Chieftain of the Month-suggested for beginners instead of GOTM

How exact are you going to be on the 10 AD save? My first save was at 370 AD. I hope I can still enter!

How exact are you going to be on the 10 AD save? My first save was at 370 AD. I hope I can still enter!:confused:

Originally posted by charliehoke
I would really like a warlord or regent game - Chieftain is too hard but I struggle with Monarch also.

Chieftain is too hard?? :confused:

Anyway, I'm up for a COTM game. :)

By the way, what options are there for winning in the first COTM. For some reason, I develop fission, and cannot build the United Nations in order to gain a diplomatic victory. I decided then to pursue a space race victory, but after building the Apollo Space Program small wonder, I could not build parts to the ship. I then went to the spaceship screen, clicked on a part to build and it said "No City May Build" Are diplomatic and space race victories enabled, or am I just doing something wrong? By the way, I am playing on patch 1.17f in the years around 1850!

By the way, sorry for the double post above. :p

Maybe you don't have the resources to make the part...

I don't see the merit of having a COTM unless you are going to try and stop people using the 100% research trick...

I think no one will mind if your saved game is not exactly at 10 AD...

If you are going to having your own scoring method, I think it would make sense to share this before the game.

I think the actual civ score should be he only scoring used, but if you will also use your own formula, please share it now. For us to play the game, we need to know the rules.

Originally posted by Dell19
Maybe you don't have the resources to make the part...

I have played a bit more, and still cannot build the United nations or parts to my spaceship. I have all 8 resources. Here is a copy of my last save.

I'd like to answer all the posts made recently.
1.If the 10 A.D. save is within 500 years I'm ok with it.
2.The first game is played with no victory conditions enabled.
3.I'm going to score with bonuses based on the other nations attitudes. I will also check if the advisor says they attacked you with this bonus. The other bonus is for culture.
And for new things,
1.Please try to submit the e-mail once with 1 zip of both files and keep it as small as possible because despite having 4 MB of e-mail, only 1-1.5 MB is free at a time. Please submit your games earlier to prevent it being lost if my e-mail over flows or submitting them on this forum(if you zip it). Also, both IMP and ZIP formats are allowed as I use WinImp for my zipping and imping.

fantasy_sports,

Are you planning on posting the results of the first COTM game. Even though I did not submit my game, I would be interested in the scoring methods that you used to rank the competitors. Also, while searching, I saw that you created a second COTM for Civ 2. Do you plan to create one for Civ 3. :goodjob:

[dance] Thanks [dance]

COTM #1 recieved 0 submissions and I will have COTM continue with the save game until I get some submissions, my e-mail is now fantasy_sports@elvis.com. Also, I have ditched the my score method and will use GOTM's scoring.

Top Bottom