Check what wonders have been built in the research screen.

The short answer is yes. How, I'll leave to my elders. Really not sure but off the top of my head, it sounds a bit like an SDK job. Even then, wouldn't know the source files to manipulate but the coding would be fairly straightforward.

Great idea btw! I'll be happy to help if I can.

I dunno, the Tech screen is probably written in Python and there is a mouse action event callback, so it might be possible to write entirely in Python. I wouldn't know where to start either. :p

The code for this text is indeed in the SDK (DLL), in CvGameTextMgr::setBuildingHelp().
This will be called with the parameters bCivilopediaText=false, bTechChooserText=true so you can separate this case from other cases where this is called.
This requires some C++ programming and compiling the DLL.

Unfortunately, since this is done as a widget help text (and not called directly from Python), I don't think you can add text to this string in the Python code (unless you create a new widget, but I'm not sure about that).

:cry:
I can wade trough some Python code and understand what it's about, but my programming skills are not good enough for that yet...

This change should not be complicated.
If you're interested in trying (and learning in the process, as Baldyr likes to add), take a look at the "compiling the DLL" tutorial in my signature. It should get you through the first step.

Then the change itself doesn't require much knowledge. You could give it a try...

I believe this can be done in Python. If I remember correctly I did it using Python in my Panzer General Mod. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the details, but I think I used getWidgetHelp() in CvGameUtils.py.

Oh! didn't know about this one. Sorry about my mistake.

TC01 demonstrates using this in his tutorial.
The widget type is WIDGET_PEDIA_JUMP_TO_BUILDING.

Top Bottom