Christopher Tin doing the Civ 6 Theme Music

Baba Yetu was really good, but personally I liked BTS theme even more, with 'em little Antichrists and all (the little antichrists we praised, the night is on them all). Though I'm sure Tin won't disappoint me.

Its not great news!

Im not trolling here - I love all the Civ's. What I didn't love was Baba bleeding Yeti! Jeez, I remember muting the sound until I got past it. Was great when Warlords came out and replaced it.

We don't all love Baba Yeti! :mad:

Its not great news!

Im not trolling here - I love all the Civ's. What I didn't love was Baba bleeding Yeti! Jeez, I remember muting the sound until I got past it. Was great when Warlords came out and replaced it.

23 posts in and we get our first Nay vote.

And again while I'm thrilled about CT I'll be happy with anything that isn't Brave New World's theme; the singing began to grate on me after several hundred hours lol

Its not great news!

Yeah, I can't stand Baba Yetu either. I think its a reaction to the early 90's when what was known as "world music" was all the rage. A few pan pipes and African drums and people were tripping over themselves to prove how cool they were by liking it :rolleyes:

I love the Warlords theme, even more so as its a love song and not a war song :crazyeye: BTS theme was pretty cool too.

There is another album... "Calling all dawns". Which one is better?
I have this album. It's pretty good but not spectacular. Baba Yetu is the best song.

BTW: Baba Yetu means Our Father in swahili. I love the song but I never understood what they were trying to convey by choosing it for the opening theme.

I've looked through the thread and don't see any person who heard another song of Christopher Tin :lol:

Just listened some of his music for Offworld Trading Company. Good, but nothing even distantly as cool as Baba Yetu, quite regular game music. Making 1 masterpiece doesn't mean there will be more.

Mado Kara Mieru is as good as Baba Yetu IMHO, but maybe that's because I understand enough Japanese to get the gist of the lyrics.

I have this album. It's pretty good but not spectacular. Baba Yetu is the best song.

BTW: Baba Yetu means Our Father in swahili. I love the song but I never understood what they were trying to convey by choosing it for the opening theme.

Not sure, but it always reminded me of nomads leaving Africa in ancient times and eventually settling down. I don't speak Swahili so it was more the tribal beat and African feel.

Just received this email from Christopher Tin (I am signed up as a fan :)) :
Hi everyone,

I have a big announcement to make! I’ve returned to Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise and have written the theme for the latest installment, Civilization VI.

The new song is called "Sogno di Volare", which translates in Italian to “The Dream of Flight”. I took snippets of Leonardo da Vinci’s writings on flight and set them to a new hymn evoking the Age of Exploration.

The game itself will not be released until October 21st this year, but I will be conducting a special sneak preview of the theme live in my concert with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London on July 19th. We'll also be performing many of my other works including: "Baba Yetu", selections from Calling All Dawns, a suite from my upcoming album about birds, and a rare performance of The Drop That Contained the Sea in its entirety!

This London concert will be very special for me, so if you’re in the London area please come and say hi to me at the meet-and-greet after the concert! But, if you can’t make London, we’ll be doing two smaller shows in York and Harrogate earlier that week (but without the premier of the new Civ VI theme). Ticket info for all three concerts is below.

York, UK - July 16th
Tickets: http://www.yorkbarbican.co.uk/whats-on/the-drop-that-contained-the-sea
Harrogate, UK - July 17th
Tickets: http://harrogateinternationalfestivals.com/music-festival/music-of-christopher-tin/
London, UK - July 19th with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Tickets: http://www.cadoganhall.com/event/the-music-of-christopher-tin-160719/

All my best,
Christopher

Probably because civ4 introduced religion. (Especially as something that could spread say from the middle east to africa, as well as europe/americas/rest of asia)

Not original score, and I liked Baba Yetu just fine, but the piece that for me is just Civ-perfect is Dvorak's Symphony #9. Not as the title theme mind you but please be in there somewhere.

The new song is called "Sogno di Volare", which translates in Italian to “The Dream of Flight”. I took snippets of Leonardo da Vinci’s writings on flight and set them to a new hymn evoking the Age of Exploration.

I can't wait to hear what Christopher Tin does with this. I am imagining some epic italian opera music.

Fantastic news indeed! :D Even aside from "Baba Yetu," Christopher Tin has composed a lot of great music, so I look forward to hearing what he's done for Civ6. I hope when expansions are released, they give the option to revert to the original theme like Civ4 did--if I have to hear "Terra Novum" one more time, I might hurt someone. :p

Yes, "Baba Yetu" was the best song--but "Kia Hora Te Marino," "Sukla-Krshna" (sp?), "Hayom Kadosh," and "Mado Kara Mieru" were all very good. Overall, I like Calling All Dawns better than The Drop that Contained the Sea.

Such vitriol against Terra Nova! I quite like it myself, although it certainly comes below Baba Yetu and Al Nadda in my estimation.

I'd agree in preferring Calling All Dawns. It feels like more of a continuous song cycle, and Sukla-Krsne sends shivers up my spine every time.

The Drop... is still excellent though, and features the majestic Mystère des voix bulgares on one of the songs. My highlight from that album is Haktan Gelen Şerbeti.

But yes all this makes me very optimistic for Civ VI's score!

Baba Yetu and Terra Nova are fine, but when repeated again and again start to annoy. I miss the drums of Civ2 which where better background music while I am at the main menu. If they had the new song for the opening movie and then had some quieter background for the main menu and the original theme while loading I'll be happy.

Top Bottom