• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Changing Forum Style

Plexus said:
This new black theme makes my avatar look like crap. :/
hehe... That's why I have abandoned my good old Civ3 battleship.. :D

PrinceScamp said:
I like the contrast, but I wish there were better new post, etc icons.

ditto, it's virtually impossible to tell when there's a new post or not, so i switched back to Turnip Green.

Smilies that look bad on black:
[civ4] :nya: :dance: :bump: :woohoo: :worship: :hmm: :aargh:

Yes, your ship looks a little whimpy. But I do like the black style. Is the text a smaller font size in the black?

I love the black style. Thanks TF!

ybbor said:
ditto, it's virtually impossible to tell when there's a new post or not, so i switched back to Turnip Green.
The new post indicators inside a forum? I just replaced those images with the ones from the modenr CFC style.

Not sure about the font size... let me check...

EDIT: yup, it was smaller. 8pt instead of 10pt. I have made it bigger now.

Old eyes can see the difference. ;) Thanks.

Sadly, I will present more smilies that don't look good with black:
[party], :hmm:, and :blush:. Also, some of the little thingies like the thing I put at the top for absolutely no reason other than to give an example look bad:sad:. But other than that (and the increased size) everything looks good:D.

(Also, I looked at a mod action from a thread [red one] and they seemed even more menacing:eek:!)

TF, would it be possianle to select say, the MacOS style, Christmas Style and Black styles nad have them randomly switching to one of the three when you refresh or click a link on this site? Or jsut one the circles through all the styles?

Hey TF! Where did the flames go? Those things were awesome:sad:!

yar it looks good- but too futuristic for that homely feel that "normal" CFC gives me :)

Hi again :)! I made a better black CFC (the current one has a few missing dots here and there) and I think it looks great:

Oh oops sorry then:blush:. I wasn't getting the whole space theme. I thought it was just some missed dots (though for a bit I did wonder if it was supposed to be spacey...) that showed up on the black like other things such as certain avatars and smilies.

Just checking how my avatar looks with the new style...
EDIT: Yay, it looks good!

Btw, I think the "Online/Offline" indicators are a bit dull, would it be possible to make some a little cooler (or at least not just text)?

Thunderfall said:
The new post indicators inside a forum? I just replaced those images with the ones from the modenr CFC style.

yeah! :yeah: that's much better, thank you, I'll now be using the black style

TF changed his avatar...the end of the world is upon us! :eek:

Now I need to find some way to make my avatar look better in the Black CFC style.

Top Bottom