlague, as well as custom notifications via lua without hte need to modify the Notification UI file.

I also discovered that EFFECT_SET_PROPERTY works with the "Key" being used for Name and the name of the parameter in "Value"

Oddly, it returns what seems to be a table, and I have been unable to specify or grab anything from said table.

But, via lua it actually does seem to recognise itself. when tested with a dummy variable that wasn't a property I got a nil, but when I referenced the exact same name as in the modifier, I was able to grab the property needed.

So now I have a way to check if a player has a specific agenda.. sweet. (well, as long as a modifier is granted via said agenda/trait).

Sweeeeeeet.

I do think our doors have been opened widely now if one knows where to look for guidance.

If you're talking about this from the BlackDeathScenario_Support.lua
Code:
function ShowPopupEvent(sEventKey : string, iForPlayerID : number, pParams : table, hideUnlocks : boolean)
     ReportingEvents.Send("EVENT_POPUP_REQUEST", pPopupData)
end
The ability to create pop-up events was added quite some time ago and was used in the Nubia Scenario. But I'm not sure if you actually needed the Nubia DLC (but I don't believe you did). I was running a custom version of a city-state meeting mod that used the
Code:
In tandem with new rows in the <EventPopupData> table in Vanilla.

Now I'm interested by the effect of the new tag <ReverseReferences>, anyone tested it ?
that's answered in the updated doc (making your actions occur before another mod), which seems to imply that <References> should also work now.

that's answered in the updated doc (making your actions occur before another mod), which seems to imply that <References> should also work now.

References worked for a while, at least with DLCs, since it circumnavigated the issue of certain DLCs loading AFTER my mod and subsequently preventing some of my updates from working or being able to affect DLC Civs.

If you're talking about this from the BlackDeathScenario_Support.lua
Code:
function ShowPopupEvent(sEventKey : string, iForPlayerID : number, pParams : table, hideUnlocks : boolean)
end
The ability to create pop-up events was added quite some time ago and was used in the Nubia Scenario. But I'm not sure if you actually needed the Nubia DLC (but I don't believe you did). I was running a custom version of a city-state meeting mod that used the
Code:
In tandem with new rows in the <EventPopupData> table in Vanilla.

Hello, sorry for the reply to this necro post.

@LeeS Do you have any information on how to reuse the images from those scenarios? Using 'BlackDeathScenario_EventBG_Gods' for example does not show correctly.

Thank you in advance! :)

Top Bottom