Check In Thread

Hiya gang, the name's John but I do go by jb so either works.

I live in the US and am in the Eastern Time zone. I check the threads from work and probably every other night from home. Feel free to ping me via PM, IM or email.

I'm a mechanical engineer by training but I don't do much of that these days. I work as a project manager for GE Aviation on engines used for power generation. Google "LM6000".

I play at emperor but my wins are becoming cookbook so I think it's time to get my butt kicked on DG. The problem is I get a kick out of playing at Regent (and lower) and launching the ship at ridiculously early dates. It makes my boys laugh.

I'm a builder and micromanager. I'm fine w/ war but I always go with whatever I've got. Against an emperor AI that's not a problem, but I suspect that at the higher levels, and especially here, I need to better plan the troops that will be needed to win.

I enjoy the back and forth of diplomacy and that is the facet of this game that has my interest piqued more than anything. I think the fact that we have five teams vs. the four from last time will change the dynamics dramatically.

Daghie's post was under Moderator-investigation for trolling .... :(

I can imagine really new teammembers to not get it either.
When you're welcoming new members sarcastically - please consider making it very clear your using sarcasm. For instance with a :love: smile or a :) smile. Or some other way that doesn't scare the new players away immediately.

MMMMKay ???

I think he was using a K.I.S.S. reference; both Daghdha and jb1964 were members of that team, which proclaimed itself as a team of idiots.

I think he was using a K.I.S.S. reference; both Daghdha and jb1964 were members of that team, which proclaimed itself as a team of idiots.
I know - that's how I could convince my mod-colleagues to not warn or ban Dagh for that post. :cool:
But I am not always online ...

Daghie's post was under Moderator-investigation for trolling .... :(

I can imagine really new teammembers to not get it either.
When you're welcoming new members sarcastically - please consider making it very clear your using sarcasm. For instance with a :love: smile or a :) smile. Or some other way that doesn't scare the new players away immediately.

MMMMKay ???

:lol: will take into consideration. Yes, it was very ;) meant. I can just imagine Perfection leaving the forum due to harsh language. In fact I can hear his footsteps right now.....but he's not leaving....they're getting louder...OMG, he smells blood and is coming after me and it's not Perfection, it's a Giant Death Robot :eek:

Hi guys.

GMT. (Herts/Beds borders for the English among you all.) I sometimes post during the day but mostly look in the evening.

Hey - not too far from me - I live near Ely (Cambridgeshire) and work in London, so probably pass quite close twice a day!

The names Ryan, and I live in the Eastern time zone, just 20 or so minutes from fello Cincinnatian jb. I am a high school student at St. Xavier, but I work a lot at Larosas, a pizzeria. I am a comfortable Monarch player, and can hold my own in emperor.

I excel in politiking- actually interacting with the other human players out of the game. I have had a lot of expereince in some browser based games, diplomating for my alliances and such. I may be able to eek out an extra tech or some more gold in peace settlements.

The names Ryan, and I live in the Eastern time zone, just 20 or so minutes from fello Cincinnatian jb. I am a high school student at St. Xavier, but I work a lot at Larosas, a pizzeria.

Hola Thery, Some of my coworker's children attend St. X so I'm sure we know a few of same people. Do you know anyone by the name of Ted?

The only parochial school I attended is now a minimum security prison. Which is exactly what I thought it was when I attended. :lol:

Hola Thery, Some of my coworker's children attend St. X so I'm sure we know a few of same people. Do you know anyone by the name of Ted?

The only parochial school I attended is now a minimum security prison. Which is exactly what I thought it was when I attended. :lol:
Teddy Roosevelt? A last name would rock- with over 1500 kids, there are a few Teds.

Hello, everybody.:wavey: I asked to join team GONG at killercane's request.

I started playing CivIII around the time C3C came out. I usually played emp./dg huge, continents, max. random civ. games and won most by being forced into a win condition. I enjoyed playing in the modern age and preventing the ai from winning. A few months ago I tried CivIII again and joined the forums for the first time. Since joining, I've been learning a lot about civ by trying HoF games and xotm games and, I just got my first two deity wins recently.

My strength is probably that I like to win and play civ for any win condition, and am constantly looking for ways to learn more about this game and think about it in new ways. This may be my weakness as well. I do not dislike micromanagement:eek:, but still have much to learn about the fine points. I can't really think of much I dislike about civIII.

I live in eastern, USA time zone (GMT-5), but don't have a set schedule and am able to check-in often.

I'm new to forums, but I interact well with others in real-life and do enjoy debates/discussions. I'll be reading what's been posted here for awhile to get up to speed somewhat, but any suggestions would be helpful. Looking forward to learning a lot with this.:)

Top Bottom