1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chopping down forrests

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by cafka, Jan 15, 2002.

1. cafka

cafka Working Class Hero

I've not been playing much lately, but got started on a nice little game last night, and I'm doing pretty well. But, as I'm spreading my civ, I've been "forced" to cut down the forrests and jungels, in order to have room for my cities. I'm technologicaly advanced; have soon reached Industrial Age, and its only about 1000 AD. :)

The problem is; I'm fearing that the natural resources will be hard to get when they become visible, 'cuz most of the forrests in my nation has been cut down - and stuff like rubber won't be easy to get my hands on. :(

Is there any real problem having NO forrests or jungles?

2. Salvor

Salvor Warlord

Although they don't show up until you research the proper tech, the resources are set at the beginning of the game. So things like rubber can show up in a grassland square that started the game as jungle.

3. cafka

cafka Working Class Hero

Oh... You're right. Damn, didn't think about that. How embarassing. :o

Thanks anyway. :D