Cheat or glitch?

Athenaeum

Prince
I recently played a duel with somebody (where we were both same difficulty) in which there were no barbarians, no ruins, and no city-states.

When I duel I repeatedly watch the demographics like a hawk. I noticed that he had 2 crop yield on turn 1 (so he was stagnating on pop 1), but then on turn 2 he had population 6,000 (meaning his cap had grown a pop on 1 turn) and had 7 crop yield.

Again, there were no ruins in this game whatsoever. He grew to size 2 in the first 2 turns of the game when he was stagnating on turn 1.

In addition, this person was acting particularly odd beforehand. I have dueled several times, but this person (the host) allowed me to choose all the settings, and even said it was ok if I selected the Huns while they chose random.

I know that hacking/cheating is possible in this game. I don't like to throw around accusations, but is there any realistic way that this person honestly grew to population 2 in such a short time? And if not, does somebody know how he accomplished this?

In addition, I should mention that his soldiers demographic was over 16,000 by turn 2. Even if you have 2 warriors, your soldiers demographic is not supposed to be this high.

Have no idea what is the reason but I know its impossible to grow to 1 pop. to 2 pop. in 1 turn. If no CS, Food TRoutes or Ruins are involved in the process. Even Isabella with Lake Victoria would need 2 or 3 turns.

You are facing 3 Possibilities :
1. glitch of the game itself... Very unlikely We would have heard about that before.
2. glitch of the demographics... Never heard of that, but it a bit more subtile and if it happen once in a while, its possible no one really noticed that one. Possible I guess.
3. The host was cheating... I dont understand why would he do that, what would he gain from it, but it seem to be your most likely explanation here.

If there was a resync ever 2-3 turns then he was cheating
otherwise just play the auto save as his civ (u can enable autosaves as non host) and see if it was somthing like eldrado Rng

Is it possible that he popped an ancient ruins, that gave him a plus one population outcome.

If there was a resync ever 2-3 turns then he was cheating
otherwise just play the auto save as his civ (u can enable autosaves as non host) and see if it was somthing like eldrado Rng

I don't remember if there was a resync. Unfortunately I played a few games after that so the autosave might be lost but I'll check when I get home.

I guess my main concern is to prevent or detect this type of thing in the future, and also to know how he achieved this out of curiosity.

Top Bottom