Chinese Rocketeer

j_mie6

Deity
:DChinese Rocketeer!:D
Download!
This is the Chinese Rocketeer; a unit for medieval China, I made it with extensive help from SaibotLieh

It is the Cho-Ku-Nu skin which has had it's crossbow replaced with the top half of the hwacha. From this I edited the animations and the position of the 'box' (after SaibotLieh had made the box, as it turns out you cannot separate the hwacha using blender easily so he had to make certain parts of the hwacha invisible for this to work)

I added the grenadier's match and also put in the firing effects which explode etc when hitting an oppenent.

This is my most ambitious unit so far :p so I hope you can make some sort of use for him!!!

Enjoy!

Jamie

Now for some screenshots!
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,748
  • Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,756
Well I basically took the Chokunus animations and added the effects and sounds of the hwacha, pretty easy really

The bit that was bad was the box which is STILL a complete hwacha :lol: it was scaled down (along with the arrows) and made some parts invisible and then attached to the hand and put in the right co-ordinates. Must admit though there were times when I thought this would be impossible...

Seriously: Nice transplantation, i guess that can lead to more suprising new units.
It sure is, I already thought about other nice stuff that could be done with it. For example, the British used some rockets for cavalry and ships during the Napoleonic Wars and against the colonies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congreve_rocket
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_vessel

I don't really feel like making some units of that sort at the moment, but maybe someone else does? ;)

I know! My mum and I saw that and I liked it so I based it on that!!!:D:D

Glad you noticed, in fact in my directory it is called the ming warrior

(Btw I was annoyed when the MW lost... I then played a duel game China vs France and got my own back :D)

Right for some reason There is nothing in my orginal file (the one I posted) so I will have to re-upload

EDIT: Ok you can download now! I don't know why it did that :confused:

Top Bottom